Viper drop leg holster

Glen666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had my first skirmish today at ambush adventures in chobham, had a fantastic day, however my holster I use I'm having some issues with and was wondering if anyone would have some advice. I'm using a viper drop leg holster and the problem I have is that it comes loose around the leg during the skirmish and I actually dropped my pistol at one point. Any suggestions or recommended alternate holster would be appreciated.

I had this problem, what i did, because i am 13 years old, i tuck the clip bit in whereever, then, the upper leg strap, you want to extend as much as poss and use like a belt then the other one can go like normal. if you dont understand ask :)

To avoid dropping your pistol - ALWAYS do up the strap after re-holtering your weapon.

How to avoid the coming loose problem, do that to both clips.

V-V-V

post-1160-1321211714_thumb.jpg

post-1160-1321211732_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Mine's fine.

I know that it's meant to go on your thigh, but if you roll up the bit that fastens to your belt so it doesn't really hang much further than the length of the clip part, then the thigh straps go around the meatier top end of your leg, so it holds it a lot better.

My pistol sits about as high as the bottom of my trouser pocket, so it's about an arm's length to grap it.

The only thing I hate about it is how fiddly it is to refasten the button that holds the pistol in after you've holstered it.

I had the same issue. I bought an IMI polycarbonate holster. Similar to the serpa but cheaper. It comes with a belt clip and you can also get them with a molle attachment. Look on g1098 tactical website. Awesome holster.Forgot to mention I use a beretta M9 also.

The 93's fit the M9 style serpa's

I assumed not due to the elongated trigger guard and handle... A quick google says people have to chop them to fit. I'm fine with the holsters I have, until a gun goes flying...

got mine on chest part of plate carrier.really easy to get at and re holster. i had to buy the molle attahment but think they do one now with it included.

Archived