new site enquiry

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This post is more of a enquiry about airsoft in general. i own a paintball site in north yorkshire on a m.o.d ex ammo storage area.

i had a visit from some lads at the weekend about the use of the site for airsoft. what i need to know is were do i get info on airsoft ive got 25 years playing and running paintball sites. but i know nothing about airsoft what i need to know is were there is a site in my area to go to and hopfully speak to the owners. i need to know what sorte of guns and equipment i need and were to get them from.

alltering my paintball insurance to cover airsoft shound not be to much of a problem. but for everything else im starting from scratch so any help or advice would be grate thanks

• Supporters

if your thinking of having under 16's there be prepared to get checked by the government to make sure your have no previous involvement touching up little kids :P also i believe your site insurance will go up as to cover younger ones is more.

hope this helps, good luck and all the rest

oh yeah, welcome to airsoft ;)

• Supporters

first off, welcome to the forums, and airsofting in general. Its great to hear you are intersted in opening a site.

I'm sure you know a little about airsoft, but the largest differnce is the play style. Airsofting is a much more mil-sim game than the more arena based paintball. the ranges are greater and there is much more accuracy.

the insurance will go up if you dont currently support under 16's, but wish to (i personally wouldn't, they dont accept hits and usually aren't as serious about the sport as more mature players).

Also, its great that you want to open the site to airsofters as our sport is suffering due to the government and opening new sites can be expnsive, but seeing as how you have the infrastructure already, GO FOR IT :D!

just like to thank everyone for the comments.

we have 3 supair fields on site (for the blingers)that are doing very well.

but we also have a large area that we used for paintball when we got work off go balistic.

at the moment we are only doing 1 walk on a month for paintball own gun players.most of the players we get are like the mil-sim players with look alike guns remote bottles and 3 hr games with objectives rather than the blingers with 20 min games and guns that fire 30 balls a second.

so the buildings and bunkers(inc the kill house bunker) and main part of the site is in the most clear most of the time. i will try to post some pictures from the site.

i am from thirsk in north yorkshire(site at dishforth) can anyone sugest were i go to try airsoft for myself and get some tips and info on setting up a site.

my idea would be to find a team or club to opperate from my site and set up a club there is plenty of buildings to set up a sepperate safe camp for airsoft. with water and use of generators.if anyone intrested let me know [email protected] or ring 07506747537 ask for dave. i would also be looking at starting a site for players to come and try airsoft. like i have said this is all new to me and i will have to try it as soon as possible but any help i can get from players will be very helpfull. thanks dave

Archived