Leinad

Changing parts on an IF

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering what the law said about buying a 50% two-toned weapons, and, say, buying a new stock, that was black, meaning the gun would not be 50% two toned?

If it is illegal then that means two-tone-gun owners can't have any fun upgrading the externals of their gun!

It's illegal.

You would be manufacturing a RIF. Illegal without the appropriate VCR Act defence. Also illegal to paint the bright coloured bits any realistic colour without a defence.

:D

Partly on topic, didn't want to make a new one. But what if, you're gifted a RIF, can you then swap external black parts for other black external parts (basically making a RIF into a RIF without a defence)?

well thats an interesting one Liam, well you have an RIF already and buying black parts is not illegal and as you're replacing them I see no reason why it should not be allowed as you are not manufacturing an RIF from an IF but changing it but I imageine it would depend entirely on the police officers opinion or the sites which could change from person to person, i think its what commonly refered to as a very, very gray area!

You already have a RIF so there is nothing to manufacture.

that what i was saying but I can imagine some jobsworth having a go about it