sig p226 gas pistol

Farley1981
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I picked up a sig p226 gas Blow-back pistol the other day and i took it out on a game day, before i used it i lubed the gun and mags up used green gas as i was told this is what it takes.

After a few shots it just spat the gas out i only got a few shots off had to re gas. i know the colder the weather gets the worse gas guns get, is there anyway to stop this or to help out a little so i can fire off a few mags without worrying in my gas will release itself.

Thanks

Rob

Sorry all I put down the wrong gas it wasn't green gas I used it was something called ultra gas could this be my problem?

Also can this gun handle green gas?

I've been told its better in the colder moths

• Supporters

Ultra Gas is just a brand of green gas, it's all the same.

Which model of P226 do you have? Full metal pistols will tend to do that around this time of year, a lot of people on here will recommend plastic because they work better and don't waste your gas, but if you're like me and hate the idea of a plastic pistol when the real deal is metal, then it's just something you're going to have to live with.

The only thing you can do to improve it is keep the gun, gas and mags somewhere warm.

You could try an armpit holster or something like that, but I doubt it'd make that much difference.

• Supporters

I have the same pistol and it was working flawlessly all year until I took it out with me a few weeks ago. I think once it hits November you might just be better off not taking it with you.

Archived