Low Proflie L96 Bi-Pod

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I was just cleaning my gun for the weekend, and I've just realised how high up it sits when the bi-pod's deployed. It's not practical in most situations as the gun's too high and easy to see.

I currently use the super cheap crappy one that came with it that mounts on the rail adapter, it's too big and isn't very stable on the gun.

I'm looking for one that mounts under the gun, like this kind of thing, if it will even fit the Well L96.

How do these bi-pods fit on, are there low profile ones and what are they called, I can't find them, only the cheap RIS mounted one.

Also, on the second link, what is that mag? It's a spring gun, but with a fake magazine attached?

Thanks.

• Supporters

If I still used the same bi-pod then the problem would still be there, I meant how do the Harris bipods mount onto L96s? It has a funny little loop thing at the bottom of the front of the stock..

Anyone suggest a short Harris bipod that isn't too expensive (under £50 preferably)?

• Supporters

As far as i know the only harris style bipods that mount without ris need that little loop you mentioned and they cost 100 pounds and upwards

• Supporters

My R700 bipod mounts using a lug at the front of the stock, you tighten a screw under the bipod and two pins grip the lug from either side as you tighten the screw.

Is that a Harris type? I got mine for £50 from my local gunsmiths. I'm selling my sniper with the bipod as an accessory, so you can buy it if you want? You'll have to check my sale thread for price, I can't remember what I've put it up for.

But if you're after a low profile one this probably won't help much because it's actually massive.

When the legs are fully extended I can aim the rifle from a sat, hunched position, it must be at least 2 feet high.

Archived