Looking at getting a new gun, and grenade launchers?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So G&P Armalites have same internals, just whichever I like the look of the best? Seems odd that I can get their M16 for under £250 and some of their M4s are over £450..

I won't get the Masada, considering it's £400 and I'd look like a CoDsofter..

How come Cybergun banned production?

And how are G&G Scars?

Narrowed down to a G&P Armalite or G&G Scar-L after looking at a few reviews..

How do the internals compare and which would you get?

If you'd get a G&P Armalite, a link to which one would be nice :)

Thanks again..

• Supporters
Narrowed down to a G&P Armalite or G&G Scar-L after looking at a few reviews..

How do the internals compare and which would you get?

If you'd get a G&P Armalite, a link to which one would be nice :)

Thanks again..

I can tell you that the G&G SCARs shoot in a tight group more than that not a clue Liam :(

• Supporters

I wouldn't touch a g&g scar, I've heard of too many problems with them

The reason for g&p prices is because your paying for externals to be upgraded. A standard m16 has a cheap plastic handguard whereas say, an m4 viper has a high quality rail set, and better stock.

The g&p would have higher quality internals too. If it were me, id get a short g&p sentry, vltor receiver in tan. It's on lwa but im on my phone so can't link it sorry.

• Supporters

Gonna be one of their M16 range, I don't like the crane stocks and I prefer longer barrelled weapons..

Now to decide which one.. standard M16A3 or go for a more fancy and expensive one with rails?

Thanks for your help guys! :)

• Supporters

What I was thinking, final question - do you know what size Tamiya it uses? All I got from Zero One and Fire Support after emailing was them telling me it uses Tamiya..

• Supporters

Mine came with mini tamiya but the shop I got it from may have changed that. I know most m4 sliding stock variants come with deans as standard.

As an m16 with battery in the stock id assume large tamiya

• Supporters

Okay, I'll send them another email to see if I can get something more helpful!

Thanks for all your help! :)

Just before I order from Fire Support, what are the stock barrels & hop ups like in G&P AR15 series?

Would it be worth me ordering new ones at the same time, or should I do at a later date?

• Supporters

MadBull Blue is the same as red but with different nub, right? 'cause I have a spare for my sniper lying around somewhere, could use that..

Reckon it'd be worth installing a MadBull 6.03 TBB?

And you don't just happen to know whether or not installing a new barrel will void Fire Support warranty? I've already emailed them a few times today..

• Supporters

Not tried red in an AEG, it works pretty well (too well...) in my sniper though. I guess I'll have to email them again, hopefully he won't mind :). They may even fit it for me, good service and friendly people.

Side note: Thinking about it, since I started airsofting just over a year ago, I don't think I've met any unfriendly airsofters.. Obviously you get the odd few non-hit-takers, but no-one's actually been ignorant and rude.... even some guy who I team killed about 4 times in one day.

• Supporters

I wasn't too bad with team kills.. we were both being stealthy and flanking, then we met each other behind enemy lines and I shot him.. which gave my position away and I got shot soon after.

Anyway, back on topic - what weight BBs would you recommend? I have a lot of .20g BBs, but I'm thinking using .25g would be worthwhile?

When i went into another airsoft shop, they told me that TM hop up units were made to fire .25's out of them, they can fire others but they are originally based on .25's and everyone uses a vague type of TM unit design....soooo.....use .25's :P They're awesome, they also has oddz numbors :D

• Supporters

The fact that they "has oddz numbors" is an important factor is it?

I'll decided BB weight when I go, they have hundreds of bags of each there so can test them then..

And what do you think of free float rails? This one to be exact, it's M16 length.

Freefloats are for looks i guess, that one looks US mil. Style :)

and no it isnt but its an awesome thing about them, like.43's

Archived