Changing parts on an IF

Leinad
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering what the law said about buying a 50% two-toned weapons, and, say, buying a new stock, that was black, meaning the gun would not be 50% two toned?

If it is illegal then that means two-tone-gun owners can't have any fun upgrading the externals of their gun!

• Supporters

Partly on topic, didn't want to make a new one. But what if, you're gifted a RIF, can you then swap external black parts for other black external parts (basically making a RIF into a RIF without a defence)?

well thats an interesting one Liam, well you have an RIF already and buying black parts is not illegal and as you're replacing them I see no reason why it should not be allowed as you are not manufacturing an RIF from an IF but changing it but I imageine it would depend entirely on the police officers opinion or the sites which could change from person to person, i think its what commonly refered to as a very, very gray area!

You already have a RIF so there is nothing to manufacture.

that what i was saying but I can imagine some jobsworth having a go about it

Archived