The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Went to get a cheap pistol mag pouch and came home with a new RDS for my pistol, oops!!

Once you figured it out I can setup a UV-5R with 8 channels in only a few minutes. In fact by the time @springs had downloaded chirp for Windows, then gave up on the driver, downloaded it for Linux, installed XMing and copied my config, I'd have programmed his radio already :) The only thing I'd like chirp for is to change channel and radio names.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, warlord said:

Once you figured it out I can setup a UV-5R with 8 channels in only a few minutes. In fact by the time @springs had downloaded chirp for Windows, then gave up on the driver, downloaded it for Linux, installed XMing and copied my config, I'd have programmed his radio already :) The only thing I'd like chirp for is to change channel and radio names.

13 hours ago, rsciw said:

If you're doing it by hand, it's a pain to do. Best is to get the free open source software Chirp ( http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home ), and an appropriate baofeng programming cable (like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAOFENG-UV-5R-BF-888S-Radio-USB-Programming-Cable-FREE-Program-Software-CD-/221798554834?hash=item33a4395cd2:g:PJwAAOSwFMZWrwUV )

Ignore the CD it comes with. Also read the chirp site about programming (especially Baofengs and cheap cables with Windows OS).

What I've bought today, as indicated in my previous post :D

AG36.jpg

18 hours ago, sp00n said:

Just collected a new baofang UV-5R

and I have finally figured out how to program pmr frequencies and the correct sub channels :lol::lol::lol:

Just remember that the UV-5R is too high in power to legally transmit on PMR446 channels. The lowest it goes is twice the allowed limit and it has a detachable antenna (also not allowed for PMR446 handsets). By default it transmits at 10x the allowed power (5W instead of 500mW) so be sure to - at a minimum - turn it down to low power (1W).

Not that you'd ever get caught, but ya know if enough people start doing it...

Also bear in mind that if your site has a license that you can transmit on their business/site frequencies with permission. You can then safely utilise higher power bands too. If you're in a team then a license is only £75 for 5 years between all of you, so that's worth considering as well.

3 hours ago, proffrink said:

Just remember that the UV-5R is too high in power to legally transmit on PMR446 channels. The lowest it goes is twice the allowed limit and it has a detachable antenna (also not allowed for PMR446 handsets). By default it transmits at 10x the allowed power (5W instead of 500mW) so be sure to - at a minimum - turn it down to low power (1W).

Not that you'd ever get caught, but ya know if enough people start doing it...

Also bear in mind that if your site has a license that you can transmit on their business/site frequencies with permission. You can then safely utilise higher power bands too. If you're in a team then a license is only £75 for 5 years between all of you, so that's worth considering as well.

I mentioned no such channel or lack of a license, ;)

• Supporters

First delivery I've actually had arrive in this year containing more than 1 thing.

34660496311_58190abce3_b.jpg

• Mil-Spec Monkey Raw Hoodie
  • Crye G3 Combat shirt
  • BCM Gunfighter stocks (Standard and SOPMOD) + KeyMod cover panels
  • G-Code Safariland RTi adapters
  • ITS Tac swag (not pictured: loads more patches)
  • Centurion C4 10" Pic rail
  • G-Code chest rig bags and RTi belt mount

Masada crapped it's gearbox (sector gear and piston munched themselves) so, in light of that, the only thing remaining stock will be the shell, and only until the T.L. Shell is available again.

SHS 13.1 Gearset

Lonex Red Piston

Lonex POM Piston Head

Lonex AUG Cylinder Head (it works better as a replacement than an AK one o0 )

Prometheus Stainless Cylinder for 301-400mm

Prometheus EG 318mm 6.03mm Inner Barrel for PTS Masada 11.5"

AirsoftPro PTS Masada aluminium nozzle

SHS CNC Hop Chamber for PTS Masada

WiiTech Bearing Spring Guide

70D Sorbo Pad

Also just bought a new gun and bits for that - 

CYMA Magpul Zhukov AK74

Lonex Titan A2

Just something simple this time, a 'Minidiva 551', basically a knock-off Eotech. £30 or so from Amazon and it feels nice and weighty, nice clear sight. But it uses some f*cking bizarre tiny button cells. LR44 cells

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Another airsoft pro vsr mag catch, as I have some how managed to loose the button part :angry:

for my kc02, a high flow rocket valve and HK style charging handle

and a Tesco petrol lawnmower.... best £100 I have ever spent on a lawnmower ... don't know why I never got a petrol one years ago

Just brought a Robin Hood desert eagle kit for my TM Deagle.

Full CNC machined.....

https://www.vainnovation.ca/product/robinhood-comp-full-kit-for-marui-desert-eagle-gbb-hairline-silver/

Will get some photos once it has landed.

Well I have always said you get what you pay for.... At least that's what I keep telling myself!

And my wife!!

• Moderators

not really bought but i guess it came from a magazine i got a subscription for....then won the random comp :D....3rd place

IMG_1543.jpg?t=1496323081IMG_1544.jpg?t=1496323093

Edited by djben9
linking images.....not working well today!

11 minutes ago, djben9 said:

not really bought but i guess it came from a magazine i got a subscription for....then won the random comp :D....3rd place

Did the prize also deduct funds from your bank account? Because I'm sure that happens to me all the time :o

• Moderators

haha, just the mag cost for the year.....enter comp and got this....didnt realise until my bro saw my name in the issue a few months back....been waiting a while for it to arrive....

15 minutes ago, djben9 said:

haha, just the mag cost for the year.....enter comp and got this....didnt realise until my bro saw my name in the issue a few months back....been waiting a while for it to arrive....

Wow, that's good. I thought it was a "tell the wife I've won a competition" so she doesn't beat you for spending the money :D

• Moderators

nope, this one was legit!! :lol::lol::lol:

WE G19 Gen4 - lightweight pistol for the hot summer games.

Except had to take it back because it was faulty, but I'm picking up a new one tomorrow.

5 hours ago, warlord said:

Wow, that's good. I thought it was a "tell the wife I've won a competition" so she doesn't beat you for spending the money :D

I've won so many things this way. Thank god we haven't got a joint account, or I'd have been rumbled a long time ago

Edited by Wongo
Auto spell

Just bought:

A Gold TRMR (Shiny so I don't lose it in the dark areas of the site)

100 .209 Primers

Condor OPS Chest Rig Black

Condor MCR Bib Integration Kit Black

Condor Drop Leg Dump Pouch (Black)

Flyye 40MM Grenade Shell Pouch Molle Black - For the TRMR (Hopefully it fits.)

Condor Double M4 Kangaroo Mag Pouch Black (2x)

MFH Admin Pouche Molle Black

Needed a new vest rig after my crossdraw vest has run its course, no longer suits my kit (no pistol pouches or grenade pouches!) and have been tempted to get a grenade for a while.

Im getting more and more tempted to pre-purchase a Krytac Vector too...

• Moderators
15 hours ago, LewisUK said:

Just bought:

Condor MCR Bib Integration Kit Black

is that so you dont make a mess on your tops while eating mid game :)

gives you more protection on the chest, Warrior dont do one but i did look at Condor before i got may last chest rig. Do condor do a drop down pouch yet?

2 hours ago, djben9 said:

is that so you dont make a mess on your tops while eating mid game :)

gives you more protection on the chest, Warrior dont do one but i did look at Condor before i got may last chest rig. Do condor do a drop down pouch yet?

Haha :P I got it to provide extra protection and somewhere to stick an admin pouch/anything else i'll get later on, as i only wear a UBACS combat shirt, so a little bit of protection never hurts (especially in CQB when there is no "bang" rule) 

From looking at a couple sites i don't think so.

Had to change the 40mm pouch for a flashbang pouch (No stock.)

So to follow on from my previous post in which I bought my Krytac CRB, I bought a new attachment for it and some new batteries.

Say hello to my new ASG Tracer Unit!

Airsoft_tracer_stuff.thumb.jpg.37c936bbf5c083a4caae03a16dfd121d.jpg

Of course, a tracer unit would be pointless without some tracer ammo! So I went for some G&G Red Tracers. Most use green, I wanna use red!

Also, stocking up on some normal .2's because I'm damn near out.

• Moderators

lets hope you get to use them ;):), ive still got approx 1500 green ASG tracers left as very rairly get to a dark site!!!:lol: