G36C

Menthis
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New to forum not entirely sure if this should be posted here but hey ho.

I have a ares g36c which broke a while back it, what happened was i firing away testing it before a weekender and what happens just poof a crack sound and it kept miss feeding.

Well ive had it looked at the hopup has snapped where it holds onto the front end bit. i dont know the names. not sure if thats the issue. but i replaced the tappet plate and it seemed to not miss fire but ever since this incident the gun has dropped around 40 fps and now shoots out to the left abit.. been advise it could be an airseal problem. but im just worried cause it still seems to misfire abit and double feed :/

Any help is appreciated thanks.

the barrel isn't aligned properly, even the slightest degree out will send a BB left or right eventually.

If the hopup has been replaced, put some teflon tape (PTFE tape) around the barrel and hop where any air may leak, just one or two layers will work.

fix those and see what happens ;)

WHat do you mean not aligned, how do i align it?

and where do i want to put this tape?

Thanks ill be doing this tomorrow as day off work hopefully get it fixed :(

thanks

Your opening post says the hopup has snapped. Do you mean you have tried to repair it and that is what has caused the drop in fps? If so, I presume you have a plastic hop unit, in which case buy a metal replacement and you should get back the lost fps if you refit it correctly.

Your opening post says the hopup has snapped. Do you mean you have tried to repair it and that is what has caused the drop in fps? If so, I presume you have a plastic hop unit, in which case buy a metal replacement and you should get back the lost fps if you refit it correctly.

Well yes the hop up like the things that held it in the barrel thing lol i suck at explaining sorry but i replaced it. its plastic but it stays in fully now and i need a new front end bit, do you know anywhere i can get one as the grooves where the hopup sits has snapped off on one side... so

the barrel is tilted slightly to the left, simply remove the barrel and hop assembly from the gun then twist the barrel a touch to the right - keep using the hop up rubber fully on and looking down the barrel to check it is pushing the middle of the BB rather than the edge.

Okay thank you i will try that tommorow i reckon that probably is the problem as first time putting my gun back together probably slightly out of place ha

And where do i need to put this tape? under the hopup?

once everything is reassembled as normal, put 1 strip around the front of the hop up. Cover the barrel clip, joint between hop and barrel and about 1cm of barrel.

If that fixes the issue, replace the hop up unit, if not, it's a gearbox fault.

Okay so put over the barrel and over the click on the hopup

will try this tomorow and update tomorow thank you

Archived