The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Bit of unsolicited advice, UTJ - get it shimmed and working without the sorbo pad/s 1st. You might get a problem with the sector gear engaging the piston teeth with the pad/s in and, if you do, at least you'll know what the problem is.

Just brought an SRC SR4-D lighting series, £59.99 delivered. Will be changing body,butter barrel, handgaurd

Bit of unsolicited advice, UTJ - get it shimmed and working without the sorbo pad/s 1st. You might get a problem with the sector gear engaging the piston teeth with the pad/s in and, if you do, at least you'll know what the problem is.

Thanks,will keep that in mind. I'm more or less replacing all of the parts,Out of curiosity I've opened up the Motor and it's hilariously badly made.Gonna shell out on an SHS motor for it.

Also convinced my friend to let me sell it once I fix it since the spoiled fucker is getting a Classic army AKM for his birthday.

Can anyone get a rough idea of what I can sell it for?

CYMA CM031

Lightly scratched externals,but more or less mint

CYMA Gearbox shell

Shimmed,AOE'd,greased,Sorbo pads.

SHS 13:1 Gearset

ASG Ultimate tappet plate

SHS Motor(soon)

SHS piston

ASG Ulitmate m90 spring(soon)

ASG Ultimate spring guide(soon)

ASG Ultimate cylinder head(soon)

Rest is stock CYMA stuff.

I might even stick a decent barrel in it,but I doubt I'll have the moneys.

• Supporters

@UTJ: that generation of CYMA AKMs have a 6.04mm inner barrel as standard. You can occasionally find new ones of that generation still, like on gunfire.pl and some greek site i saw a while back - they're 'kin cheap for what they are, like 90-120.

TBH I don't think you'll get your money back from your shopping list. Better to have some fun with it; mate, but maybe your mate will buy it back if you make it really good...

Thanks for the info,I'm not really concerned about getting my money back,I'm glad I got something for tech work practice.

On the other,hand,I re-assembled the motor and gearbox,added the sorbo pads and stuff and it's shooting! The motor sucks though,probably because I took it apart,but with an SHS motor it'll shoot well,I hope.

Apart from the horrible motor sound,the gears can't be heard.Proud since this is my third foray into the world of gearboxes and my second time shimming.Air seal is not existent,but the ASG parts will fix that.

With the part's I've listed I would have invested 120€,less if I buy used parts from my site.maybe I'll be able to sell it for about 160-180.Doubt it,though.CYMAs aren't very popular with people here.

• Supporters

So Finius, what made you choose one of the ones with the ugly stock?

8'x10' camo tarp, button compass, emergency whistle, tent pegs, bungee with caribiners, Gerber Bear Grylls compact multi tool, glow sticks, emergency shelter.

Sourced from Ebay, Amazon and pound shops! :D

Yeah I know, all pretty off topic stuff but it's for my zombie/airsoft bug out bag :D

• Supporters

It's a thing of beauty I'll have you know!

If you replace that M4 stock with a proper, solid stock, then yes it is.

Actually Liam thats not an M4 stock but the specific LMG sliding stock. I have seen a few pics of USSF putting the older style CAR-15 stocks on their MK46s.

and Finius whats your opinion on the G&P M249s? They just seem horribly expensive!

• Supporters

Actually Liam thats not an M4 stock but the specific LMG sliding stock. I have seen a few pics of USSF putting the older style CAR-15 stocks on their MK46s.

I know, but it looks out of proportion and like it should belong on an M4, not on a support weapon.

• Supporters

I haven't got it in my hands yet, but based off handling them before, I like them.

They're gorgeous, they shoot well and they're very faithful replicas of the real deal.

My only two hangups?

Proprietary magazines, so it's box-only, no cloth-sack type, and no STANAG compatability. That said, their feed system is designed to give better feed consistency through and through, so hopefully it's a good payoff being their ridiculous RPS on 8.4v...

That and they run V2 gearboxes which means TONS of upgrade potential.

I do like the feed system of the CA and A&K, I've sometimes jamed a M4 mid cap into my M249 when needs be..

And as for the stock..

Front left has the CAR-15 style stock and back right a crane stock

seals-fire-team-hr.jpg

• Supporters

Front left has the CAR-15 style stock and back right a crane stock

And they look just as ridiculous, the first one even more so. A support weapon only looks nice if it has a solid stock.

I agree just point out what some operators do.. Im thinking of getting the older Mk.1 wire stock for my M249 as I have the para one but don't find the collapsyness (thats a word!) that useful and I think a lighter stock might help and prefer the look of the Mk.1

• Supporters

I think the para stock is the cooliest ^_^

I freakin' hate people who have it collapsed whilst they use it though... Especially if those people drop the bipod and use it with the stock in...

They're cool but I only ever have it out even when running.. hence why I want the fixed one

• Supporters

Thanks for the info,I'm not really concerned about getting my money back,I'm glad I got something for tech work practice.

Yeah, I've learned most of what I know on a CYMA AK.

On the other,hand,I re-assembled the motor and gearbox,added the sorbo pads and stuff and it's shooting! The motor sucks though,probably because I took it apart,but with an SHS motor it'll shoot well,I hope.

Apart from the horrible motor sound,the gears can't be heard.Proud since this is my third foray into the world of gearboxes and my second time shimming.Air seal is not existent,but the ASG parts will fix that.

Nice one for getting it going! A problem I've had was when I replaced the hop chamber with a Lonex metal one and matching rubber - air seal went to sh!t

With the part's I've listed I would have invested 120€,less if I buy used parts from my site.maybe I'll be able to sell it for about 160-180.Doubt it,though.CYMAs aren't very popular with people here.

For some reason when I replied with my phone earlier it ignored that I put a "€" before 90-120 and added an "M" instead of a inverted comma after AK - lol that generation of CYMA AK's are all designated as AK47's not AKM's. But yeah, some people just will not accept the demonstrable fact that CYMA AK's are better than the Tokyo Marui design they were originally cloned from. A lot of it is sure to be simply prejudice, but I have to say that I'm not a fan of the plastic receiver - still the TM one has that too! But shooting-wise, the only guns I've seen better are 400+FPS DMR's and really expensive custom jobs...

• Supporters

Strichtarn combats and gas mask carry bag (for use as a dump pouch) ~ £11 delivered from Fleabay

&... duh, duh, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

A 'kin KGB dress uniform peaked cap!!! In my size, great condition, proper kit not repro ~ £18.50 delivered lol! Again, Fleabay :)

External quality and performance(out of the box) wise,the Marui is better than the CYMA,but you get much better bang for your buck with the CYMA and its much nicer to work on.If its tuned well it can shoot just as well,if not better than a marui.

If CYMAs were not made in China,they'd be some of the best out of the box guns available.

• Supporters

Performance wise, out of the box, my CYMA CM.028u beat the arse off any stock TM gun. It was only after I'd really dicked around with it that the problems started! But she will return...

• Supporters

What do you expect? All their aeg's bar the recoil shocks and high cycles are over 5 years old now... Event he m14 (one of their last standard aeg's) was released in something like 2005.

The original ar-15's and g36's are now over ten years old.

Airsoft's technology is moving faster than ever these days, and if you can't keep up you lose out, so I can only assume that TM don't plan on selling many of the old versions these days- otherwise they'd do something about it.