Ares scar, eglm and charging a lipo battery advice needed

Codairsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok bought the ares scar, came through today, v g condition, couple of issues, rear sight missing but came with a metal a cog sight, gl4x32a, also the grenade leaks when filling, does work if your lucky, seems to be the inside needs pulling up to seal the inner barrel of grenade shell or it leaks out the gas, shoul I oil this part?

Main thing is there are two lipo flight pack 1600mah 25c7.4 v batteries, there is no charger and I was wondering if these batts would charge on a regular ac charger 18v---0.5A we use this on a ni-mh 8.4 v 1600mah battery for another aeg, the charger has auto cut off charging, do I need to get a new charger? Don't want to blow stuff up?pretty sure it needs a special charger

Ok just read a google search seems you need a proper lipo charger or flames will shoot out the lipo?

Thought I read somewhere the scar was not good for lipo?

At least ares are gonna start up production of this model very soon,

Any help appreciated ,

Ok bought the ares scar, came through today, v g condition, couple of issues, rear sight missing but came with a metal a cog sight, gl4x32a, also the grenade leaks when filling, does work if your lucky, seems to be the inside needs pulling up to seal the inner barrel of grenade shell or it leaks out the gas, shoul I oil this part?

Main thing is there are two lipo flight pack 1600mah 25c7.4 v batteries, there is no charger and I was wondering if these batts would charge on a regular ac charger 18v---0.5A we use this on a ni-mh 8.4 v 1600mah battery for another aeg, the charger has auto cut off charging, do I need to get a new charger? Don't want to blow stuff up?pretty sure it needs a special charger

Ok just read a google search seems you need a proper lipo charger or flames will shoot out the lipo?

Thought I read somewhere the scar was not good for lipo?

At least ares are gonna start up production of this model very soon,

Any help appreciated ,

You need a Lipo specific charger,preferably with balance abilities.

If you buy a good one the I-max B6 or the Accucel they are easy to use and will charge all battery types,around £30~£40/Google or Ebay for more info.

Read the instructions carefully,Lipo's can be very volatile if not cared for..buy a fire~proof bag if you haven't got one but as long as you follow the instructions you'll be ok.

If you need anymore info don't hesitate to ask there's plenty of people on here who can and will help you.

Thanks for the info, just ordered the IMAX b6 charger, tested the scar today it seems to be shooting 2-4 bbs at a time could this be the battery is low on charge as it does seem a bit slow, compared to my m4a1, also my son stuck a 1600 nimah from the m4 in the scar he said the batt went very hot immediately so he pulled it off, can't you use these batts in the scar?

Looked on the end of the barrel and noticed a tiny split in the rubber, is this the nub? suppose this needs to be renewed ?

Any help appreciated

Thanks for the info, just ordered the IMAX b6 charger, tested the scar today it seems to be shooting 2-4 bbs at a time could this be the battery is low on charge as it does seem a bit slow, compared to my m4a1, also my son stuck a 1600 nimah from the m4 in the scar he said the batt went very hot immediately so he pulled it off, can't you use these batts in the scar?

Looked on the end of the barrel and noticed a tiny split in the rubber, is this the nub? suppose this needs to be renewed ?

Any help appreciated

I presume you bought this second hand, as it sounds like it's not a new gun. If it is new, I suggest sending it back to the retailer to put right.

As regards the battery, no it should not get hot. The usual causes for such tend to be gearbox jambs, motor issues or wiring problems, so you may want to get it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing fairly quickly, otherwise it might break down, causing unwanted extra expense.

the battery getting hot may be dew to battery being wired wrong way round to the gun or other way roun as i tryed my mate 9.6v on my gun and it got very hot quickly and didnt fire at all

but i dont wana say it thats the case with urs mate

hope wih helps

Archived