bravo two zero

spurs 14
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello to all im new to airsoft and am in the process of putting my kit together , am going to run british desert camo `all sorted and bought along with assault vest again british std issue surplus ,now heres the bit i need help with , would also like a belt and yoke set up and would like the same set up used in the film BRAVO TWO ZERO but didnt recognise it , it wasnt desert DPM or plain olive colour ` as in old isue . so has anyone any ideas ???? thanks for your time and help

• 3 weeks later...

In the book, the one that got away (about the same mission, but from chris ryan's perspective), he says that they all had green plce webbing, but that they spray painted it for the mission. i'm not sure if it was the same in the film though.

Joss.

If you're really wanting to go down the B20 road mate (unless you're on a strict budget) id forget about the Sean Bean film or The One that Got Away. Kit wise, they are riddled with inaccuracies. For instance they omit the ww2 sand wind proofs that were worn by all of the patrol members in favour of a desert dpm smock which wasn't around at the time. They also fail to show the US ALICE webbing that was worn by some, the SAS 72 Pattern Vest that was worn by Bob Consiglio & Mike Coburn & also no one has a 72 Pattern SAS/PARA rucksack which was also used (i believe by Mike Coburn). study the pictures in the book & look it up on the net there's plenty of pictures of the SAS in GW1 too.

Though perhaps an illustration of the webbing is better exemplified in the documentary 'The Real Bravo Two Zero' by Michael Asher as seen here:

What was mentioned above concerning Ryan is right, but it was a General issue ops vest in OG. Silvermans used to have them in stock.

If you decide to go spot on original instead of the film, it may set you back a few pennies. but a useful alternative is to use OG PLCE & spray it up. A repro 72 pattern vest can be found at silvermans too & sprayed up to look more convincing. You could also pick up a silvermans repro ww2 desert windproof too if you dont fancy splashing out a couple of hunderd bucks on an original!

Just something to consider....

Yup, sure is. But apart from PLCE theres also an ALICE ammo pouch & harness there too. Not everything they had is shown. for instance the vests, unless they're under all that kit somewhere...

Oh & the 72 Pattern SAS/PARA rucksack is there infront of the minimis (without its frame).

yea when doing a film look you'll find that most of the stuff in the film wasn't there (ie there are occationally M4s in BHD even though they only came into service in 1997 and BHD is set in 1993)

as long as it looks right its good!

True, in the one that got away a gimpy is featured when no one carried it. they had minimis. Production wise, in these films, they arent there to make a documentary (which i guess is even more fitting because some of what was written in the books was shown to be fantasy) & because some of the kit used is rare & hard to track down or even have repros made, they have to settle with the next best thing.

The kit in the films does present a good airsofters alternative, if youre none too concerned with accuracy or on a budget.

well I say if its good enough for a £Xmillion production its good enough for airsoft :)

Hmm im not sure it was the multi million pound movie that we may think of, in the Hollywood sense. McNabs states in the interview after the film that they settled on the BBC, who were offering to do it for the least, because other production companies were wanting to go too far away from the book...

Interesting that i can do it right & im not a millionaire, but for a BBC 'TV' movie, we'll let them away with it :)

yea well I am normall y refering to films like BHD or jarhead orthe like wich are multi million pound films

Good films.. Getting slightly more on topic, a basic OG PLCE belt order would be fine for the loadout & they can be found easily on ebay etc & wont break the bank. Also, as said, ALICE webbing could also be used no problems or a combination of both sprayed up in sand or khaki would help polish it off nicely...& thats you doing it real.

havent watched the film in a bit but im 99% sure that some of the actors do sport basic PLCE cam'ed up like i mentioned above & if im right a couple of South African army ammo pouches make an appearance which may account for you not recognising them...well the movie was shot there..

acording to that vid they sprayed the crap out of their guns so why not their webbing?

Hmm not sure what you mean? They did spray both their weapons & the webbing as clearly shown in the footage....

Anyway heres how you could go about it. PLCE webbing with an ALICE water bottle & pouch. My one is sprayed up with Krylon Khaki in this picture (its old) i now have humbrol sand paint on it to be more like the colour of the real webbing shown in documentary. But if you liked this look it would be ok too, the colour they have in the movie is like this & some of the other cam'ed webbing the SAS used in GW1 was like this aswell. Mind, all of the cam'ed webbing used by A, D & some of B Squadron, it wasnt done with the 'exact' same brand & shade of paint. as Ryan states he did his himself at home, only to have someone tell him it was too bright!

dpm2-1.jpg

You can see what i mean here about the similarities & colour. By the looks of it too hes using an ALICE waterbottle pouch with a 44 pattern waterbottle & to the left of that looks like a 58 pattern water bottle pouch. This is to resemble the picture of McNabs webbing the book.

seanbean.jpg

Archived