Lets talk slings

Flynn567
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just a simple two-point sling, one end on each end of the gun, then gun sits on my back. If I need to draw my piston then I crouch, draw pistol and put primary weapon on the floor at same time :)

• Supporters

Ha ha well theirs lots of ways she can but thats neither here nor their lol.

Erm i prefer a single point with a gun catch on my rig somewhere

• Supporters

Mine came with my gun, and the one for my sniper was from an old ruck sack.. both are strong and good quality.

Just my thoughts, as I've got various sorts. For a short CQB gun then a single point on a sling loop behind the receiver is probably the most comfortable. For a sniper, standard two point sling at butt and fore-end is best. Intermediate (i.e. M4, L85, Aug, etc) then either a single point or a three point would be best, especially (as with the issue SA80 sling) if you can unclip it and use it much as a single point to increase your speed of aim but re-attach if you need to push it on to your back when using a pistol, etc.

2 point battery sling for most of mine as I can then carry a large battery sling over my back rather than in the gun.

I have used single point slings, bungee slings (ebay for about £10) and 3 point slings as well as original 2 point ak slings. As far as I'm concerned as long as it does not cut into my neck I don't mind too much what I use.

I get mine from either ebay or ehobbyasia in HK http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ or ebairsoft in HK http://www.ebairsoft.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

Got a single point bungee sling which is cool. Paid way over the odds for it at the ground zero weekender from zero one

Now have (not skirmished yet) a single point sling with a pinch clip q/d that mounts onto my molle plate carrier. Very excited to use this one as the other kind of dug in to my neck. With this one the weapon hangs very neatly centrally in front of me.

Got this one off eBay for £13 posted. It's only sold by one seller in the UK. There is a similar sling available from the US but is mental money.

New sling is sold by ukkitmonster

Archived