KJW M4, or WE L85?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just been watching some reviews on YouTube for the WE and I really seriously want one again, but the range and accuracy still seem pretty suckish going by the AirSplat on demand review...

The KJW M4 on the other hand seems to get the same press as the WE G39, it works well consistently and performs like an AEG... But, it has those goddamn fugly waffle type mags...

Does anyone on here own either? 'Cos I really wan't some proper one to one feedback from someone about them. Can't decide whether to go with another GBBR for summer, or just do what I was going to do and kit out an AEG to the max.

Is there an NPAS for the M4 though? I've not seen or heard anything about them.

The NPAS question though, is how do they actually work? 'Cos I was thinking just now, in America the WE without NPAS was chronoing at about 470fps but the consistency wasn't 100% so if you added an NPAS, would an NPAS improve consistency?

My figuring is that if the gun really wants to hit 470 fps but you stop it at 350, won't the fact that it's pushing so hard against that block to try and hit 470 fps, mean that it consistently hits the exact fps you've set it at, because it's overloading what the NPAS is allowing to fit into the pressure system? Does that make sense?

I'm assuming the NPAS kits work in a certain way, which they may well not do, but that's why I'm asking.

'Cos if the consistency can be improved with an NPAS then I may well be persuaded back into getting a GBBR. Really want the RA Tech L85 from Tactical Quartermaster... Or in fact, any of the RA Tech modified guns from TQ lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Normally , if you like M4 GBB, I suggest you buy WA / G&P Series M4 GBB. Dont buy KJW M4!!! WHY??? Because KJW M4 the replacement/upgrade is very trouble. At the moment only RA TECH have the bolt & Inner Barrel for KJW. And the other hand, WA system M4 have many many parts , you also buy the parts install yours own gun. G&P have 3 or 4 full kit. G&P M4 GBB Kit Cheeck it out!!! . If you choose WE L85, I think L85 this model, RA TECH will keep make more part for it. It will be good.

• Supporters

That's what I was thinking, KJW parts might be hard to come by but from what I've heard there's practically no need to buy any.

But what about the RA-Tech L85? I've seen youtube videos of the RA Tech M14 and it's utterly awesome, so if the L85 will be the same or similar, it might be worth throwing the extra money at it.

At least then I won't have the issue with having no spares...

There's still the NPAS question though, does anyone know anything about them?

forget about both, stick with getting the inokatsu, best gas gun around, i've personally set aside a little fund, (i spend £50 a month on airsofting, £30 on game, and either saving the other £25 for the ino, or using it to buy some desperately needed gear), i've finally been able to have a mess around with one, and i can promise that you will love it.

better to buy once, than to buy twice

• Supporters

Just read the 8 page thread on Arnies regarding the L85 and it sounds like a good gun once you have everything nailed down.

It's just that not everyone's had to fix the same issues... If the problems were consistent from everyone then I'd probably get one.

Still very temped by the RA Tech one on TQM. Not that I can afford it... Or even to feed myself properly at the minute lol.

Archived