The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Just picked up a basically brand new dpm Gore-Tex jacket from a stand in my local town's fair.

Guest StrategyBish
5 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Is throwing an electric gun in the snow wise?

if there is no battery in it, there is no issue. otherwise the cold will kill the battery. found this out from personal experience in the last snow fall 2 weeks ago.

im sure its fine was in it for less then a minute just for the picture, can use them in the rain cant see what harm the snow would do in less then a minute. no battery was in it.

Picked up a used warrior assault systems vest (much like the 5.11 lbe vest). Along with 6 brand new warrior open top m4 mag pouches.Also picked up a holosight and pts magpul foregrip. Sadly the foregrip is for a different mounting system to my keymod rail. nevermind. Not a bad bundle for £70 really

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Arwen said:

I bought another stupidly expensive bit of plastic. Hopefully this stops my wrist from hurting so much :rolleyes:

IMG_20180321_192747.jpg

mmmmmm...m-lok.

I have that grip, works well.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Finally got around to buying a Nuprol hardcase.

iWYAffw.png

Used the eBay 20% off voucher code and got it for £51. :D

First thing to go is that foam and replacing it with Kaizen foam.

Took a gamble, was listed as Crye 'Khaki', but was actually a rarer Sand Field Shirt:

IMG_20180323_172318.jpg

In the last 7 days this lot.

ICS Cxp Mars sbr with fet.

ICS Ble Xae pistol.

Warrior Assault Systems vest, quad mag pouch, dump pouch and medium utility pouch.

Double rifle bag.

3300 nuprol rzr bb's.

2 vp 7.4 1300mag lipos (god help me my first ever lipos as the mars rifle doesn't like LiFE batteries).

Gas for the above pistol.

Holo sight (mounted on mars)

Combat Action Games site patch.

Not shown as i can't make use of them 6x Warrior Assault systems single bungee mag pouches, pts magpul moe vertical grip.

I think the Bank manager and mrs will be destroying my bank card after that. Apparently i shouldn't be allowed a week off work after selling my cyclocross bike.

airsoft 318.jpg

Guest scalawag

I have wanted a SCAR L type AEG rifle for a while now to add to my collection as I already have a load of M16 mags, and this would be a bit different from my M4s, but I wanted to get one on the cheap:rolleyes::rolleyes::D.

I came across the Classic Army  ISSC SCAR Mk22.  This is an airsoft rifle licensed to CA by ISSC and is a replica of their civilian SCAR Mk22 rifle which fires a .22LR round instead of a military 5.56mm round. It has authentic ISSC trades on it.  

Externally it looks like a SCAR L Mk16 except it has longer side rails, a smaller ejection port, a slightly modified stock and a couple of raised areas on the outside of the mag well.  It takes M16 Stanag mags and at £180 from Airsoft World it was just what I was looking for.  Seems to have a pretty good gearbox and motor, has an inline mosfet which is also wired into the trigger, and a 6.03 barrel as standard.  It runs nicely on a 7.4v LiPo.  

The majority of the body is a really tough feeling reinforced nylon polymer, but there is also plenty of metal in there too, so it is not light (especially after I added the Elcan to it lol).

Comes as the CQB version, but I added a 4" barrel extension as I prefer the look of the carbine length weapon. Because of the increased outer barrel length I changed the inner barrel from the 280mm 6.03mm one that came with the gun for a Prometheus 363mm 6.03mm barrel which it seems to cope with with no problems.  

Whilst I had the barrel out I upgraded to my standard set up of a Prowin hop unit, Prometheus purple bucking modded for flat hop and a Firefly Namazu flat hop nub which has increased the range a fair bit.  

I already had the sights and bits and bobs kicking about which are on the gun except for the additional Eotech 552 clone for closer range stuff which is a cheap Amazon buy.  I also put some of those US military iD barcode sticker things on to try and kid myself that it looks more like a Mk16 SCAR L than it actually does.:lol::lol::lol:

I know that this is not really a SCAR copy but for now this will do me as a SCAR L looking AEG rifle.

t1sebTT.jpg

0AzH4KC.jpg

Had to 'fess up to the wife as she is recieving the package how much I spent.

Box of 10 guarder bluebox m4 mags

M4 mag triple pouch 8 fields

8 fields dump pouch

MP5 RIS hand guard

Vertical grip

M-lok vertical grip

Keymod Sling mount vector optics

• Moderators
18 hours ago, scalawag said:

Those lights are actually ok.  I have one of the same style from Zero One which I use with my Glocks and Sigs and it does what it needs to.  You may find that the laser is difficult to line up fully with point of aim, but actually they are not that useful in airsoft as an aiming device anyway because of the trajectory of BBs being more arced I find, and not all places let you use them anyway.  Good for designating targets for others to hit though.  The light is nice and bright and does what it is supposed to. That case looks nice too.

ive been looking at pitol lights and notcied Z! did there 'own', curious as to how they stood up to th abuse we could give them?

Just picked up my 5th Bullpup. TM Aug High Cycle. 

Pro Airsoft are blowing them out in Tan and Black for only £225. 

https://proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/en/weapons/rifles/bullpups/tm-steyr-aug-high-cycle?search_query=aug&results=5

• Moderators

went to get some mid caps from BCS but sold out, shoul have done it last week, so ordered from Z1. arrived today at work....and im at home!

DYTAC COSTA VERSION DRAGON BRAKE .... I realized that the suppressor on my M4 is stupidly long. 

I'm thinking I need a decent red dot or holo scope for CQB now 

DY-FH17B-BKa.JPG

Actually my UBACS was a little short in the arms thinking back. Im not that tall either!!

• Supporters
5 hours ago, MaccyD said:

I just bought a UBACS shirt and the arms are 'king tiny! Does everyone in the British army have tiny arms? grrrr

20180327_185050.jpg

It's because they know everyone is just going to roll up the sleeves to look operator. Saves on material.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

It's because they know everyone is just going to roll up the sleeves to look operator. Saves on material.

Especially now with the 'common sense' uniforming