Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7839 posts in this topic

I'm into GBBRs in a bit way. I'm certainly used to the maintenance :)

From what I've heard, they're less temperamental than the WA platform anyway.

Ok; this is either gonna look really good, or not work at all. I'm gonna get some engraving done on the slide while I'm across the pond. Just hope customs doesnt get pissed...

1x Archives G17 Scale Slide Set with Golden Barrel for WE G17(Black)

1x Archives Carving Frame for WE G17 / 18C / 34 / 35(Ivory)

And Trigger inspired me to get one of these as well; I don't know which gun it will go on though...

1x Xcortech X3300W Shooting Chronograph with Tracer Set

Sacarathe likes this

Apart from the obvious, customs will actually consider any airsoft Glock trade marks to be counterfeit and will probably have the logo dremeled off. That's why you don't find a huge amount of them being used in the US.

Just get someone to machine it in the UK.

Well, it's being shipped in and doesn't have any trades as far as I can tell, beyond the manufactures trades. But I could get the address changed to the uk, I guess. I threw up a thread yesterday asking if customs would care about a slide and everyone thought it wouldn't be a problem; that's why I did it...

Frankly I'm unsure. All the stories you hear of customs taking a dremel to airsoft guff is because they're guns with the Glock logos on them. If it's just a part then maybe they won't care; maybe they will. Obviously the culture is very different - the danger of letting a gun part in isn't there like it is in the UK, but its commercial value is and they are rather strict when it comes to letting anything they deem counterfeit being let in or not.

Who knows. Hopefully it gets there safely.

Yea... I've looked at it in pics more closely and AFAIK there are no Glock trades on it. So hopefully it all will be OK.

proffrink likes this

Since I am going to be rejoining the world of airsoft I am in the process of updating my loadout to suit both my tastes and my size (since I have grown a few inches wider in the last 2 years... On the bright side at the start of the year I was a 38-39 waist, and I have gotten it under control and back down to 36).

On order are:

RTC US M65 Style Combat Cargo Trousers - Multicam - £19.95

Generic Half Face Mesh Guard - £8

PJ Type Fast Helmet - £23.80

Smith Optics OTW Goggles Field Kit - About £30 (from USA)

I am a little worried about the goggles as I do not want them to fog up, but I think I can modify them to get some decent airflow and get rid of the problem. I have yet to buy a Multicam UBACS. I also need to swap out my M1911 Serpa Holster for a PX4 holster. And I would also like another primary, maybe a M416. But these are for later down the line.

EDIT: I have changed my mind about the primary. I have fallen in love with the TM Scar-L EBBR... It's so beautiful and sounds like a badass.

proffrink likes this

TM MP7 GBB - its freaking awesome.

Welcome to the club...

clumpyedge likes this

Few things ive bought.

3385297439_zpsuxbakvou.jpg

511575930_958_zpspvhbchrt.jpg

airsoft-fma-exf-bump-helmet-kryptek-typh

download_zps7hw4gskn.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-09-24-at-12.40.28-1024x

Muzza

Happy likes this

You just need the yellow gloves now Muzza

Muzza likes this

Second time today I've seen blue DPM, where's it coming from?

Pretty sure it's origin is Jordan, and I've seen a Chinese clone set on Airsoft Club.

A Bren Gun kit :blink: If the No4 turns up I now have 2 rifles to build over the summer . Failing that my Uni room in September will resemble an armoury xD

Airsoft_Mr B likes this

Laylax PSS10 303mm 6.03 tbb,

Fire Fly Extra Soft VSR hop rubber,

Dangerworx VSR high engagement lever,

2 x 4000 Airsoft Surgeon RWA 0.3g BBs.

My lil low power VSR is gonna be an absolute beast for accuracy by the time I'm finished with the hop :-)

Got myself a TM MP5 for £30 from A2 supplies at the Mall when I was there on the 28th. It had no motor, selector switch, or magazines. Had a spare motor at home, and mags/switch is costing me £30 all in from Hong Kong. Not to shabby imo. :)

Monty, Aengus and Colonel Kurtz like this