Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7629 posts in this topic

I'm a 38" chest, 32" waist, small crye shirt is snug on me but I like a tight fit with a combat shirt, less material to bunch up and chafe.

Rule I've always gone with is buy one size smaller than your standard British tee shirt size and it'll be about right.

Some SFLCS 9mm pouches and Stanag pouch :D

OD hydration carrier and Crye JPC E-Doff kit <_<

OD hydration carrier and Crye JPC E-Doff kit <_<

Little review of the e-doff kit when you get it mate if you would. Seen it a week or to ago and looks handy.

SimonQuigley likes this

WE/RA-Tech AK-74un ^_^ Now I just need mags..

Airsoft_Mr B likes this

Couldnt find a TM that matched my fiancee. She wanted a blue slide baby or purple toucan also by WE but i cant remember what model it was.

:lol: Where from?

Redwolf (UK) and RA Tech parts from ehobbyasia. Just seen how much magazines are.. :unsure:

Airsoft_Mr B likes this

Olive green Goretex Bivvi bag. this is part of a plan to simplify travelling to WW2 games. As I don't have a car, I have to take camping gear airsoft gear and WW2 gear (which ends up meaning a big heavy rucksack), on the train. The plan is to put together a Swag roll (sleeping mat and sleeping bag inside a bivvi bag rolled up together) and attach it via blanket straps to the P37 webbing. I can then travel in full ww2 marching order webbing and save lots of time setting up camp when I arrive into the bargain.

£30 from Britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk

Also added a green general service shirt (£5) as a step towards a jungle green loadout.

Ian_Gere likes this

FNG's KJW P226

So much for not buying anything else this month haha

Monty likes this

Old green issue UK Army shirt. Cos I wanted something lightweight and more importantly cheap with long sleeves.

An old issue roll mat to cut up for body armour plates for my 6094 vest

Spare PX4 mag

Can of silicon oil

2xGuarder Clear Hop Buckings

Ris attached long m203 and a shell £85 not bad considering it's been fired once then back into the packet

Monty likes this

4c7409b7-32a5-4236-b91f-70e6628bbfbb_zps

I was considering buying one of these as I currently have the model under your one. Have you had a chance to see how it performs yet?

Monty likes this

The UV-5R is a very capable handset. Earlier versions were plagued with firmware issues but that was ironed out. I have the GT3 MK11'S (a rubber cased version with a better antenna) and its faultless.

Which brings me nicely to, what did I buy today?

I got a Z-Tactical Bowmans style headset with peltor PTT and some camo creme because I'm double hard. Lol. (I will review the bowmans in another thread once it arrives)

Oh also 2 pair Dpm Trousers, 2 shirts, 1 smock, 1 dpm ubacs aaaaand a bergan.

£26, not bad

$(KGrHqN,!l0E65Rhsgr)BO2oVdwjSQ~~60_12.J

Which bag is that? Thinking of getting a small bag for evening skirmishes.

You've got to watch out for those bags, a mate of mine had one in fake multicam and the stitching went after a week of exposure to loads and the elements. I'm sure it's OK for airsoft though

1 Medium Alice pack with lightweight frame - £39 all in

1 British Army OD sniper scrim scarf - £3.95 all in

Was also going to pick up some US woodland BDU's but there were no trousers in my size!

If anyone has any 200 rnd SAW ALICE pouches in good nick let me know!

£26, not bad

$(KGrHqN,!l0E65Rhsgr)BO2oVdwjSQ~~60_12.J

I have one of those, great little bag. Only flaw is that the webbing used for straps doesn't have enough friction against the buckles so they will come loose or detach from the bag occasionally.

I was considering buying one of these as I currently have the model under your one. Have you had a chance to see how it performs yet?

As a HAM radio it's very good, as an airsoft PMR446 radio I prefer to use the Baofeng 888s, It's lighter, less complicated, smaller ariel, and the battery seems to last longer. Both have good range in low power mode and will out range a lot of dedicated pmr radios.

The programming takes a bit of getting used to but it's much easier to program the 888s with a pc than program the uv5r manually.

The uv5 has a big weak screen that would render the unit useless if it gets broken, lots of flimsy buttons and weak plastic, it wouldn't stand up to many shots and still be functioning. The 888s has two twist knobs and a light. Even if the casings get shot or broken it's just a casing the rest of the radio should work fine.

It's also very easy to end up on the wrong channel with the uv5r, inadvertently mashing the wrong buttons could land you on the wrong frequencies without the unit even beeping.

Performance between the two are identical as far as I have practically found. But the 888s is lighter. The headsets they come with are pretty good too to be honest.

If you only want to use the 8 PMR channels like most airsofters do then the 888s is better as a a dedicated airsoft radio. If you want to use it off the field or want to use more than 16 channels then the uv5r is ok. The UV5RE is supposed to be more robust, but I haven't seen or used one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BaoFeng-BF-888S-UHF-400-470-MHz-Walkie-Talkie-2-Way-Radio-Earpiece-USB-Cable-/181156424111?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones_Communication_Ham_Radio_Receivers_Transceivers&hash=item2a2dc3a9af, comes highly recommended from me.

And of course ... Blah blah blah ..... Legal issues ..... Blah blah..... Ofcom..... Blah blah blah ....... Bunnies will die at 5mw ........ Blah blah for l33t use only ...... Blah blah usual radio bullshit.

CaptainSwoop likes this

IMI Holster Molle Adaptor