Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7629 posts in this topic

Just got a pair of Lowa Mountain GTX boots. Things are awesome!

Ian_Gere likes this

310887035996_1.jpg

Yay finally!

ok probably not that exciting to most of you but it's the Haft or Handle for my WW2 Entrenching tool. The entrenching tool and cover came with my webbing but was missing the handle. The left hand end takes a shovel/pickaxe or at the right hand end you can fix your bayonet to create a melee weapon, mine detecting poker or more likely to cook sausages over a fire.

Also just noticed an email regarding the small pack I ordered previously, they had found they didn't have any left and refunded my money so I have now ordered another from epic militaria.

CaptainSwoop and Ian_Gere like this

310889760883_1.jpgMOTOROLA XTX446 (not a typo) - £12.50 posted ~ fleabay

The seller has a pile of these which have been going for less than £15 every few days for a couple of months. No battery: apparently they will take 3 x AA and Motorola 2 pin for audio accessories <- which is a pain in the arse, although I'm planning to go wireless for PTT so I would have had to buy a new one anyway. I'm tempted to to dismantle it and hardwire the PTT base unit to the handset with about 150mm of wire between them to cut down the spaghetti on my chest and, with the PTT transmit unit loose to attach to gun handguards, I should be tangle-free.

I may have just done a deal on this little beauty!

TM M14 with a (real) hard wood stock,

UPGRADES

M100 spring

6mm metal BUSHINGS

Guarder Clear Hop Rubber

SCS Concave Hop Nub

TK TWIST INNER BARREL.

metal barrel heat shield

20140312_164545_zpscc584b4b.jpg

PT247, SgtTalbert, remus and 7 others like this

Got some patches through the post today, I have 9 other DayZ ones if anyone likes them, pm me for details

DSC_0117_zpstrcjodxf.jpg

SgtTalbert likes this

That M14 looks sweet, Sam. I just varnished the furniture of my CM.048 - used cheap varnish thinking it would look authentic Soviet. Turns out communist varnish may have been all the same, but apparently was pretty good in comparison to the choice capitalism gave me :lol: gonna have to get some acetone and steel wool and start again!

Anyhoo, recent purchases: 36 Thunder B shells for a blag price I feel would be dishonourable to reveal :lol: some DDPM nade pouches from our own dear Blacktor; a set of bright and set of subdued Soviet Motorised Rifle Troops insignia plus an orange Survival 1st Aid box.

My Afganka turned up too, woohoo!

Airsoft_Mr B and SgtTalbert like this

Just bought:

Marui FN 5-7 mags x2

Double mag pouch

M105 spring

M100 spring (playing around with my scars fps etc)

G&G green hop rubber

I'm now at that stage where new gearbox parts are very exciting to me!

^^Wait until the absence of wear on the contact face of an anti-reversal latch gives you wood!

Just bought a Z-Tactical Wireless PTT - £20.54 posted ~ fleabay

2 x 16340 batteries and a double charger (which also fits 2 18650's B) ) - £3.99 posted ~ fleabay

HP Pavilion G6 15.6" LED Screen to replace the one I accidentally shot - £37.69 posted ~ fleabay

Airsoft_Mr B and THE FNG like this

HP Pavilion G6 15.6" LED Screen to replace the one I accidentally shot - £37.69 posted ~ fleabay

Will there now be a Youtube vid of you finishing the job? :D

Fitting the new 1, no. Shooting the shit out of the old 1... tempting but also no, because ricochets might damage other parts of my lappy and i'm suffering enough as it is :'(

Just picked up some Pantac M14 mag pouches in OD.

WAS dont make them anymore and wont be any time soon! add to the fact the tan ones are £15 each for a single! So that would be £90 for the 6 i need....no chance!

New shiny ACU kit - Defcon 5 'MultiLand' Camo. it's lovely.

Meindl Desert Fox boots

ESS VICE Rx insert

WE M9 mag

half a dozen Vanaras magazine springs to make my Dytac mag followers a bit more manly!

Ian_Gere likes this

For me:

t'other 1/2 dozen manly mag springs - £16.50 posted ~ RSOV

another Turnigy Nano-Tech 11.1V 25C-50C 1.3Ah LiPo - $16 posted ~ hobbyking

Cold War era Soviet Faux Leather belt, 2 Afghan Coins, & 9 Soviet Badges inc. Felix Dzerzhinsky portrait (woohoo) - 28.07 Swiss Francs :blink: (maybe my Russian geezer has wised up to the real value of the $US) = approx £20

1m length bundle of 0000 grade steel wool - £2.04 posted ~ fleabay

500ml Acetone & 250ml Dichloromethane - £11.28 couriered ~ fleabay (for taking varnish off gun furniture, but I may yet add some NaOH if the hideous gloop proves stubborn)

50g VAN DYKE CRYSTALS - £2.49 posted ~ fleabay (trad wood stain made from walnut husks)

190411309084_4.jpg KGB Special Units Senior Lieutenant Shoulder Boards - £[redacted] ~ fleabay

25103233579000000001_1.jpgMulti Function Target - £9.49 delivered ~ fleabay

Edited by Ian_Gere
more

Paid for a new delta ring (real steel style to replace CYMA -TM- one) so my MOE PTS Handguard will fit properly

This also means I will be selling my RIS and I have a potential buyer :)

Also, my MAG mags arrived today! Stated as OD colour, but actually close to Coyote Brown or Coyote Tan. Feed well, not too tight or wobbly either. Very pleased - I will be buying a box set of them.

post-7670-0-11564300-1395532590_thumb.jpg

Good man. Join the club :D

Make sure to get some Tanaka long mags for it, the standard KJW flush ones suck balls. I only use mine as a backup.

Are you going to NAE this year? If you are I'm thinking M700 sniper team :D

PT247 likes this

Am hoping to run an HPA/CO2 rig with it, but yes will go for the Tanaka long as 30 rounds is far better than 10! :D

I don't know when it is, but have never done the sniper role before so I'd poss not be a help, more of a hindrance lol :$ I had to use my PTS ERG today as a DMR as it is currently running hot and found that quite easy to adapt to, was glad of my trusty G18c though! :D

It's fun when you get 12 year old kids looking at you like you're some kind of god, because you have this massively obvious tan-painted beast of a scoped rifle in your hands.

The rest of the time you are taking potshots at enemies and you keep wishing that you bought a tightbore and a new hop rubber and nub before the skirmish :D

PT247 likes this

I can hardly believe I've just done this, but...

king-arms-enhanced-selector-lever-ka-sel King Arms Enhanced Selector Lever for AK - £31.54 delivered from HK :gulp:

But good old airsoft.tiger111hk.com came through for the internal plate, including a $0.13 discount which under the circumstances could not be sniffed at... so £2.90-odd delivered also from HK.

I feel slightly nauseous.

Monty likes this

Just bought a viper neoprene mask seine site manager says I have to wear one for insurance purposes.

Also bought a 5 foot by 3 foot communist flag for my bedroom.

Ian_Gere and Monty like this

Just bought a viper neoprene mask seine site manager says I have to wear one for insurance purposes.

Wander what the logic is one that? It's not gonna provide much protection lol