The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Two more 417 mags and a unknown pouch that holds them

Next up will be a serpa for the 226 and a dump pouch

Unless you're determined to spend a lot of money, have a look on aliexpress.com for a SERPA. I bought one for my USP: I defy anyone to find fault with it, even though it is definitely a 'knock off'. Probably another one of those things run off the same assembly line as the 'real' ones as the Chinese are so obligingly fond of doing :lol:

• Supporters

I ended up getting an IMI holster instead of a SERPA and it seems to do the job at a fraction of the price. Only downside is they seem to support less guns and the retention mechanism is a bit different, if that is an issue.

• Supporters

Just picked up a 2nd hand full face mesh mask to have an experiment with.

I'm half tempted to buy some grey wool to put a tactical chin warmer and eye shades on it and wear it with my pakol, but i've had an idea in the back of my mind for these things for nearly 2 years so that is most likely the way i'll go - turning a section of it over the mouth into a hamster cage stylee door to allow easy drinking and smoking...

Guest PT247

got my blue force gear triple in the post :) happy days! good bye annoying velcro mag pouches hello easy quicker mag changes

love my Blue Force Gear MP7 chest rig

• Supporters

Just picked up a 2nd hand full face mesh mask to have an experiment with.

I'm half tempted to buy some grey wool to put a tactical chin warmer and eye shades on it and wear it with my pakol, but i've had an idea in the back of my mind for these things for nearly 2 years so that is most likely the way i'll go - turning a section of it over the mouth into a hamster cage stylee door to allow easy drinking and smoking...

That will be the most ridiculous-looking thing ever. Why not just get a lower half and then pull it down to your neck when you want food/drink/smoke?

• Supporters

Because Liam, ever since i got shot just under the eye between a loose 1/2 face and goggles, i wear them with 2 straps, tight to my face so they don't move when i run -

which is a pain in the hole to fiddle with, especially if i'm also wearing a headset.

A simple door that latches tight back in place - what could be simpler to operate?

Because Liam, ever since i got shot just under the eye between a loose 1/2 face and goggles, i wear them with 2 straps, tight to my face so they don't move when i run -

which is a pain in the hole to fiddle with, especially if i'm also wearing a headset.

A simple door that latches tight back in place - what could be simpler to operate?

You could always use a neoprene mask, then you could add a zip? :D

Ian, it may be easier to have one side of the mask with Velcro, so it could be opened and pulled aside.

• Supporters

Tuesday, component-shop stuff to keep the electric guns ticking over. They do an extremely good deal on a set of kit for soldering.

13507910605_c9fb9ccc18_c.jpg

Wednesday, 'merica.

13508004563_4502d4846e_c.jpg

Separated out the swag.

13508259954_b35ee7b170_c.jpg

Thursday, WGC Shop.

13508004883_1c85944d59_c.jpg

Also a reflex Mk2 from Dave's Custom Airsoft.

13507910145_b5f015d108_c.jpg

Friday, some things I already owned but the hydro dip is new.

13508261174_449365e22f_c.jpg

Just waiting on a couple more combat shirts from UR-Tac.

Guest PT247

DSC_0135_zpsvjusnbuz.jpg

KJ Works M700 Take-Down.

With 2x 30 round mags nine ball bucking and a Prommy hop tensioner.

Gun is pumping out 520 fps on green gas so having to down grade to 144a giving 480 fps at room temp until I have the CO2/HPA rig to regulate it to bang on 500 fps. Need to sort a 6.01/6.03 tightbore as soon as poss too, http://www.surplusstore.co.uk are stocking the Madbull SS TBs now which I am tempted with, but they are AEG barrels so not sure how to do the conversion so may have to get the Falcon inner barrel set when it comes back in stock at ehobby asia

Tuesday, component-shop stuff to keep the electric guns ticking over. They do an extremely good deal on a set of kit for soldering.

13507910605_c9fb9ccc18_c.jpg

Wednesday, 'merica.

13508004563_4502d4846e_c.jpg

Separated out the swag.

13508259954_b35ee7b170_c.jpg

Thursday, WGC Shop.

13508004883_1c85944d59_c.jpg

Also a reflex Mk2 from Dave's Custom Airsoft.

13507910145_b5f015d108_c.jpg

Friday, some things I already owned but the hydro dip is new.

13508261174_449365e22f_c.jpg

Just waiting on a couple more combat shirts from UR-Tac.

just to warn you that the actual soldering iron is of low quality, and has great difficulty heating the solder to an appropriate temperature, the rest of the kit is pretty decent.

• Supporters

151253960531_1.jpg Mini Tripod (for my chrono) - 99p posted ~ fleabay

351031214460_1.jpg 2½" Cheburashka mascot for Svetlana my SVD - £3.20 posted ~ fleabay

360697185880_3.jpgHumbrol Spray Varnish (Satin) - £7.00 posted ~ fleabay

281290270050_1.jpg Soviet Field Uniform Insignia x2 (for my Afganka) - $18 posted ~ fleabay

25141598002200000009_3.jpg4 x 18650 4.2V 4200mAh - £4.59 posted ~ fleabay

FALCON-PIB-F49_1_mark.jpgFalcon 6.03x455mm TBB - £33 posted ~ ehobbyasia.com

And for those of you who remember my earlier extravagance dropping $31.50-ish on a King Arms fire selector lever for AK's? Just got an email saying they're out of stock V^^Vgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Supporters

just to warn you that the actual soldering iron is of low quality, and has great difficulty heating the solder to an appropriate temperature, the rest of the kit is pretty decent.

Interesting, will have to test it out, thanks for the heads-up. Luckily I've got my grandad's old soldering iron that was handed down and probably made in the 50s but still gets hot pretty much instantly, so if the new option isn't up to task I should still be alright overall.

• Supporters

Those old skool soldering irons are great for getting hot quick, but just be aware that the semiconductors in MOSFET set ups can be destroyed by overheating. If you're going to solder onto the board with a spanking iron, use a crocodile clip on the nearest components to act as a heat sink.

Today I did buy...some white nail polish...

For filling in the trades and 'safe/fire/auto' on my gun, always think they look nicer in white!

And I can also now get that French nails manicure I've always longed for to boot!

Who says airsofter can't look FABULOUS.

My half face mesh mask came today. Not the most exciting purchase but better than having to pick my teeth off Tac House's floor............

Guest PT247

FALCON-PIB-F49_1_mark.jpgFalcon 6.03x455mm TBB - £33 posted ~ ehobbyasia.com

And for those of you who remember my earlier extravagance dropping $31.50-ish on a King Arms fire selector lever for AK's? Just got an email saying they're out of stock V^^Vgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Let me know how you get on with this as thinking of getting one when back in stock for my M700