Technically Illegal or legal

TPI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Is it legal for a site to say anyone without UKARA have to have a two tone or rent from them to use a RIF as the closest to me has started saying that and im annoyed as i want to buy my brother a rifle for a present when he gets back from his last tour?

• Supporters
Is it legal for a site to say anyone without UKARA have to have a two tone or rent from them to use a RIF as the closest to me has started saying that and im annoyed as i want to buy my brother a rifle for a present when he gets back from his last tour?

They're perfectly within their rights to stipulate whatever regulations they want regarding your coming onto their property and using their services; unless there's a contract issue (unless you have a paid membership with them or something, there isnt, and it would only apply to your brother) or a discrimination issue (there isn't) you're stuck with a "like it or lump it" situation.

My advice would be to just talk to them about it, remind them that the VCRA doesn't require UKARA as a proof at all, it is merely a convenience which the courts will accept and it certainly makes no bones about ownership or use where a purchase post-VCRA has not been made.

yea my site said that i would have to get site membership otherwise I have no legal reason (proof of airsofting) to own one and it would be confescated if i was seen with it not at a site????

yea my site said that i would have to get site membership otherwise I have no legal reason (proof of airsofting) to own one and it would be confescated if i was seen with it not at a site????

As Finius has already mentioned, you do not need any 'proof of airsofting' to own a rif, just a defence to provide to the seller when purchasing (of which the UKARA system is but one recognised defense). The seller simply needs to be satisfied that you are a legitimate user/skirmisher/reinactor/HK movie stuntman/whatever, and not a dick. What they will accept as proof is up to them.

Laws regarding waving guns around in public tbh haven't changed for donkeys years, it's always been illegal to carry replicas/air weapons/whatever without a defense. This can be as simple as telling the them "I'm going round my mates to shoot my gun" for example.

Laws regarding 'being seen' with a rif are entirely variable dependent on the case details. Ie waving it around outside no.10 will see you on the news being carted away in either cuffs or a body-bag, whereas being seen plinking in your back garden is fine (though you may well get a visit if you haven't informed your neighbours about your hobby and they feel threatened by it, or you were ignoring the boundary laws when shooting for example).

Just to add to the other replies, there is no reason why, if you are skirmishing with your brother, that so far as your site is concerned, he is borrowing the RIF from you, since you clearly are a registered player, whether or not you gift it to him. It's not really any of their business to decide who can use what RIF, so long as they comply with site fps rules. For all they know he could be a member of another site and does not need to be registered on the UKARA database anyway. That's only really relevant if you want to purchase from a UK retailer or import into the UK, as without registration you should not be able to do either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On a side note... I will be moving to the UK (Kent) very soon. Is it permissible for me to bring my airsoft rifles with me. I don't want to stop playing, and don't see the need to leave my gear in the US.

You can bring all your gear/accessories/mags without any problems, just the gun that might be a problem. Also, I believe that US fps limits are higher, something to consider. As for the guns, well our legal guy Finius promised to PM you. He probably said everything that I did as well but just so that others will see as well.

Racingturtle, I'll check for you and shoot you a PM, but please make a separate thread in future.

maybe it should be separated into a new thread? spec when you have checked^^

Archived