Remote airsoft gun

Governor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I jast a an idea of making a remote operated airsoft gun, here are the rough plans:

Get an M4 variant (not too sure what make yet) make a metal mount to hold round the receiver + trigger area

Place the mount securely onto some sort of motor or turn table

Make a firing mechanism or re-wire to an automatic switch

Connect a camera onto the upper rail, place a video transmitter onto the camera, get a portable screen/tablet and connect the electronic receiver to that getting a live stream video from the gun

get a control unit and figure out a way to control the horizontal movement of the gun as well as activating the trigger.

also locate a suitable battery source for this

what do you think?

Albert

Its already been done and quite succesfully i might add

oh, ok, do you know who did it? i'll still do it anyway

Not sure if sites would allow it but it'd be cool.if u could make it

yeah, i would use it for our films, and maybe even give it to a local site as a pressie :P

No i just know it was discussed on paintball and airsoft orums around the world

ok, to make it better should i make or find some codes and make it follow and shoot and track moving targets?

Quick update people, I just found an old(ish) RC car/tank thing that has a live feed camera and audio that go straight to the controller, I will start to strip it down now and see what I can do with it

Being an 'aliens' special edition fan i would say 'borrow' their look. Autofiring / tracking could potentially put you in more 'hot' water than a manual control since it would count as blind fire situation. For filming its not like anyone would know if it were really tracking, or just said it was. At least if a human has to actually press the button, it counts as an aimed shot when in use at a site :) Sure something with a basic camera and screen could be rigged and work well.

Often thought of trying that with a gun cam / my helmet with mini screen, but not got past the "wouldn't it be cool" stage of development yet.

Archived