Professional rewiring?

DreamWeaver
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know of any retailers who will rewire guns and batteries?

Although i could probably do it myself i lack the tools to do so at home. I purchased an MP5 last week and although it has a full stock perfect for large batteries it came with a small tamiya connector which got me thinking i would like to (ideally) get all my AEG's and batteries rewired to deans or atleast get my mp5 rewired to large tamiya, my current 9.6 battery is large and im having to use a mini to large converter but the quality of the converter is a little off (only paid like 75p for it) and i have actually witnessed the connections producing sparks so yeah, would like to stop using this before it causes any harm.

Thanks

unless you want to spend a lot for labour costs I would buy a decent adaptor

if you're going to rewire then I would advise going to your local site as most sites also fix guns guns and ask them to do it

You don't need to rewire the whole gun to change the connectors over.

You can buy tamiya connectors all over the place (eBay being a good source) and they are held on by clamping them on. All you need to invest in is a cheap set of wire strippers. Chop off the old connector, strip the wires a few mm, then install the new one.

Deans are almost as easy, but you need a soldering iron. You can get a cheapo one in Maplins for about a tenner, and a bag of Deans type connectors on eBay (which usually come with heat shrink). You do need to practice soldering a bit, but it's not hard if you have a steady hand. Again, no need to rewire the whole gun, just snip off the old connector and add the new one. I expect it would cost you more in labour charges than to just do it yourself including buying a soldering iron!

Obviously make sure you put the connectors on the right way round, and make sure if doing a battery you do one wire at a time and take care to prevent them touching each other and arcing. That's about it.

• Supporters

I know that Patrol Base will rewire guns for you, they'll do whatever you want them to, but the labour cost is £25, then there's the cost of posting it to them, having them post it back and the cost of any parts they use to get what you want doing done, so I think it's probably a lot, lot cheaper to give one of the above options a go.

hi mate

its a real easy to do mate i did it with my gun from mini tams to large with a pair of sissors and a pair of pliers on my cheap pen knife as my tools are at my folks house

just cut one wire at a time trim back a tiny bit and crimp it in a slot the the matel pin in the plastic houseing

BUT make sure u tinking about 4 times before u doing about which wire is going wear

you dont wana end up put the wrong wires in wrong places dont ask me how i now thes :P

i got my conneters from maplins was about 2 qued max for each conneter

hope this helps

alex

Are mini tamiya safe to use with a 4300mah 9.6v battery?

Will they support the 50amps discharge rate of the VP racing battery pack?

If i'm going to do it myself i might aswell just convert my battery into a mini tamiya, then it matches my other batteries/guns for ease of use.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Any connectors will work, but if you're going to the effort of getting the soldering iron out, count up how many connectors you will need (don't forget your charger) and just buy the right amounts of deans plugs. More efficient and won't ever go melting together on you.

Archived