Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7845 posts in this topic

Maybe weave some paracord to the osprey and then weave the pouches to to the paracord?

Ed you're looking for this bit, in MTP of course ;)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJ,!m!FBR0RrQ,PBQW5lQv5TQ~~60_35.JPG

And all the odds and sods to fasten it to the osprey base

Yes, yes I am. What are they called?

Osprey front flap :P I've no idea although I'm sure if seen them on eBay on there own

*Edit*

Item no. 261147820218

looks like a molle bib :P

I think it's called an Osprey ops panel.

But I still can't find one for sale anywhere. <_<

I'm thinking of the one i posted a link to in the supporter's Forum where it had the Zip in the Lower Part only but i'm pretty sure that's the Latest issue?

Not a clue, I'll have to go and look at the photo.

I'm about to upload some photos of the osprey to the loadouts section if anyone's interested in going to look. I'd post them here, but I think it's more relevant over there.

Put the cummerbunds back on and managed to get 8 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, admin pouch, medic pouch and rifle sling all on there.

It came with ceramic trauma plates in the side pockets of the cummerbund and with all that stuff attached and the plates fitted, it weighs 11kg...

I'm going to have to start jogging again just to cope with this thing.

TPI likes this

11Kg? That includes mags, right? That'll put some treacle on your twinkle-toes, mate!

Do we know if that bib Nutster linked to has velcro hooks on the back? Probably doesn't need velcro to be able to ditch the cummerbunds to save weight, eh, but it might well feel more solid stuck in place than attached to the vest molle only at its edges, especially if it needs Malice clips.

It includes the mags and the trauma plates, but I'll remove them for skirmishing.

It would be nice if the ops panel did have velcro on the back, but it's not essential, the seller I got the rig from might have one, but I won't know until he goes back to work tomorrow.

Edit:

Tris just found one for me on ebay, so I've ordered it :P

Ought to be able to drop a bit of weight now. Hopefully it does have velcro on the back, 'cos it doesn't come with the side fastening malice clips, just the loops at the top.

Wouldn't happen to be the one I gave you the item number for in my previous post would it ed? :P

And you can get all the clips aswell, just gotta know where to look

I'll confess I didn't know what to do with the item number haha, but it probably is the same one lol.

Clips will be less easy to find methinks.

"Clips will be less easy to find methinks"

Their actually easyier to find than cordura fabric -_-

Ed just paste the number into eBay ;)

Do the same with this one 281048869183

Madbull Ultimate Hop and a 50 degree Guarder hop bucking

Ed just paste the number into eBay ;)

Do the same with this one 281048869183

Done! Cheers :D

Better bloody win the bid <_<

I had the bib open in an ebay tab so when i came back after it ended one of the things ebay recommended was a set of those clips. So if you don't win, Ed, it's here.

Cheers. I've got the maximum bid on this set at the moment:

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2648

Even comes with the sling, which I imagine will be better than the shitty imitation one I'm using now that led to the near death of my LLM the other month.

I wish everything didn't have to be a bloody bidding war, I'm too impatient for bidding.

Stuck in a bid for the set you linked as well Ian, since the timer on it is shorter. If I win both then I don't mind paying. Provides a lot more options, ought to be able to properly clip my camelbak onto it as well then too.

Today I've bought my first BDU. Flecktarn all the way baby. Ex-issue shirt and trousers, Grade 1 for £20+ postage. Just need to get some safety eyewear (would industrial work goggles be protective enough?), a helmet (saw a nice modern one with a rail on for £18) the cover for the helmet, some kind of assault vest, and perhaps a neckscarf as well. Did think of getting the ACU cut, but can work on that later.

RA-TECH order has been confirmed and will be here end of the month :D

Now just to find a nice silencer and stock to go on it.

Apparently only RS stocks fit properly. Gonna be hard finding something in the UK that isn't RS Magpul :P

I think lannertactical will have what you need

Riflecraft in Harleston do Fab Defense stuff. Looks good, I tried one of their RS Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 LR's and it had a Fab Defense grip on and was really nice. Prices not too bad for stocks either

Ive seen some Fab Defence stuff on UKMCPRO which look ok.

Although 1 has the spare mag in the stock (dunno if an airsoft mag will fit though :/ might be neat carrying around a mag with inerts though)

And another is the G-shock which has the anti-recoil thing. Big nono for GBB :P I WANT to feel something XD

Will check out them though. cheers.

Erm, just got a HK417 and some mags, three blue force gear chest rigs-one for my MP7 (which is new too ;)) one do the 417 and another for my M4's a few new pistols well six I think and a G&P M4 RIS cause I was feeling nostalgic.

That's it for a while I think. Burnt through the money I got selling my CTW's so new to save for more goodies now.