G&P?

Governor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok, thanks

When I was doing some research before buying my M4 I found the gearboxes are suposedly great but it appears that the bodies let them down...

• Supporters

G&p externals are pretty much the best short of systema and ino, the body on my old one was great quality.

The hop rubber is the only thing I can fault, its not great but its still usable. They often come shooting at 355-365 FPS but I believe newer ones come in closer to 340

I think G&P are really good, but my friend told me the gears are weak and may not withstand a really high powered motor or a higher spring..? Idk Marksman556 will know the most since he has/had a G&P :P

• Supporters

I've recently got a G&P M16, need a high mAh battery though.

My 1600mAh 8.4v got extremely hot and for some reason made the gearbox lock etc.

I took it back, Fire Support replaced the cut off lever with a Systema one and I bought an 8.4v, 3700mAh battery - works great now, amazing trigger response and ROF!

Externals are good, solid and have good finish on them - nothing too rough or too shiny.

• Supporters

Well if its any consolation, mine had at least 75,000 rounds through it, probably above 90k if I'm honest. A friend has a horrible moe one that's been through close to 55k, both had no parts changed.

Shouldnt be a problem :P

Im hearing good and not so good about g&p, mostly good and it seems the vets on here give thumbs up, also everyone will use an abuse their guns different which leads to more or less maintenance, do guns strip down and rebuild with minimal wear to screw threads etc. It's not easy making a choice when there's so much on offer!!

Archived