Some advice needed please ....

Blue_SteeleNI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

As i'm still fairly new to airsoft I was wondering if yous could help me out with some advice?

I've got a budget of £300 maximum. And I want my 1st gun to be full metal and brand new! Basically i've narrowed my choices down to these 2;

(1) G&G PM5 A5 - GG-EGP-PM5-A5-lg.jpg

(2) ICS SG 552 - 552b.jpg

So anyway I guess what I want to know is out of these 2, which would yous choose and why?

As for the manufactures, I know ICS is pretty "Top Drawer" but don't know anything about G&G for quality, reliability, etc. So are G&G AEGs any good?

Cheers in advance to whoever replys!

• Supporters

I would say get the MP5 as it is a decent make not the best but in my opinion prettymuch better than ICS as you can still buy things other than an ICS brand to fix it and im pretty sure G&G is an offspring of G&P and to me their the best at AEG'S.

• Supporters

Really i thought i read in one of your posts something about them being one and the same a bit like KSC and KWA? But it could have been someone else then i geuss.

• Supporters

If its just a pick bettwen the PM5 A5 and SG 552 its no contest the PM5

The MP5 is a classic gun so getting parts, accessories and mags new or second hand will be simple. Its also not too common a model which will help it stand out and I think it looks bad *** for a MP5

If its just a pick bettwen the PM5 A5 and SG 552 its no contest the PM5

The MP5 is a classic gun so getting parts, accessories and mags new or second hand will be simple. Its also not too common a model which will help it stand out and I think it looks bad *** for a MP5

Well this was one of the reasons that I liked this type of MP5, as it is a unique model. But on the other hand, I like the originality of the 552, as I haven't seen or heard of too many people using it.

Anyway, my main concern is what type of quality are G&G guns? As this is the only manufacturer (that i know of) that does this model of MP5.

Also can anyone give me their recommendations of good quality manufacturers? Apart from the obvious few, TM, G&P and Classic Army ....

Cheers

I have a G & G M4 Blowback and have had no issues with it plus all the aftermarket accessories I've bought fit no problem.

I have a TM sig 552. and also TM mp5. i know its different makes but i prefer to use my sig most of the time. ics sig ,s are murder to get stuff for .

Not used either myself, but after-market spares should be a serious consideration if you will be playing with (and wearing out/breaking) your guns regularly.

I'd go with whatever one you can get the worky bits for most easily, as without them you've just got a cool looking model. B)

A point of note, i've only owned a couple of ICS's and despite being 'nicely' built, both of them have been a right pain when it comes to reliability.

Yeah cheers for the replys guys. I think im gonna go with the G&G MP5 A5 with retractable stock instead of the folding stock, like this ...

EGP-PM5-A5RTB.jpg

Looks very similar to my modded TM Mp5 B) well it does when I take the PEQ and Silencer off and add the PDW QD Flash hider. :lol:

100_3920.jpg

Archived