two tone paint job

ostrich160
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys, I'm finally going to my first game soon, I am going to the embassy in leicester (first and only airsoft) and although its pretty expensive, it looks amazing. Anyway, so I'm gonna buy my equipment because i can get in much cheaper if I do, so anyway I have a question, I have been looking at this airsoft kit that looks amazing-

http://www.hobbytron.com/VBM14SpringGunSni...ackageDeal.html

so it looks great yeh (if not tell me, i need as much advice as i can get) but i came across a problem, I am 14, I do not have a UKARA membership, this is a uk gun and so is not two toned. Do you know any (as cheap as possible) services I can send it to to get it two toned, or will the website do it for me? or, is there any way i can get UKARA membership at this age. If you think there would be a better bundle or gun to get, please recommend it, but please keep in mind £40 is my budget, and if its just a gun then £30 (£10 for a mask), and although this would be my starter kit, i do want a good gun, electric would be by far the best. If possible, i would much rather a rifle instead of a shotgun or whatever, assault rifles being my favourite.

Thanks guys, sorry for the wall of text

Tom

hi guys, I'm finally going to my first game soon, I am going to the embassy in leicester (first and only airsoft) and although its pretty expensive, it looks amazing. Anyway, so I'm gonna buy my equipment because i can get in much cheaper if I do, so anyway I have a question, I have been looking at this airsoft kit that looks amazing-

http://www.hobbytron.com/VBM14SpringGunSni...ackageDeal.html

so it looks great yeh (if not tell me, i need as much advice as i can get) but i came across a problem, I am 14, I do not have a UKARA membership, this is a uk gun and so is not two toned. Do you know any (as cheap as possible) services I can send it to to get it two toned, or will the website do it for me? or, is there any way i can get UKARA membership at this age. If you think there would be a better bundle or gun to get, please recommend it, but please keep in mind £40 is my budget, and if its just a gun then £30 (£10 for a mask), and although this would be my starter kit, i do want a good gun, electric would be by far the best. If possible, i would much rather a rifle instead of a shotgun or whatever, assault rifles being my favourite.

Thanks guys, sorry for the wall of text

Well your main problem is your 14 . As im led to believe you have to be 18 to get any airsoft gun, Two tone or whatever.! plus that guns out of stock . And in the US OF A

okay, yes you do have to been 18 to have UKARA and to buy a bb gun however, if it is two tone then a parent can buy it and give it to you and that is legal.

most underage people just have two tone, but either green or clear, DO NOT get orange

now onto the gun, tbh it is fairly bad. If you are going spring sniper you need at least 450fps to play the long range game.

to get a decent gun you're looking at a minimum of £100 and thats probs second hand aswell

also as its your first go for an AEG (automatic electric gun) as they are resonably simple. and you'll be wanting them to shoot around 300-350 fps

hope this helps

Nick

• Supporters

1. Don't snipe in CQB, it doesn't work

2. That gun would break the second it came in contact with the guys heads in the video.

3. Bolt actions don't work for CQB

4. Get an AEG, spend £200 new including battery or about £150 second hand.

The going rate for a days walk on fee plus hire is roughly £40-£50, the embassy isn't all that expensive.

• Supporters

Im going to skip over the fact that it's illegal for you to buy a gun (your dad meant to do it, then gift it to you) and assume you already have the gun, now releasing the law and you want to paint your gun to compile with the laws

If you look on airsoftworld or other two tone shops you will see what colors it needs to be, take the gun apart and spray the body of the gun your self or ask a m8 do it, some airsoft shops sell the two-tone paint

Know the laws UKARA Know the game rules for your site, play safe and have fun

If you dont have the gun yet save up because Nickona and Dave are right

Thanks guys, I've read all your responses, yes it is illegal for me to buy a gun but obviously I don't have a credit card so technically my dads buying it for me, I'm probably gonna go buy a go off justbbguns, my friend says their good, and go for their halloween offer, (these are 2 tone btw) which is £40 for their best gun! looks good... any recommendations for 2 tone starter kits?

I know your are keen mate but TBH you aren't going to get much for £40 except problems and disappointment :-(

I would rent for a while until you've saved up and get Parents to buy you something half decent for Chrimbo maybe a nice G & G M4 in Clear etc??

If you waste Money on some cheap ass pile of shizzle now it will be worth FA when you upgrade IF it's still working :lol:

I'm probably gonna go buy a go off justbbguns,

NEVER NEVER NEVER buy from just bb guns!

JustBBGuns are crap.

Any airsoft shop that says that the Jing Peng Famas is "The best gun I've ever handled, and one of the best on the market", is definately one to avoid.

If you're playing CQB, get a cheap Double Eagle Tri Shot shotgun. Theyre cheap, they shoot 3 at a time, theyre easily available in two tone, theyre reliable unlike most guns in their price range, and most veteran airsofters use them!

• Supporters

No commit murder if you are going to buy from them and when your caught says its because they sold you something an ape wouldn't wipe his A*se with.

• Supporters

If its your 1st game I take it your going with friends can someone not loan you a gun for the day so you can get a feel for the game and then decide what you need to buy

The truth is we are all right your right because your only 14, you have not played airsoft before and you dont Know if you will still be playing in 6 mounths time, A full kit is a lot of money, on the other hand we are right that if you are going to play you do need a half way good gun your you will be getting shot a lot and you will not have fun

I say get a loan or rent a gun for your 1st day

Hey, Just wondering if you had to were aloud to tape over a two tone gun and it still be legal? :)

most sites will allow you to do this as a temp thing while playing but would need to be removed before leaving. best check with your local site though as everyone can have different rules

on your first day do what we all did and rent or loan a gun to see if you like it. there's no point buying a sh*t loadout and then getting annoyed it sh*t better to take your time and see whats best

• Supporters
or throwing bb's

I have see that, my m8 Jim and another guy where in a kill house, all the rest of the team where dead, the attaking team had respond but could not get them, beening out of pyros someone throw in a bag of BBs and yelled "BB grenade" 2 secends later all they hear is Jim "thanks for that we were almost out of ammo" lol at the FOOLS

Hey, Just wondering if you had to were aloud to tape over a two tone gun and it still be legal? :)

Quote from the UKARA "If they wish to play without compromising their camouflage we would suggest that they use Camo tape to wrap the painted part before they play removing when they have finished."... But I would still ask

on your first day do what we all did and rent or loan a gun to see if you like it.

Thats what I said :P

Archived