Airsoft in foggy conditions?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I just looked out the window and it's so foggy I can't even see 5 metres to the path, can only just see the light from the street lights.

I was just wondering if anyone has been airsoft in extremely foggy conditions (like 10m or so visibility). If so, what weapon/play style did you use and how was it?

• Supporters

I really want fog next time I go, although sniping may be difficult..

• Supporters

Played at urban assault in the fog, could barely see from one side of parade ground to the other :P

i imagine its like playing with one massive smoke grenade going all day

• Supporters

I always wanted to play well lit, outdoor CQB at night, in an abandoned factory complex type place, whilst it's raining.

I think it'd be an awesome skill and nerves test, rain hitting lots of metal structures would make it hard to hear people, then there's low visibility and close range encounters to test reflexes. I think it'd be awesome.

Does anyone else ever go anywhere, like school/Uni/work and just walk around thinking, "God damn this would be an awesome place for airsofting!"

Or is that just me? xD

Does anyone else ever go anywhere, like school/Uni/work and just walk around thinking, "God damn this would be an awesome place for airsofting!"

Or is that just me? xD

only all the time!

I played in super foggy conditions at a night game once. It was in the middle of a storm and the fog set in reducing visibility to about 10ft. After we left the game, the fog was so bad that we actually got stuck in a muddy road. The vehicle was towed out in the morning.

• Supporters
ive played in fog and snow and i must say never again using lights in the daylight to see where you going then seeing a enemy going prone then realising theres now 3 inches of snow down your top :s

Man up! :P:lol:

• Supporters

Last I played in snow, I spent half the day squelching with a freezing cold foot..

nice and foggy, about 10 am on Sunday Morning from the rough location of the camera to the two staff in Hi vis bely / vest in the background is around the 55m mark

th_DSCF1995.jpg

About 13:30

th_DSCF2200.jpg

Visibility ranged from 20- 100m depending on your location and equipment, using telescopic sights in the afternoon was not very comfortable (actual condensate on the lenses from either the fog or breath), as well as motivating players was a nightmare.

Why do they complain about mud I don't know, if its that bad bring a change of trousers for the ride home.

Played woodland on Sunday, very very foggy. My shotgun came in pretty handy as I'm an awful lot more likely to hit a spontaneously appearing target with a shotgun than an AEG. Pretty handy when you see a bulbous (burger-eating...) Noob appear in the fog when he hasn't noticed you. A barrel appearing would have been his first clue, but no, a bang kill (Which he didn't take) resulted in him jumping backwards and trying to get away. 5 BBs later to his builder's behind, and he wasn't standing straight for the rest of the day...

We had about 20m maximum today - challenging, but different.

You are permanetly wondering if it is actually foggy or your glasses have steamed up.

very cold, damp, muddy.

have to keep moving or doing something to stop your hands from freezing, other than that it is fantastic and well worth the effort.

Great day was had, loved it. Clocked -4 degrees at one point.

To quote Rick - "It's like real-life has a draw distance! It's like I'm in a 90's PS2 FPS!" Very useful for me actually - meant that everyone was reduced to my normal short-range vision.

One tip - don't wear (black) tinted goggles. Made the conditions far harder to see in...

• Supporters

Counting Count, what site is that?

West Yorkshire, its only about 80 acres of actually playable area with it being a working quarry in an urban environment (you gotta love the industrial areas of the country for that).

I doubt if there will be any more games this year, the final before Xmas is at "The Complex" on the 18th December.

In the winter is cold, wet and very muddy, in the summer its warm, dry and very dusty, its not a place to play if you don't want to get dirty or work hard for the locations as it ain't flat in the locations where there is cover, and we don't have control over what is where either.

Archived