how do i lower my FPS

Tank-uk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there. I am new to airsoft and only been playing about 3 months. I have got a brand new FN P90 metal upper receiver and plastic lower.i play indoor CQB in bristol and my p90 is firing at approx 380fps. I need to get it down to approx 320-328. Does anyone know how to do this. Being new i dont have a clue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TANK

• Supporters

Yea you need to change the spring and dont ask me how to do it as i sold my P90 and i couldnt explain it well enough...

{i wish you would have asked a couple weeks ago i could have taken pictures to show you how to do it}

• Supporters

brand new, it may fire a little on the high side, a few hundred rounds on full auto should lower it, but maybe not by 50 or so fps. springs are cheap though, heres our guide to springs ;)

These will vary depending on what manufacturer you go for and what you're putting it in, but here is a rough guide as to how they should convert.

1J ~ 328fps

M85 ~ 279fps

M90 ~ 295fps

M100 ~ 328fps

M110 ~ 360fps

M120 ~ 394fps

M130 ~ 427fps

M140 ~ 459fps

M150 ~ 492fps

M160 ~ 525fps

Please consider using our Airsoft App's 'Spring Suggestor':

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/app/

think i need to go with the m100. does anyone know anybody in the south west of england who will change the spring for me? Any companies etc.

TANK

• AF-UK Founding Member

You might find your best way of doing it is to get the part and get down to your local skirmish site. Most sites will usually have someone who is into the 'techy' side and they will often be happy to help for free. This way you might learn how to do it for yourself next time too :)

Springs? SPRINGS?!!!!

You could always chuck a handful of dirt and bogies down the barrel. Works a treat. ;)

While acquiring the dirt isn't so problematic, it takes a while to 'gather' a handful of bogies though. You might have to start up a bogie charity drive at the start of the day. Kinda like a bogie amnesty for 'softers.

On a slightly more serious note, an adjustable velocity reducer can be a handy thing to have around for low-fps site days too. Much quicker than a spring swap if you're a little hot on the day.

Springs? SPRINGS?!!!!

You could always chuck a handful of dirt and bogies down the barrel. Works a treat. ;)

While acquiring the dirt isn't so problematic, it takes a while to 'gather' a handful of bogies though. You might have to start up a bogie charity drive at the start of the day. Kinda like a bogie amnesty for 'softers.

On a slightly more serious note, an adjustable velocity reducer can be a handy thing to have around for low-fps site days too. Much quicker than a spring swap if you're a little hot on the day.

Like the bogie theme lots lol. With the adjustable reducer is that an external thing or internal?

Well i've not looked at them for a good few years (anyone started to notice a theme with my posts yet? :P), but they used to be pretty popular with cqb players obv.

You just screw them on the muzzle and can adjust how much reduction you get on the fly, or with preset shims to bring it to a known speed. They're very quick and easy to install, and use.

Google for Tokyo marui velocity reducer if you wanna check 'em out.

Edit - btw these are reportedly less effective when firing in full auto on higher rof guns and some sites may refuse to accept them (mainly cos cheatin buggers can chrono low and remove/adjust the reducer in game).

Thanks for that mate. Just ordered one from fire support. Hopefully that will be ok so I can keep my normal fps for outdoor.

I personally would never have kicked someone by default for potentially being able to cheat just because of the equipment they were using. You might as well not let anybody play, as they could go round all day just not taking hits.

If the gun was found to chrono hot still while in full-auto for example (due to the aforementioned potential flaw in the device), then I would simply restrict the user to SA fire only.

Are VVD's considered cheaters devices?

Or how about quick-change mech-boxes such as those on the ICS's?

All gas guns? (power varies with temp)

At the end of the day its up to the site owner to decide still obv. If my hypothetical vel reducer was working fine then i'd take great offence to being labled a cheater by the site without having cheated. Though it's their site and their rules, so as usual, when in Rome and all that...

Tank-uk - No probs mate, I hope it works out for you. And please do let us know what your experiences are of it in use. :)

Archived