Can you break a pistol by just cocking and uncocking it?

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know it is quite sad, but the mag for my pistol has broken and is in the shop being fixed, I have the gun and I have a habit of just cocking and uncocking the gun, will this break it, does it count as dry firing or is that when it is fired properly just without BB's?

Thanks in advance, Cameron

For goodness sake just put the toy gun down and play with something that actually does something instead. You may need to close your bedroom door for that....

Yeh, ok I agree it is kinda sad, but, it was in the shop for two weeks and then went to get it yesterday and obviously wanted to have a go with it but the mag was broke, so I have just been doing that at the moment and I was wondering if the some what fixation for it would end ip breaking it?

Pardon?

Oh to be young and ignorant :rolleyes:

On topic, of course pulling back the slide will cause wear as would normal operation. It may be tempting, but ultimately you're decreasing its life.

Oh to be young and ignorant :rolleyes:

On topic, of course pulling back the slide will cause wear as would normal operation. It may be tempting, but ultimately you're decreasing its life.

I take that as a personal insult and challenge you sir to a duel at sunrise.

I take that as a personal insult and challenge you sir to a duel at sunrise.

I accept the challenge, and I choose pistols and swords, sir!

On another note, you can also damage the hammer spring by prolonged use.

I accept the challenge, and I choose pistols and swords, sir!

On another note, you can also damage the hammer spring by prolonged use.

And so it shall be!

And have you Cam really have nothing eles to do apart from racking your pistol slide?

Archived