Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7611 posts in this topic

An MK46 ordered Monday arrived today wahoo. Also on a happy note my noveke ris came today as well,

Picked up a pair of issue DDPM shorts ready for the summer.

Not me... As ever i'll be bucking the trend and when shorts become de rigeur, I plan to be wearing some kind of Ali Baba stylee muslin kecks :)

Get with it, got my pair in January :D

Really want to get hold of some MTP ones!

I may well do that to my 95 cut ones once i have got some PCS combats.

5 x PVC patches from UKMCPRO (love the designs they stock)

2 x LM4 STANAGs

HSS 1.25" x 18 TPI Die nut

Set of chrome vanadium steel parallel pin punches

Midwest Gen 2 SS-Series AR Forend, Black, 12" of fun

Kaneweeks likes this

5 x PVC patches from UKMCPRO (love the designs they stock)

2 x LM4 STANAGs

HSS 1.25" x 18 TPI Die nut

Set of chrome vanadium steel parallel pin punches

Midwest Gen 2 SS-Series AR Forend, Black, 12" of fun

Love your reviews mate.

latest purchase systema PTW

sopmod block 2 set up

7 standard ptw mags

6 tackleberry pmags

a garmin foretrex 101

post-3203-0-01683300-1363291074_thumb.jpg

TPI and Kaneweeks like this

latest purchase systema PTW

sopmod block 2 set up

7 standard ptw mags

6 tackleberry pmags

a garmin foretrex 101

Good lard, man! How much did that set you back?

TPI likes this

£1000 for everything in the picture + garmin and a few other bits

TPI and Ian_Gere like this

£1000 for everything in the picture + garmin and a few other bits

Not bad for all that then. Hmmm... I was expecting some truly eye watering amount lol!

masadanator likes this

You Sell Spectre Optic?

I do actually now have a 2 spectres so potentially will sell one at the right price

Got myself a pretty decent DDPM load out now, I already had the ex-issue DDPM combats and shirt (with RM flashes).

To add to that I got..

2512420381364040_1.jpg

Ex-Issue G1 DDPM Osprey MOLLE Assault Vest with 13 pouches for £26

3802353701744040_2.jpg

Ex-Issue DDPM G1 Knee Pads for £6

1808954741354040_2.jpg

Black Mesh Goggles NEW for £4.12

$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcSrHBQBrrHOSzQ~~60_12.J

Combat Gloves NEW (In Tan, not Black) for £20

.. and I intend to buy to complete the DDPM/DPM load-out..

2009018051654040_1.jpg

G1 Kevlar MK6 Helmet with DDPM cover £28

I'm also looking at to complete my Dutch DPM load out (I have the trousers, shirt, jacket and parka)

2710674534424040_1.jpg

(£26)

And some kind of DPM cover for the helmet.

Haven't started much on the Flecktarn, but I guess I'll just need a helmet cover, and I can use the DPM Molle with it for now.

Phew!

For a vest I'd suggest just a plan olive drab so you can use it with all your loadout. my OD RAV goes with my A-TACS AU, A-TACS FG, DPM, DCU and my plain colour loadouts as well

TPI likes this

-Snow Wolf harris bipod

-Flecktarn camouflage netting (gonna cut it up and wrap it around the barrel)

-Viper sling (Desperately needed it since the last one kept disconnecting mid-skirmish)

-11.1v 2600 mAH battery and charger for my friend's new rifle

Set for next Sunday's skirmish now. :)

Since my L85 unfortunately died today, sort of... The pinion gear ground itself smooth whilst the gears have no wear on them whatsoever... (so that's Systema parts 0 - ICS stock parts 1)

It also decided that it'd fire full auto on single shot, despite my best efforts to stop it. Not a lot I can really do about it either, so I'm hoping a new cut off lever will fix it, if it doesn't I'll try a new trigger box and if that doesn't work I'm going to have to get the hammers and files out or something. All sounds mad, but if you know how the fire selector, gearbox and trigger interact on an ICS L85 then I can assure you I know what I'm doing lol.

But yeah, despite the gears being fine and ICS parts seemingly being better than Systema ones, I've decided to fully upgrade the gearbox with Systema parts.

From Fire-Support:

1 X Systema PINION GEAR for Turbo and Magnum Motors - Replacing mine that died today. Think it's because it didn't quite mesh with the stock gears, so to avoid it happening again, it actually makes sense to get Systema gears to go with it.

1 X Systema Flat Gear Set I ( Torque up) for Gearbox V - I hope these are compatible. They look the same as the stock gears and aren't all V2 and 3 gears essentially the same, bar build material/quality?

1 X ICS L85/L86 spring set - Last weeks night game saw a lot of rain and the rust on my gun is clearly visible both inside and out. Makes it look awesomely weathered, truth be told, but I don't want my tappet spring to bust, or the cut off one either.

1 X ICS L85 Cut off lever - Hopefully this'll solve the 'firing in auto when on semi' issue. Fingers crossed.

1 X Prometheus Shim Set - Just because.

1 X Systema Cylinder Head v2 Gearbox - Again I hope this is compatible

1 X Systema Air Nozzle for M16A2 and M4A1 - And I hope this is compatible too...

But I guess the worst outcome is that I'll have to send some stuff back and try the V3/AK parts for compatibility and if that doesn't work the parts must be proprietary.

Either way, if it all fits, I ought to have a gearbox good for a heavier spring. So when I do get the L86 I would've bought today had it not been terrible when I tested it - as well as me needing the money to revive my baby - I'll have a noice high fps gearbox rigged up and ready for it.

Two new AEG springs an m105 and m110

Since my L85 unfortunately died today, sort of... The pinion gear ground itself smooth whilst the gears have no wear on them whatsoever... (so that's Systema parts 0 - ICS stock parts 1)

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say there was an ICS Turbo 3000 motor involved...? I've got one of those league tables too: Systema Parts 0* - CYMA stock parts 1, Cyma stock parts 0 - Prometheus Parts 1 (sector gears)

* Plus a red card for obstinate failure to follow the rules - no, apparently Systema V2/V3 gears are not the same as everyone else's - the bevel gear is slightly too wide.

1 X ICS L85/L86 spring set - Last weeks night game saw a lot of rain and the rust on my gun is clearly visible both inside and out. Makes it look awesomely weathered, truth be told, but I don't want my tappet spring to bust, or the cut off one either.

1 X ICS L85 Cut off lever - Hopefully this'll solve the 'firing in auto when on semi' issue. Fingers crossed.

Have you considered that a good dollop of grease may have been the solution to both these issues? I know that airsoft aficionados recommend cleaning the excess grease out of gearboxes, but, as a matter of principle, all things being equal, more grease = less friction and less corrosion.

Where did you get the 105 spring from, Dazzer?

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say there was an ICS Turbo 3000 motor involved...? I've got one of those league tables too: Systema Parts 0* - CYMA stock parts 1, Cyma stock parts 0 - Prometheus Parts 1 (sector gears)

Nope, Systema Magnum high torque motor's pinion gear sanded itself down to the point where it no longer worked.

ICS stock gears have barely a mark on them. But the gearbox is now full of what looks like iron filings because the angle the gears engaged at was never quite right, so that's why I've bought the gear set too, aside from that I'd like to upgrade to high torque gears anyway.

* Plus a red card for obstinate failure to follow the rules - no, apparently Systema V2/V3 gears are not the same as everyone else's - the bevel gear is slightly too wide.

Have you considered that a good dollop of grease may have been the solution to both these issues? I know that airsoft aficionados recommend cleaning the excess grease out of gearboxes, but, as a matter of principle, all things being equal, more grease = less friction and less corrosion.

That doesn't sound very promising, do you reckon the bevel won't fit then? I hope it does... Though as someone pointed out on Facebook just now, I don't have an allen key small enough to replace the pinion gear, or locktite the new one on...

As for more grease, I forget how the parts interact in a V2/3 gearbox, but in the ICS L85 'box no amount of grease is going to make the slightest bit of difference to how the cut off lever or anything work. I'll have to show you next time we get to a skirmish together, if that ever happens again haha.

a DPM helmet cover for my M88 helmet.

A pink KSC Glock 34 for a tenner. aha.

Ian_Gere likes this

Ah, well yeah, you'll have to show me. I've got a tiddler of an allen key you can have, but as you say, if ever we skirmish 2gez again lol - the 30th in Chesterfield is pretty much a definite for me tho - i'm using my various medical supports all the time that i should to try to make sure I'm definitely fit lol! Still, you can hardly wait that long...