Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7629 posts in this topic

I've never known someone go into that much detail for a loadout as to buying a watch

Welcome to milsim/filmsim/roleplay/reenactment airsoft :D

Although to be fair I've often bought stuff for the sake of it :D

Ian_Gere likes this

I've never known someone go into that much detail for a loadout as to buying a watch

Well, I'm a bit of a watch-o-phile. Not for the expensive makes though - for eg I once had a fake Rolex with a second hand so smooth that you needed a magnifying glass to tell it from a real one. I could have afforded a real one at the time, but it tickles me that somebody would have to pay more to get their Rolex cleaned than I did to buy something which to all intents and purposes was equally as good, or that for a fiver delivered you can get a watch from Hong Kong with exactly the same quartz movement as in £150 high street "designer*" label watches.

Or indeed this - the hugely successful 2612 movement. Can you imagine what you would have to pay for the same excellent functionality made in Switzerland? LOL!

Having said that, I'm also a lighter-o-phile, so I expect I'll want one to match sooner or later... and there's a few bits of memorabilia that would go nicely alongside my real steel AK cleaning kit... such as genuine KGB ID :)

* major LOL!

Zak Da Mack likes this

Welcome to milsim/filmsim/roleplay/reenactment airsoft :D

Although to be fair I've often bought stuff for the sake of it :D

Gordon Bennet, yeah! When I bought my S10 respirator it came with a couple of bits of NBC warfare kit - so I had to get the rest of it, including the field manual "Survive To Fight". Why? Well, I spose I'll last 10mins longer than most of the genpop if we ever get nerve gassed :) I've got a working radiation detector and reader on my radar still - I've got one of the watch type, but that needs a big machine to be read - the pencil type is affordable and easily portable...

I'm planning on a Battlestar Galactica OD BDU loadout too... it's Katee Sackhoff, even though she is blonde, I love her kickass alter ego :wub:

Actually I wanted to get this watch too:

$T2eC16d,!)EE9s2uiPj!BRKj2S!0rQ~~60_12.J

but it's at £47.02 + £3.99 P&P already with 16hrs left to go :(

Just ordered a sorbo pad kit for V2/V3 gearboxes - £12.40 inc P&P from Midas Airsoft

- having not got around to putting my LPE airbrake piston head in Sabine, my AK, and with a fat suppressor on Jetta, my G36, I decided to go the whole hog...

Does that torch have various modes, Juni0r?

Yes it has 5! 3 brightness settings, strobe and SOS.

Also now sold my PEQ15 to get a M900 for my SCAR!

Yes it has 5! 3 brightness settings, strobe and SOS.

Ah, the same as the ACM C8 knockoff i have then, but prettier. Does yours work the modes in sequence, so you have no option but to cycle through them for the one you want?

KWA GBB G17 with spare mag.

Cheap and cheerful Ultrafire Clone form HK. Incredible brightness for a £15 (inc shipping) torch!

Cheap and cheerful Ultrafire Clone form HK. Incredible brightness for a £15 (inc shipping) torch!

Maybe consider this & this. I have them and it's all fine. The torch comes with a battery, but that charger seller also does a charger + 2 4000mAh 18650's for £5.95 inc P&P.

- From Finius' shotgun thread.

That one?

Ah, the same as the ACM C8 knockoff i have then, but prettier. Does yours work the modes in sequence, so you have no option but to cycle through them for the one you want?

Nope it has memory and will work with the last mode used. No need to cycle through the modes. Should arrive tomorrow!

Picking up my new M900 this evening!

Ah now that's a function I would have cheerfully shelled out the extra for, had I known beforehand I'd be without it.

Posty just arrived with a British Army Flack Vest in DPM for me, with the kevlar but only one ceramic plate - which is for sale if anyone wants it cos i already have two.

Gonna be the only one running in the revolver AIPSC class :D

Dan Wesson 6" Silver

Holster

3 Speedloaders + Shells

Clear Safety Glasses

M4 sling mount plate

Gas and silicon

I've just purchased a nice Dutch DPM Grade 1 Parka/Field Jacket, a Dutch long-sleeved Grade 1 DPM lightweight shirt and a British Grade 1 DDPM shirt (with RM insignia included) for under £29.50. Result!

- From Finius' shotgun thread.

That one?

No, this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280711612013?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ian_Gere likes this

That's cute! Mouse ears, man. Little fake fur mouse ears!

Simon Rees likes this

WAS Drop Leg Dump Pouch

WAS Frag Pouch

WAS Duty Belt

5x Beta Project E-Mags

Loadout Master Goggles (they come with a clear lens or a mesh lens)

3x Magnifier for my Eotech

Not a bad way to use my HEI Bursary!

Oakley SI Assault gloves. Worth. Every. Penny.

And a fancy new daysack in "Arid Woodland" (Multicam).

So the bloke I was buying an LCT AKM, GP30, CO2 Charger, & Moscart from pulled out - grrrrrrr! Can't blame him much though; his reason is that he's decided to get back into airsoft :)

I bought a 247mm x 6.02mm TBB for my Krinkov ~ £23.01 inc P&P fleabay

Just ordered my favourite pistol, A Tokyo Marui PX4 :) I need to earn a bit more cash before I can buy a spare mag and serpa holster though :( Anybody got one for sale? I might make a post in the classifieds section, but I might put a torch on it... hmmm. Pics when it arrives either tomorrow or monday :)

A upper receiver rail for my sig 552, a sliding stock for my G&G gbbr M4

A few bits to finish off the PMC loadout..

I just thouhgt i'd chime in because my recent purchase fills me with child like glee;

I just bought a G&G M14 HBA-L, a scope, a bipod and a couple of spare mags.

Roll on Sunday where i'll be able to see if it really does live up to its name.

Soviet canvas belt with original star buckle & black stripy telnyashka top - £28.13 delivered from Army and Outdoors on Amazon

- Black is the soviet marines colour. To be faithful to my VDV camo I should have bought a sky blue telnyashka, but I'll get more wear out of black and I have a cunning plan for the loadout anyway :)

Here is my VERY late xmas present (to myself). The beautiful Tokyo Marui PX4 Custom. My god this is such a fun side-arm! I know this is obvious but in terms of handling, looks and being awesome; this blows my WE1911 out of the water! I will do a review tomorrow or something.

20130312214624.jpg
20130312214614.jpg
If anyone is getting rid of a PX4 serpa I'll gladly take it off your hands :)
Kaneweeks likes this