Gun won't fire?

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After unscrewing the screw inside the pistol grip to see what was inside, my AEG will now not fire, what have I done?

Thanks in advance, oh and it makes a thud sound when you pull the trigger as if something is stuck!

• Supporters

What rifle do you use as i cant think of any that need a screw on the handle removed to clean a barrel or just to have a look at the motor unless you are missing the little washer thing or the mototr height is either too high or low

Right, I have a CA M15A4 and this was seperate occasions, firstly I unscrewed the big screw on the pistol grip, w/ a flat screwdriver, and had a look to see what was inside, and on a seperate occasions, I removed one of the body pins in order to take the top reciever off and then took the barrel out to clean it, when the batter is in and you go to shoot it just makes a thud sound as if it is hitting a BB inside the gun or like when the battery is dead, however when the battery is still inside the gun and you rotate the screw on the pisto grip it makes a continous sering sound until you remove your finger from the trigger, and if you rotate it the other way it just continous making the same thud sound!

Thanks in Advance, but should I just wait till Saturday and take it to the Maintanence guy on site?

Right, I'm not sure what it is called but lets say if it was the real gun it would be the bolt, or whatever pushes the bullet or BB out, this isn't even going back and forth it just makes the starnge sound???

I've not seen the newer CA stuff, but all aegs are the same here basically.

One of the screws on the bottom of your pistol grip will adjust the motor engagement depth. If you've moved this then you may well be shredding your bevel gear now (it'll make a blatant screechy/grindy noise).

By doing what you mentioned you can also mis-align the teeth so they lock mid-cycle (which might account for the thuddy noise if the piston is not propelling bb's). You need to open her up and 'release' the locked teeth.

Either way you should give her to someone that has set up gears before and knows what to look for so you don't wreck it any further.

The ideal engagement depth for the motor is at the point where it makes as little noise as possible, as this is where the gears are seated properly and minimal friction(too far)/minimal grinding (too loose) is occurring.

if the nozzle isn't going forward it means you have no drive it proberly a motor issue

I think it is more likely what Black said, because it does sound as if there are cogs inside that are bashing into each other when they are trying to turn, I'll just wait for the tech guy to have a look at it for me!

I think it is more likely what Black said, because it does sound as if there are cogs inside that are bashing into each other when they are trying to turn, I'll just wait for the tech guy to have a look at it for me!

Just a word of advice for the future. If you need to look at or change a motor on an M4/M16 variant, undo the two small screws under the pistol grip, rather than the big adjuster, as that way the base plate will drop out and you can see or remove the motor, after disconnecting the wires. And don't lose the small metal disc that sits in the base plate, as that's the bit that stops the adjuster screw from contacting the spindle of the motor and really mucking things up.

It does sound as if you have either wound in the big screw too far, thereby jambing the drive cog into the gears, or have it too loose, in which case it will spin but not drive the gearbox. From you description, my guess would be "too tight" as I've made my M4 make that sort of sound when adjusting the motor for the best fit. Hopefully nothing has broken, otherwise it could be expensive.

I checked before I took it out, how far in it was screwed in and it was pretty much flush with it, then when I put it back in I think I returned it to the right depth, if that makes any sense, It was quite hard to explain, but thanks for your help again!

I would but I have dropped it off at my local site, a new spring needed putting in as well so it has been left with him and I explained the problem, he is going to ring me once it has been fixed and then I just need to go and pick it up.

Archived