7.4v Lipo Battery for high speed G&P motor

NickL
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone

I have been told that ideally you should use a 7.4v 1200mAh lipo for the high speed motor in the G&P guns.

I'd like to know if it would be ok to use a 1300mAh battery and how this could potentially damage my gun?

The reason is that I can get the 1300's cheap with the deans conectors already attached.

A quick reply would be appreciated as I need to get batteries sorted berfore this weekends game.

Many thanks

Nick

It's my understanding that it's the voltage is what would wreck the gun. The higher the amperage the longer the battery will run for.

I stand to be corrected, but I think it would be fine

The_Robbo is correct. A 7.4V Lipo isn't going to stress your G&P gearbox internals at all, unless they're already worn or badly set up. A 11.1V one would though.

I use a 4300mAh 9.6V NihM in my G&P M16 and it runs just fine all day on that, even when charged fully to about 11V. That said, running a high speed setup on a 1200 or 1300mAh Lipo isn't going to last that long each game, possibly 1500 to 2000 rounds before it runs out of juice. And if you are going to use a Lipo, make sure you get a proper Lipo charger and a Lipo Alarm to connect in the gun, as running a Lipo down below 3V per cell will knacker it very quickly. As soon as the alarm sounds, stop firing and either recharge or replace the battery.

Archived