Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7629 posts in this topic

How much was that? I assume it came with the sprayed looked?

Emerson PJ fast helmet :wub:

emerson_fast_helmet_mh_type_navy_seals_s

Think it worked out around £45 all in, and it is sprayed like that. There are cheaper versions but I went for this one with the better chin straps

SgtTalbert likes this

Where did you get it from Mack? I'll be getting one soon and wouldn't mind paying a few extra quid for better chin straps, the ones on my emerson MICH used to rub my face raw lol.

JG V-61 ;)

annother SHS piston

Piston for the Skorpion? Where from if so?

Just bought another CREE XML T6 Zoom 1600lm Torch - this time for $9.51 / fingers crossed this'un works longer than 2hrs!

A book on soviet uniforms in 1985 - £3 (which is a steal for it)

1300mAh 11.1V LiPo and 800mAh 7.4V LiPo from Hobby King - £14.57 posted woohoo!

Fast Helmet

OD Cover for said helmet

Lower Face Guard

2 x small Lipo for Cyma Glock 18c conversion

^^Yeah, the 800mAh LiPo I just bought is to convert my Vz61 Skorpion which is basically the same gearbox as the CYMA Glock - great minds ;)

Just scored a 1.9x1.5m remnant of KGB blue felt baize so I'll be able to convert easier to obtain Soviet uniform pieces into the much harder/nigh on impossible to get KGB Special Forces uniform.

2 pairs of 5.11 trousers 2 rigger belts, Some camtech cam cream as the issue stuff is rubbish and gives me zits( which at 42 is not a good look).

But to top this I have just been given a pair of brand new ECW boots :-)

Took back my Laylax 150 spring and picked up a new large speed loader.

^^Yeah, the 800mAh LiPo I just bought is to convert my Vz61 Skorpion which is basically the same gearbox as the CYMA Glock - great minds ;)

Just scored a 1.9x1.5m remnant of KGB blue felt baize so I'll be able to convert easier to obtain Soviet uniform pieces into the much harder/nigh on impossible to get KGB Special Forces uniform.

I would love to get some sort of russian special forces uniform, but everything is so damn expensive or hard to get. DPM will do me for now!

I would love to get some sort of russian special forces uniform, but everything is so damn expensive or hard to get. DPM will do me for now!

These guys usually have a decent stock: http://www.rusmilitary.com/index.htm

Yeah, it is. The stuff I'm talking about here is the late 70's - early 80's khaki uniforms - the officers' trousers all had a stripe of piping down the outside leg seam in different colours depending on branch of service: raspberry red = army / pale blue = air force & VDV / black = marines & tank forces / green = border guards, and you can find them on fleabay fairly often, but the 'dark' blue of KGB special units almost never comes up, but even when it does, the most common sizes are what we would class as civilian small/medium - medium. Trying to find almost any Russian uniform in 54-5 (38" waist, 44" chest, 5'10"-6' height) is a struggle, unless it's only been around for a few years, in which case you'll be buying bits you don't need, namely a sleeve and a trouser leg...!

But this cloth should do the job nicely and also be correct for collar tabs, enlisted men's shoulder boards, and visor cap bands (although it's a bit late for that for me b/c i bought a Bulgarian KGB visor cap a while ago which I can swap insignia with a Russian VDV one somebody sold me mistakenly, because i couldn't tell what shade of blue on my laptop grrrrrrrrrr, but these are the lengths you have to go to unless you're prepared to pay £4-500 for semi-complete uniforms). It takes patience and a fair bit of ebay-ninja-ing ;);D:lol:

Anyhoo, I got bored waiting for a Y-Strap harness to crop up again, I mean shit, there used to be loads of 'em and going for about a tenner, so I bought one from Soviet-Power.com $14.95 + $15 shipping & handling fee so the best part of £20 - ho hum...

beltsshoulders.jpg

These guys usually have a decent stock: http://www.rusmilitary.com/index.htm

hmmmmm... mostly OOS IME

although they do get some interesting bits in that you don't tend to see elsewhere

hmmmmm... mostly OOS IME

although they do get some interesting bits in that you don't tend to see elsewhere

Fair point, on closer inspection they're not as well stocked as they used to be. There was another site I used to trawl but I think it shut down. I'll look.

Fun fact-The Ruskies use a copy of DPM,mainly the OMON and some other Special forces units. It's getting rarer though.

same battery you mean ;)

No mate, I meant same gearbox, but yeah it's the same shitty battery too :( the ROF suits me fine, it's the initial trigger response - at CQB the other week I popped out of a doorway 1/2 into a corridor to shoot at 2 people who were in opposite side doorways down the end... hail of pistol and AEG fire before my Skorpion had fired it's first shot (and that was all semi-auto too).

I'm really hoping that converting to a LiPo, Deans, and a Pico MOSFET sorts it out because the only info I have on other upgrades is the SHS replacement gears and someone on youtube who mentioned that the motor is a '370' which can be replaced with any of the same size RC motor... great! Er, no... I can't find any decent info on what '370' means or what choices there are from manufacturers... we need an emoticon which is somewhere between sad and crying - bummer.

My cyma glocks gearbox is in the grip though, or do you mean it's the same style??

As for the motor 370 is the size, have a look on eBay at item number 251321130110 ;)

Recieved my scorpions drum mag today . . . It's soo cute lol

Ian_Gere likes this

^^Where does the battery go?

Thanks for the motor heads up :) Do you know how that motor compares to the JG one, or the TM it's a clone of?