Ares scar Dx Lt Is this gun too heavy and not powerful enough

Codairsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok guys I like the looks and extras etc, but does it cut the mustard, I've watched tube vids and it looks like a great choice but on the field is it going to do the business, at 5 kilos I'm worried my arms are gonna feel it? 300 fps?. Can anyone tell me who has one what it's like, I'm new to AIRSOFT and have played a few skirmishes in Spain using all metal g36 and g&g cm16 plastic commando, they were ok I just want a gun that I can rely on to get long range accurate shots, can the fps be upped easy without compromise? Or would I be better off going for the usual m4 top tech type aeg.prob would only use grenade launcher in cry cab?

Don't want to spend more than £200 on any gun

Any help would be appreciated

• Supporters

I'm sure most people on here will tell you that Ares are generally pretty bad, they make super pretty replicas but the internals are somewhat lacking.

As Marksman will tell you - Save up a bit longer and buy a G&P M4, you'll be able to get a bog standard one for around £220, so not breaking the bank too much and it'll more than match what most people are packing.

Just shop around basically, so long as you spend more than £160 what you get will be a decent starter gun, check out actionhobbies or wolfarmouries, they have quite wide selections.

Makes to go for would be Tokyo Marui, G&G, G&P, CYMA, VFC, ICS, Classic Army... You should be good looking for those, there's enough range in all their products to contain something you'll like the look of for under £200.

Happy hunting.

Thanks for the honest advice, prob won't go for that ares scar for sale on here then did email him an offer of £175, still love the looks"very tempting" but they mean nothing when your out

Second hand? Low use(but everyone says that)

Thanks again for your reply Ed

• Supporters

I didn't add the King Arms because I'm not 100% about it, you could buy it and take the risk, there's as much chance it'll rock the boat as there will it'll sink it, but there are a lot of mixed opinions on here and it's better if you buy something everyone praises, not just some people.

I'm considering getting this next time I can afford it: http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...ct&id=ICS20

I know it's pretty expensive by your budget, but in my opinion ICS guns are the best guns to start with, my site uses them as hire guns and they must all have had over 100,000 rounds through them EASILY and they're still totally amazing, range and accuracy are awesome and they look great too.

Plus, you can buy a front rail kit and fasten all manner of extras to it and no doubt work on the internals as well.

A major selling point of ICS rifles is that're easy to take apart for maintenance and repairs so they're all round spot on guns.

If you look around there might be a plastic model for quite a lot cheaper that'll have just the same internals too.

I am still so drawn to the ares scar, can internals be upgraded? I mean surely this gun will perform?

I am def getting two so the other will be the m4 regular tried and recommended from you guys, I would like someone who has this model to shed some light on it, seller has 2 good battery, gren launcher Inc, gun used once and in perfect order,£250 plus postage.if the gun is not practical just say, he reckons the fps330 not high because barrel is tight bore.

Is it a gun that is sealable?

Day off Tom so have all morning to look about, may well go for a nylon as 2 nd gun my boy is 12 weight etc,

We can always upgrade later if we continue with the sport, I'm not worried too much to loose a few quid,

If you guys say def not to buy then I guess I'll go with that

• Supporters

At the end of the day it's your decision.

When I first started it was basically just so I could get a gas blowback rifle, when I came on here everyone said the same thing, "Do not, under any circumstances, get a GBBR as your first gun"

So what did I do? I got one anyway.

Was is totally crap and too hard to cope with a cost a bomb to keep fixing just like everyone said it would? Sure did.

I could've made the effort to get it sorted but it ended up costing me too much. So I learned the hard way that it's better to listen to the majority.

However, gas rifles are a whole different barrel of fish, AEGs can have parts replaced and upgraded, the hard part is finding out what parts will fit and work and which won't. Everything is a very long drawn out and faffy process so it's best to just go with the crowd because then there's more people to help you.

In my opinion, making the wrong decisions is the best way to learn and you'll learn it a lot faster as well, I only know what I'm talking about because so much stuff has screwed up for me lol.

Buy the gun if you want, it might be great. It might not.

If it's not, there'll people somewhere out there who can help, or if all else fails, you can just fix it up and sell it on to the next person and so on and so forth.

The world will still spin whatever happens.

Just bought an ares scar light dx used once for £220 Inc postage, just waiting for it to arrive tomorrow, yehaa.also has the eglm and 2batts as well as a scope, thought it was a great deal, we shall see tomorrow.

Also emailed ares direct reg parts etc, got a reply within 10 mins stating they are to resume supply of the model and parts by April 2012 with any luck.

Good news for anyone who can't get spares!

Also bought that kwa two Tone listed on here my word it's a powerfull gun and very solid build I am very impressed, would like someone to recommend a nice rail system to go straight on where the plastic one sits

Cheers

Archived