Gun won't fire?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Anyway, last night I decided that since my KWA M4 isn't selling, I might as well break it out of its uber wrapped packaging and have a fiddle with it.

I took it apart and sorted the hop up issue out, I'm not sure how, I just took it apart and back together again and now it works! Confusing stuff. :huh:

Obviously it was working when I tested the hop up otherwise I wouldn't know. After the test though, or rather, what ended the test, was the battery running out. It did that thing where you can tell everything is slowing right down, until there's not enough power to cycle it anymore.

So after that I called it a day and packed it away in the cupboard.

Now, this morning, I got it back out to test the overall range as it was dark last night and I wanted to see the full effect of my tampering.

But, I plugged a battery in (not the same one) and nothing. Literally nothing, no vague sounds at all. Just like there's nothing plugged in.

Any ideas? It seems weird that this happens the day after I take it to pieces. <_<

• Supporters

Yeah, tried 3 and then tested them all using other guns so I know there're working.

I think it'll be a wiring issue, all the wires are wrapped up and squashed and bent, so there's probably something wrong there.

Though, the motor isn't properly secured to anything. I know that you're meant to be able to adjust the height of it using the screw at the bottom of the grip but the guy I got this from fitted a PSG1 grip, so the motor's basically hanging there...

But if it were the motor not engaging the gears it'd still spin, just not do anything, right? So it must be a wiring issue.

It's sorted now, I'm just an idiot lol, the previous owner had the fuse wrapped in tape, I just undid all the tape and one of the connectors attached to the fuse had just come apart.

Archived