To Trust Or Not To Trust

TPI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What do You The People think?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trust an under 18 with a High ROF Rifle

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on mentalality.
  2. 2. (This is a Q For my site) Landmines would you prefer Water Or powder going over you?

• No
    • Yes But only Water
    • Yes But Only Powder
    • Yes Either is good for me

• Supporters

I would if they were mentally sound. I wouldn't if the rifle was only 2 - 5 inche's bigger in length as those ones are annoying.

And to my last Q either is good for me.

See im trying to improve my english Dave?

Do I trust under 18s with high-ROF weapons?

Considering some of the stupidity I've seen from grown men with high-rof AEGs... Depends entirely on the mentality. If these are rental weapons, you could ensure that their FPS is permenantly lowered to 250-280. (And give them mid-caps! :lol:)

Mines - I'd say powder only.

Whilst AEGs [don't] explode instantly on contact with water, I can understand some people getting mightly peeved if suddenly their precious gun was soaked (and I believe some guns have rust problems). You've also got winter - not everyone would appreciate getting soaked with cold water in winter, especially if they haven't brought a spare pair of trousers...

edit - hang on, I can't remember if I actually used the poll options or not - should it still allow me to vote?

• Supporters

No you give them low caps :-P and i just saw it on Z1 so thought why not

and thats what i thought aswell id love to soak someone though...

And you should be able to i think if not theirs something you cant refuse to improve Dev

Ah, turns out I hadn't actually voted!

Done.

In summer I don't think the water would be a problem (unless it's overcast and cold - and since this is Britain...)

Alternatively, if your site already has water on it, as part of the terrain (F&O Heywood has a shallow river/wide stream), it might not be much of a problem - just be wary that some AEG users may go ballistic if their gun gets soaked haha.

• Supporters

Yea even with my waterproof mod my brother still doesnt go chargeing through ditchs filled with water where as i have the mental age of a 3 year old when it comes puddles and such and jump in them lol!

• Supporters

I thought i forgot something and i do partly agree as HROF guns have no place in airsoft is my oppinion unless its a support gun but people will be people unfortunately.

People state that they want a HROF because they get better trigger response. Quite frankly the amount of difference between a high rof and a normal rof is so miniscule that it would make about a 1m difference at 40m and stuffed if you could actually tell who hit who first.

HROF has the potential to cause physical injury to another player with a large amount of shots hitting a very small area. This is not something that anyone playing airsoft should intentionally be trying to do.

I said no, as I don't see why ANYONE would NEED it.

Support guns need to be able to do a continuous burst without burning out contacts, but not a HROF, just a LOF (lots of fire!)

• Supporters

No one needs a high rof. It's pathetic, impressive if you get over say 65rps but shouldn't be allowed in games imo. No one really needs full auto either tbh but ill let that slide :P

Water is fine for me but powder would piss me off

Obviously it depends how much water, I wouldn't want to be soaked- I fall in enough puddles as it is

the high rof question for me depends on the mentality of any age imo, as there are adults just the same as young children that will happily spray a target unneseseraly (sp?)

as for mines i dont want to be sprayed with water or a bright coloured powder tbh . water is obvious why not and the powder will no dout get in all the little crevaces in your gun/kit so just means more cleaning to do so neither thanks.

On ROF agree with comments above, I have been shot more than once by HROF guns and you still out but it hurts more and does more damage. As well as FPS I would be happy for a ROF limit, still whatever floats your boat I suppose.

On mines dust or water would be bad in my book as well. We have old paintballs everywhere and the paint gets in everything. Hate to think of the mess powder would make of my black loadout for the rest of the day. I would suggest sticking to simple BB's, lob a shower of them like the airsoft claymores do :)

Mentality on all ages is important, you can normally judge quickly what someones like,

you could always have some more powerful and less powerful guns and dish them out to who you think would use them better, but be warned if you make them all weak then people might not want to come back

Archived