Looking at getting a new gun, and grenade launchers?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm sick to death of my M4 and will most probably be selling it along with other M4/M16 internals.

So I'm looking for a replacement AEG, looking at M16s as I have 6 midcaps that'll fit and don't fancy having them go to waste too!

Just wondering who makes the best M16 (internally and externally) for under £300.

Any recommendations as to which brand to get and where to get it from?

Also, I'm liking the idea of an M203 grenade launcher but want to know a little more about them..

Are they actually any good, I know they're pretty much just shotguns, but I heard someone talking about sticking a smoke grenade in them??

What's the best brand to go for, looking at G&P again. Mainly because they have an M16 with M203 for ~£350 on Fire Support, so I can pick up on game day without delivery worries..

Thanks.

I've got the G&P M16A3 which came with an M203 launcher (since sold on), although I acquired it in a swap for an RPK, not as new. The previous owner didn't think much of the G&P M203, so replaced it with a CA one, which was sturdier and worked well and best using Madbull CO2 grenades. He also worked on the internals of the M16, as it now sports a Systema barrel and Madbull Ultimate hop unit. Both give the M16 great range and good accuracy, so much so that some players are surprised when they get taken out at what they think is well over AEG range.

As a basis for a good combo the G&P is worth considering but you might want to consider upgrades when funds allow.

• Supporters

Thanks, and I'm still unsure on the grenade launcher as they seem pretty expensive.. £100+ plus £40+ for shells...

I'm not too fussed about handguards, although ones with RIS and flip up sights look pretty nice.. any recommendations regarding this?

I'm still browsing around, but needing to get one within two weeks as I current have no AEG that works too well... :/

I would definitely upgrade the hop and barrel, but how does the gearbox in them stand? As I have a G&P upgraded 8mm bearing gearbox (from Wolf Armouries) here that doesn't fit my M4 :(.

yea you can put smokes in them. got to find one that just fits and then make the fit tighter with some bog roll or the like and then they fire out

• Supporters

Why would I be in trouble? You mean with marshals?

No experience with other makes but I can confirm that my CA short 203 is very "chunky" and is used as both a USGL and a "Stand alone" depending on how I feel B)

• Supporters

I suppose that wouldn't be too great.. although could make a nice little extra to shoot molten BBs at people...

Are grenade launchers worth the £150+ though?

And what do you guys think looks better, M16A3 or M16 with RIS & flip up sights?

• Supporters

I'll probably get an A3 as it's cheaper without RIS and then maybe buy some rails at a later date..

And I don't think I want that happening...

What gas do the shells use?

And do CA midcaps fit G&P M16s?

• Supporters

I would consider a 416 if it had a PEQ battery box instead of crane stock batteries - I hate them, ripped wires to shreds in my M4.

And decided against a launcher for now, don't see they're really worth the £150+ apart from looking pretty awesome and making a loud noise in urban night games.... :P

Also, what size Tamiya connectors do G&P M16s from Fire Support have? It says large battery (type 01) and I emailed them asking what size and got a simple reply telling me that it's Tamiya... mildly unhelpful.

• Supporters
I would consider a 416 if it had a PEQ battery box instead of crane stock batteries - I hate them, ripped wires to shreds in my M4.

Liam it can take a battery in the hand guard too, still probably not the gun for you sir but have a look at

• Supporters

I love 416s, but hate crane stocks.. and to get it front wired would mean taking the gearbox apart, something I refuse to do after having bad luck with them..

Anyway, I need to decide soon.. so what's the best M16 under £300 that has good durability and reliability. Why is the G&P one only ~£240, what are the stock internals in them like?

What are SRC HK416s (SR416s) like? They're £300 but I've not really looked into SRC guns at all, not heard good or bad about them.

Also, who makes the best Scar-L or H, whichever one takes M4/M16 magazines?

Thanks.

• Supporters

What are the gearboxes like in their M16s, I have a £140 G&P 8mm one from Wolf Armouries here, would it be worth swapping it out for the stock G&P one?

And what about if I raised my budget to £400 and included any gun that takes M4/M16 magazines and is not crane stock wired?

• Supporters

It doesn't take any brand mags though does it? I have 6 CA midcaps here to be used..

• Supporters

What G&P would you get for £400, and does it still have the same internals as their M16s? If so, I'd probably get the M16, no need wasting money on externals yet..

My step-dad reckons I should get a MagPul Masada for £400, how are their internals?

And I kinda like Scars, what's the best Scar-L under £400?

Sorry I'm dragging this thread out and asking a lot..

• Supporters

The Masada is great but I'm not keen on it. With the money, I'd get a standard g&p m14/m16, plain, simple and you can do what you want with it.

As for scars, a vfc but good luck finding one. Cybergun have banned them being produced

Archived