Transportation

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What are the laws concerning the transportation of both RIF's and IF's within the UK. on trains and buses, due to us not having a car to drive ourselves to sites, we have to rely on parents, who are not particularly happy when it is 'their turn' to take us to sites. and i want to know if we are able to take the guns on Public transport

• Supporters
What are the laws concerning the transportation of both RIF's and IF's within the UK. on trains and buses, due to us not having a car to drive ourselves to sites, we have to rely on parents, who are not particularly happy when it is 'their turn' to take us to sites. and i want to know if we are able to take the guns on Public transport

basic rule of thumb is locked up (pad lock) and a thick case, if you do get stopped they know you took the precaution to discard it from view rather then let a barrel hang out the end, dont take my word for this however but its what i read from somewhere a long time ago.

(im guessing you are transporting 2 tones if thats the case you wont need any defense (i.e UKARA) with you)

Hope this helps ;)

What about oversea's how can you do that

Because i live in Jersey and i want to go to other sites in england

I know you can get on a ferry and drive but poeple from America come over to play in england so there must be a way to get them on a plane (with out looking like a terroist of course) :D

• Supporters
I assume most players come over with freinds. If you disasseble the guns, then one player takes the upper/front sections of the weapons whilst the other takes the lower/rear section in their luggage.

that would just make you look more like a terriorst, (why do you have half a gun and the other guy has half of the gun) no basically you ring up the airport and ask them if you can take replica firearms over to england and i believe it will locked away from other luggage and ofc you will be inspected (as well as the firearm) and a background check i would guess, anyway thats what i remember from reading it somewhere, :(

• Supporters

there's something about it in an issue of AI i'll scan it and post it if you want

I've been heavily advised against it by a former police officer I know.

Although it would be two-tone - you never know what might happen. (Plus you could enter the territory of "what if it gets nicked...")

So whilst he said it probably wasn't a good idea - he didn't say you couldn't.

• Supporters

i did some research and i believe the best course of action is to act as if it were real.

IE: have a locked case with the trigger disabled/locked so it cant be shot, even if the magazine had ammo in and was in the same compartment of the case as the weapon itself.

so:

1. lock the trigger

2. dont load up at home

3. keep ammo, gun and mags sperate.

also, maby have proof of ID and UKARA number with you.

• Supporters
i did some research and i believe the best course of action is to act as if it were real.

IE: have a locked case with the trigger disabled/locked so it cant be shot, even if the magazine had ammo in and was in the same compartment of the case as the weapon itself.

so:

1. lock the trigger

2. dont load up at home

3. keep ammo, gun and mags sperate.

also, maby have proof of ID and UKARA number with you.

and inform the airport, your best bet is too also speak to the police and ask there advice!

Archived