S-Thunder Grenade Launcher

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying one of THESE but what do you guys think?

Its only £39 and i was looking for a launcher but they're so expensive and the reviews of this are good.

Thanks Nick

Remember you need to buy shells for it too, it'd probably be a pain in the ass, get something rifle mountable

yes very true but under slungs are minimum £100 plus grenades

• Supporters

you can use any 40mm shells with any 40mm Launcher, be it underslung or hand held.

underslung are heavy, slow and expensive, small handheld ones are light, effective, quick and cheap.- you do the maths.

also, remember that these are SHORT ranged weapons. keep it in a large pistol holster and draw it when entering a room/attacking a bunker.

also, remember that these are SHORT ranged weapons. keep it in a large pistol holster and draw it when entering a room/attacking a bunker.

yea that was the plan to use it in a kill house type place and also a little intimidation :D

I think the hand held grenade launchers look amazing!!

planning to get one myself actually!!

But im stuck between the S thunder one or the Ultraforce one...

Ultraforce is £150 though...but i dont mind paying the extra as long i know its going to be good quality and reliable n not break if i drop it.

Let me know what the s thunder is like and worth the money

I don't think i've heard a bad thing about them s-thunder jobbies. Cheap 'n' cheerful as opposed to cheap 'n' nasty seems to be the case.

Useful being able to load whatever you like into the s-thunder shells too. Not having any precision machined tubes in the shells means you can use cheap-ass .12g bb's for a bit more range and spread, or chuck some powder in there for smoke for example.

yea thats what i like about the frenades. also from reviews they are mean to be pretty hardy, i think a lot of launchers are massively over priced

Now that depends on perspective!

Ie: "Wow! That laucher costs as little as a grenade!"

When the ind std launchers and shells are at around twice those s-thunder prices, it turns into quite an appealing prospect to boom-stick lovers.

You'd be hard pressed to find any other manufacturers 40mm shells for that money that actually work. If the shells hold up in my field tests then I will very likely be getting more. Incidentally, they're around half the price of what I paid for my moscarts, and thats before taking into account the best part of a decade's worth of inflation!

There were some King Arms nades I was eyeing up recently too which were pretty cheap, but i'll wait and see how these open chamber type jobbies hold up.

Will do! :)

Oh and if there's anything that you guys want to know how well it fires it, let me know and i'll stuff it in the end and see what happens.

Within reason! No sarnies please!

I was thinking about trying some scatter foil for some torch-lit disco disorientation effects. :rolleyes::D

I know some launchers can fire smokes out of them, by putting it infront of the shell and adding a little wadding

I've only got tins of flammable stuff here at the mo so that's a big no-no. :P

Besides, you can throw a smokes much further, more accurately, and quicker too. A powder load for cqb would be handy to have at a trigger pull though

I will probably knock up some foam slugs at some point also. Never know when they might come in handy for vehicle games.

It just arrived too! Build quality and tolerances feel superb, and the valves actually work. :o

It just arrived too! Build quality and tolerances feel superb, and the valves actually work. :o

this the shell?

where did you get it from?

ahh, yea they're quite cheap, my friend lives in Hong Kong so hopefully he can get some cheap king arms ones whohc hold 190 rounds

Archived