Battery holding PEQ boxes

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm planning on getting an ICS M4 with RIS at some point soon but because of the RIS it has a totally enormous PEQ box that fits a large type and aside from it not even being a real PEQ, I think it looks miles too big.

So I'm just wondering if there's a replica, fake PEQ box that's smaller (like BF3 laser type size) and are there any batteries I could fit into it without having to take a dive in performance?

Or alternately, might nun-chuck style batteries fit into the gun's RIS? 'Cos that'd be miles better.

• Supporters

Will a battery fit in the stock tube? I want to keep the LE stock, which is why I'm asking about the PEQ boxes.

you can get RIS which hold mini type batteries inside. the only difference between mini type and large is the mah but a mini will easily last a whole day

• Supporters

I know but I'm getting the model that comes with RIS because it's cheaper and the RIS isn't big enough to fit a battery in.

Or at least I assume not as a PEQ box is supplied to fit a large type battery.

Once I've got the gun it might turn out a nun-chuck battery will fit in the RIS, but for now I just want to know if there's a more realistically sized fake PEQ battery box?

• Supporters

Ye their are but they come with built in lasers and ill buy that PEQ from ya if you want as i have been looking to doing a light and laser peq that can hold my batt aswell

I know TM stock tubes will fit Lipo batts, not sure about ICS but I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Can you link the ICS M4 in question? If I'm thinking of the right one, the PEQ box is modelled after a PEQ-2 which is fine in terms of realism.

• Supporters

It's this one Cerbo: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-...airsoft-gun-aeg

I don't have it yet Craig, but if I find an alternate battery solution I'll send you the PEQ box if you really want it.

That looks like the PEQ box...that Cerbo gave me with my 416..its fine, you can fit a mini in there if not two minis!! :)

The PEQ box is big, but as already said it's a PEQ2 and pretty much the same as the real one.

You can get much smaller PEQ boxes. The PEQ15 or the PEQ16 are the smallest I've seen. They will only fit Lipo batteries. If you're going lipo anyway, there's a good chance you can get one that will fit under the RIS rather than needing a box at all.

Here's a pic of my ICS M4 CQB with folding stock and PEQ16:

cqb-2.jpg

cqb-1.jpg

It's a bit chunky on the very short RIS, but will look smaller on a full length!

Pic of the 2 PEQ boxes together: PEQ16 and PEQ15

peq-small.jpg

Both boxes hold a 1300mah 7.4v lipo. I swap them over halfway through the day to make sure I don't run out of power.

The other alternative is to run a lipo in the stock tube, but you will need a rear wired M4 otherwise you'll have to rewire it yourself. Then you'll need to do a bit of modding to the stock tube unless you buy an ICS crane stock.

• Supporters

That's the kind of thing I was thinking about yeah, thanks. Do they actually function as PEQ boxes as well as holding batteries, or are they just battery shells?

Since you've brought up lipos though, and how they might just fit in the RIS anyway, that sounds like it might be quite a good route to go down instead...

I've heard that lower voltage and ampage lipos will equate to the same as a regular battery of a much higher voltage and ampage, so is there a lipo I can get that will perform the same as an 8.4v regular battery and that won't damage the gun or blow a fuse?

I don't mind what the life's like 'cos I don't feel that having to switch batteries half way through the day is a problem, never really understood why anyone ever moans about it...

You can get them that function as both, but that obviously limits the space for the battery. Lasers look cool but aren't particularly useful. Especially for woodland play, so it's debatable whether you need one.

If you stick to a 7.4v lipo then you won't effect the gun in any way. Depending on the battery it'll give somewhere around the same performance as an 8.4v or 9.6v nimh battery. I find mine are somewhere in between.

Check out component-shop.co.uk for decent lipos. Make sure you get a good charger!

• Supporters

Alright, thanks Hibernator, you are quite definitely my favourite addition to the forums, why didn't you join sooner? Lol.

:)

Just trying to help a fellow ICS fan :) There's a lot of rubbish posted on forums about ICS guns and incompatibility - mainly from people that don't own them!

I'm not saying they are the easiest guns to accessorise, but there isn't much a dremel and a file can't sort out :) The only thing I've never managed to get on mine properly is a none ICS pistol grip. I know it can be done with a lot of filing, but I've never bothered. For everything else, there's usually a way!

The split gearbox makes them an absolute dream to work on, plus you get the ability to change FPS in seconds to suit different site rules! Great bits of kit!

:)

Just trying to help a fellow ICS fan :) There's a lot of rubbish posted on forums about ICS guns and incompatibility - mainly from people that don't own them!

I'm not saying they are the easiest guns to accessorise, but there isn't much a dremel and a file can't sort out :) The only thing I've never managed to get on mine properly is a none ICS pistol grip. I know it can be done with a lot of filing, but I've never bothered. For everything else, there's usually a way!

The split gearbox makes them an absolute dream to work on, plus you get the ability to change FPS in seconds to suit different site rules! Great bits of kit!

as i own an ICS also do you know any RIs rails that'll hold a battery inside?

also I need a silencer, not a good one mainly for looks

thanks

• Supporters
Yea he would have just you take up too much room and i posted the parts for the stock this morning.

That's awesome Craig, thanks a lot.

as i own an ICS also do you know any RIs rails that'll hold a battery inside?

also I need a silencer, not a good one mainly for looks

thanks

Don't know any that will fit a nimh battery. Although I think the SIR set may fit a mini, but don't quote me :) There's a lot less space inside a RIS than a normal handguard, so it's mainly only lipos that will fit. But you'll find that with most M4s, not just ICS ones!

As for silencers, anything with a 14mm ccw (sometimes called "negative") thread will fit an ICS. So any chinese cheapy one will do, I have a couple of Element ones on mine.

Don't know any that will fit a nimh battery. Although I think the SIR set may fit a mini, but don't quote me :) There's a lot less space inside a RIS than a normal handguard, so it's mainly only lipos that will fit. But you'll find that with most M4s, not just ICS ones!

As for silencers, anything with a 14mm ccw (sometimes called "negative") thread will fit an ICS. So any chinese cheapy one will do, I have a couple of Element ones on mine.

okay thanks a lot!

I own an ICS M4 myself, just successfully downgraded her with an M90 spring so she is now shooting 350 FPS not the 380 she was previously. So I can vouch for how easy the gearbox is to work on. Now lets hope I did it right, playing on Sunday :)

On PEQ, personally I hate fighting to get my mini bat in the foregrip, it does fit but I on the reverse hunt for a nice PEQ to put the bat in for simplicity. My mate has the ICS anniversary edition and its PEQ holds 2 mini batts. So he can carry main and spare, just plugs in one and tucks wires away from the other.

Archived