The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Thanks for the advice gents :) I decided to go on the side of caution and ordered myself a guarder M100 spring,my site allows 350FPS so i figured better safe than sorry.

I'll definitely get someone to change the spring for me,i'd hate to ruin a gun i've never used before :rolleyes: Could anyone recommend a place that'd change it over for me? i daresay they could check the hop while they have it?

• Supporters

Depends where you are, if you want someone local to do it? That's probably your best bet as it'll be cheaper than posting it to one of the big retailers for their techs to do it. It's a very simple job so unlikely that someone who knows even just a little bit about guns would fuck it up. Maybe best to ask at your local site, see who repairs their hire guns.

Seems ive been scammed...my lonex m4 stil hasn't turned up n the guys being really cagey...f*ck

Wouldn't happen to be from flapjack would it ?? if it is then he's scammed a few people on here

Paid Saturday 14th march, problem is my buddy traded with the guy. He says he taped the box my buddies pistol was in to the box my m4 was in. The pistol turned up today, on its own...not looking like it had been taped to a single thing! I only paid £160, but its the principle tbh. The guys ignoring me, and the facebook groups admin isn't doing shit, my problem is cus the guy did a good trade for my buddy (and quite possibly because im a tight arse) I paid him via gift...so I'm fubared

• Supporters

There's been a rash of this kind of thing recently and the common denominator has been payment by gift. The solution is pretty obvious...

I often ask people to pay me by gift, but before doing so i link them to my spotless record on eBay and here and also say it's their choice, not a deal breaker. I think my reputation speaks for itself, but without some proof of similar i wouldn't pay anyone by gift.

Yeah I know the usual thing is to pay via service /goods but as the trade had been good, and id not had any hassle with people before, I thought id just go ahead and pay like that. Really pissed with myself as now ive not got a rifle to attend games with nor the cash to just go out and buy one haha!

• Supporters

I've paid for a few bits via gift in the past, but only with people who've I've known online for a long time who're known and reputable, the types who place a lot of value in their reputation amongst certain forums and the community in general (more than any money they might gain from scamming 1 or 2 people). I can't say I'd ever use anything but goods/service for an unknown on a facebook group and if anyone asked me to use gift instead I'd cancel the transaction instantly.

Hopefully folks can learn from this, though the scamming seems to be getting more frequent if anything sadly.

• Supporters

ffs - never gift, seriously Ian and a few others you could gift

but to be honest whilst buyer/seller are haggling out a final price/offer etc.....

just add a couple of quid on ffs and ask for invoice is my preference

the fees have gotta come from somebody - unless you got real paypal funds/balance or bank account linked to paypal

(yeah bollox - I do paypal via credit card & pay it next month rather than have my bank up for grabs if paypal gets hacked)

seriously - a few quid here n there for an invoice - though this don't guarantee owt

but miles better than gifting dosh and no leg/or limbs to stand or lean on

been on ebay since 2002 - maybe more and yahoo before that with sending poxy cheques etc... before paypal

been on $hit end of stick both buying goods that were fake, sent only half/damaged goods

had to defend/fight fraudster claims trying to send back faulty goods that weren't the goods I sold them

oh yeah I've learned numerous lessons from loads of dodgy c*nts over the years

but please chaps - stop gifting hard earned dosh - or send it to some charity/comic relief/save the children etc....

rather than some possible dodgy f*ckers - not Ian, but you get the idea

So my new TRMR Multishot Base arrived. Much excite!

Like the TRMR grenade it's pretty much perfection in simplicity, design and finish.

It uses the original TRMR mechanism with the new lower having a twisting breech holding three .209 primers, at an offset so on each turn one is always centred under the firing pin.

It's made from the same high quality CNC alloy and is reassuringly heavy weighing in at 450g all together.

Really simple and effective design bang, twist, bang and so forth.... No fidly plunger pin, resetting, safety slot and minimal moving parts.

The original two rows of outlets to allow the gasses to expand and amplify the bang. Thereis now a single row of holes, but it does seem to have a large chamber inside the twisting part which I expect will resonate the bang. I haven't yet taken it outside to test them, I don't think the chickens will appreciate it none too much. I will try piece together a quick YouTube vid next game day.

And it's only £30 .... BOOM!

post-9152-0-27422100-1427286157_thumb.jpg

post-9152-0-20528200-1427286272_thumb.jpg

post-9152-0-13953500-1427286309_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

They upheld my paypal Dispute

That's good to know. Can you explain what happened?

Well basically I paid for a RIF. Waited about a week and a half an nothing arrived.

Messaged the seller 2 or 3 times but no reply asking for proof of postage.

Opened a dispute and waited still no reply.

Escalated the dispute, the next day seller messaged me and said he'd forgot to post it. He provided me and PayPal with the tracking reference.

Item arrived in and I cancelled the dispute.

At no point did PayPal ask me what I'd purchased.

• Supporters

Fair enough then. I may be getting mixed up truth be told. The PP Ts & Cs say they won't offer protection if an item breaches their own usage policy which specifically excludes firearms but doesn't mention RIFs specifically. It does however also say they won't cover anything that breaches Ebay policy which I believe excludes the sale of RIFs on ebay.co.uk. That said if the sale was outside of ebay then that clause wouldn't apply I guess?

Was the sale you mention from a private individual or a business?

The reason they let it go was because there was no mention of a RIF. As soon as RIF or Airsoft gun is mentioned they wont touch it. Happened to me a while back.

Other cases

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?237456-PayPal-have-now-banned-any-amp-all-airsoft-related-payment!&highlight=paypal

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?216508-Paypal-warning-must-read&highlight=paypal

• Supporters

seriously - a few quid here n there for an invoice - though this don't guarantee owt

but miles better than gifting dosh and no leg/or limbs to stand or lean on

like i said it don't guarantee owt

but at least an invoice for "sporting goods" or whatever gives you a thin thread of hope

main thing always go with decent trusted sellers with integrity but like everything

there is always a risk like in the case of The Great Marvo the Magician

I had an issue late last year and tried to get paypal involved, the first guy I spoke to at paypal asked what the item was. I phoned again and the lady actually told me to essentially lie about it (off the record) but I explained that the first advisor had asked me, I think it varies from person to person. What I will say is that the best way to pay is via paypal backed by a Credit card, Visa insure RIF's with no issue! It helped me and I got all my money back.

• Supporters

The thing is, unless PayPal ask you what the item is, as above (although personally whenever i have disputed a transaction it has been done via forms online and I was not specifically asked to say what the item was, just to state the nature of my dissatisfaction with the transaction), you could just say "the parcel" has not turned up, or "the goods" were not as advertised. That said i haven't disputed an RIF sale, so i can't say for sure how far the process could go without mentioning the nature of the article which did not turn up / was not as advertised.

However if a dodgy seller, intending to make sure they keep your money, jumps in with, "it's an RIF so not covered by buyer protection - ner ner ne ner ner!" then that is clear evidence of fraud, which the police may be willing to pursue. Not that that would get you your money back - to do that would require a case in small claims court which costs about £50 to lodge, plus whatever solicitors' fees you incur while getting advice on how to do it/win, but if you win those costs will be added to the judgement against the respondent. Bear in mind though that you will have had to pay them in the short term and the respondent may claim to be hard up and get permission to pay you in crappy little instalments.

AFAIK PayPal's policy specifically names replica firearms as being outside their buyer protection policy, not Realistic Imitation Firearms, but then that is because it is international, not specifically targeted at the British marketplace subject to British law. I spose there could be an argument to be made that imitation and replica are two separate things, but I'm not sure it would get anywhere...