Hello, new here!! want some info on good starting guns to get!

Elzer0
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

im new here! I am going to be starting airsofting soon.

Having to wait for the season near where I live (S.E England)

Have already started to look at guns once I have a liscence!

Just wanted to say hello, and get some advise on a good starting gun!

At the moment I am thinking of getting a Famas, witha red dot and a flash light on it. eventually maybe some type of scope!

I have had a go on a friends M4A1 and seems very good..

But Im finding it hard to find good reviews on guns.. the famas get 4 stars on performance and range on wolf armouries, but most guns dont have a review....

I would be looking to spend about £200 on a rifle when I get one, then get the extra parts as I go on i.e red dot, torch, better batteries, extra clips, then eventually a pistol etc.

If people can recomend good guns at a good price, ones to avoid, places that are good to buy from in the SE of England, I would really appreciate it :)

I would recomend you go American (M4/M16's etc) there loads on the market so you have a alot of choice also they are a good platform to upgrade if you wish

STAY AWAY FROM SNIPER RIFLES thier not as much fun as running around with a rifle also can be very expensive most "new poeple" go for a sniper and end up selling them on after there 2nd walk on for half the price

Have a look at Action Hobbies they a good place for poeple just starting out i bought my first and second rifle from there and it was down it two weeks and i live on a island so thats pritty good :)

But its all down to you TBH if you like the Famas then go for it they all basicly do the same job :D

Hope this has helped

Welcome to the forums :)

Often there's a lot of reviews on youtube so you might wanna have a look there.

Cool!! thanks very much!! that site seems very good! prices dont seem to bad!!

I wont be playing as a sniper, id rather be in the action!! lol

Ill check out you tube for some reviews, didnt think of that.. hopefully I can see sights of guns/ what can go on them.

Yeah I know the M4a1/m16 are standards.

Also like the G36, there is one on that site that seems very nicely priced!! im sure the more im here things will makke more sense etc!!

think the place I can go opens up in march, so they may have shop etc there when i can go.

cheers

What are makes to go for/avoid?

have seen

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/SRC-M4-A1-Carbine_AQHOX.aspx

not sure if the src model is good?!?!

or this one

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/JG-M4-CQB-C...-AEG_ALIN3.aspx

i may pay more for the

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...p;id=32RTMMASSV

like i say am very new to this, so been looking at reviews etc, but the different makes goes over my head at the moment!

I have the CQB my self dont use at much now though since the stock fell off!

It was just a simple screw back in job but the stock isnt built to sling the rifle

Also if you do buy it be carefull when sliding the adujstible stock it has been knowed to snip thw wires

I would recomend the M4 S-System Read My Review Here

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

you arent seriously thinking of playing airsoft with that FAMAS? just target practice it would do fine but actually skirmishing you'd probably have more chance chucking BB's at them :D

• 1 month later...

I wholly recommend the G36 as the the magazine can clip side by side as well as folding stock which is good for CQB. i started with one and bought a G & P carrying handle with inbuilt scope with it and its worked wonders for me.

Archived