Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7601 posts in this topic

Wander what the logic is one that? It's not gonna provide much protection lol

Hopefully he will let me use it or I'll just wear it under my mesh mask

Most sites say that those under the age of 16 or 18 in some cases must have full face protection. Although it does make no sense getting both

CYMA metal AK hop up unit, AK RIS Handgrip and Tactical Pistol Grip and a few mid-cap AK waffle type mags. :unsure:

Anyone with an AK 47 Marui compatible metal body?

Most sites say that those under the age of 16 or 18 in some cases must have full face protection. Although it does make no sense getting both

I know but a requirement for a neoprene mask is ridiculous, it's hardly going to protect anything

Nickona likes this

A neoprene mask is the difference between broken skin and red marks. It's also much less likely to allow a broken tooth. In either case mesh is superior and I'm certain it's either/or not both...

Plus with mesh, if a BB hits the front of the mask you won't feel much impact as it's 3-5cm away from your skin... neoprene's in contact with the skin so you'll still feel the impact and some shots (especially from a tuned sniper rifle/DMR) could potentially bruise and hurt like a bitch.

A neoprene mask is the difference between broken skin and red marks. It's also much less likely to allow a broken tooth. In either case mesh is superior and I'm certain it's either/or not both...

I still wouldn't trust it to protect your teeth, given I've heard reports of players getting teeth broken whilst wearing a gumshield. Not to mention neoprene isn't exactly kind on your skin.

Ian_Gere likes this

That was my thinking, if the insurance wanted face protection I don't see why the site wouldn't just say mesh lowers- that way there's a much reduced chance of anything severe.

Ian_Gere likes this

I got shot by two people at point blank with CO2 pistols into a neoprene mask (I burst through a door at Tac House: Spartan and they were aiming at head height, which I thought was a bit moody...). Both hits got me side by side on the top lip - more surprise than anything, but there was a red mark. I think you'd have to be quite close for a sniper BB to actually bruise through neoprene.

Teeth wise, I think it may just be possible for a BB to get through the holes over the mouth, or not even penetrate but push the neoprene against teeth with just enough BB contact through the hole to cause a shattered tooth - but really it'd be a one in ten million or more coincidence. But yeah, mesh is the way forward for complete peace of mind. It's not sweaty to wear either...

Esoterick and M_P like this

That was my thinking, if the insurance wanted face protection I don't see why the site wouldn't just say mesh lowers- that way there's a much reduced chance of anything severe.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I'd imagine it would be pretty easy for the insurance to raise the point of why was a neoprene mask recommended when a mesh mask would offer more comprehensive lower face protection. I've seen sites ban things like sniper rifles for under 18s and certain types of gas, but in those cases it is feasible that they could put the site at risk. Neoprene is just flat out not as good as an existing, readily available and used solution.

Teo just so you know this isn't a dig at you, it just seems like a strange suggestion/request from your site.

M_P likes this

Never even considered that, thinking about it I can't imagine neoprene is much fun to wear :P

I guess some people just like wearing rubber? :D

M_P likes this

Just bought a dump pouch Gas mask bag

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-UK-Army-Canvas-and-Leather-Gas-Mask-Bag-/120673581787?pt=UK_Women_s_Handbags&hash=item1c18b4badb

80c7_12.JPG

Late WW2 style lightweight gas mask bag. An authentic item to carry where people usually have a dump pouch on modern loadouts and should fit empty sten mags with ease :)

CaptainSwoop, PT247 and Ian_Gere like this

Two more 417 mods and a unknown pouch that holds them

Two more 417 mags and a unknown pouch that holds them

Next up will be a serpa for the 226 and a dump pouch

got my blue force gear triple in the post :) happy days! good bye annoying velcro mag pouches hello easy quicker mag changes

PT247 likes this

Two more 417 mags and a unknown pouch that holds them

Next up will be a serpa for the 226 and a dump pouch

Unless you're determined to spend a lot of money, have a look on aliexpress.com for a SERPA. I bought one for my USP: I defy anyone to find fault with it, even though it is definitely a 'knock off'. Probably another one of those things run off the same assembly line as the 'real' ones as the Chinese are so obligingly fond of doing :lol:

I ended up getting an IMI holster instead of a SERPA and it seems to do the job at a fraction of the price. Only downside is they seem to support less guns and the retention mechanism is a bit different, if that is an issue.

Thanks Ian I will look tonight I was just going to buy one second hand or of fleabay but will probs buy from them now as I've heard they have a good reputation

Ian_Gere likes this

- Helikon cap in A-TACS FG

- Woodland scrim net

- 8x MAG M4 mid caps

Airsoft_Mr B likes this

Just picked up a 2nd hand full face mesh mask to have an experiment with.

I'm half tempted to buy some grey wool to put a tactical chin warmer and eye shades on it and wear it with my pakol, but i've had an idea in the back of my mind for these things for nearly 2 years so that is most likely the way i'll go - turning a section of it over the mouth into a hamster cage stylee door to allow easy drinking and smoking...

got my blue force gear triple in the post :) happy days! good bye annoying velcro mag pouches hello easy quicker mag changes

love my Blue Force Gear MP7 chest rig

Just picked up a 2nd hand full face mesh mask to have an experiment with.

I'm half tempted to buy some grey wool to put a tactical chin warmer and eye shades on it and wear it with my pakol, but i've had an idea in the back of my mind for these things for nearly 2 years so that is most likely the way i'll go - turning a section of it over the mouth into a hamster cage stylee door to allow easy drinking and smoking...

That will be the most ridiculous-looking thing ever. Why not just get a lower half and then pull it down to your neck when you want food/drink/smoke?