Slide not sliding smoothly only after cocking

ucof
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a KWC Walther P99 springer ( http://www.kwcgun.com/Image/KA-25HW%20EN.jpg ), possibly about 12 years ago, but over the past 10 years or so, it has been rarely used.

I have recently come back to it however I have found that the top slide will always stick in place, but only if it has been fully cocked. If I pull it back to just before it cocks, and release it, it will snap back firmly. Note, this is not a "last round" issue.

I have completely stripped, cleaned and lubricated all moving parts (first with WD40 but then restripped and dried it before using baby powder (talc) as a dry lube) but it is still sticking.

I have stretched the spring (part no: S702) and put it back in place to give it a bit more "oomph", but it hasn't made any difference.

Does anyone have ideas what could be causing it?

Agreed, however it was late at night when I went about repairing it, hence why I stripped and dried it from any WD40 remnants when I realised about the implications.

Still not sliding back smoothly - I can only think that the spring has lost its' strength over the years.

Are there any other reasons why this might be happening?

Archived