Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7855 posts in this topic

Ah coolio, perfect

The bloke I'm buying the tracer mag from says there's something intermittently wrong with it - from the sounds of it there'll be a wire loose, but while I have it apart I may switch to a/some UV LED/s (because I have some lurking from another project and more of the energy they put out is useful for exciting the fluorescent dye, compared to white light LED's).

The bloke I'm buying the tracer mag from says there's something intermittently wrong with it - from the sounds of it there'll be a wire loose, but while I have it apart I may switch to a/some UV LED/s (because I have some lurking from another project and more of the energy they put out is useful for exciting the fluorescent dye, compared to white light LED's).

Interesting - the one I have came with a UV LED not a white one. It's on the whole time the mag is inserted so the first round always come out glowing (unlike some devices like the Ultimate Hop with the LED fitted that take a while to switch on). I'd be interested to see if there was a way to fit the LED bit into a hi-cap...

Ah, well that makes sense, Loz. If I'm not happy with how much glow I get, I'll figure out some way of adding more LED's. I dunno how it would work any differently with a hicap - the LED would still have to be in the tube because if it was in the reservoir, the BB's would block the light. Maybe a few placed around the reservoir plus one in the tube...?

Lozart likes this

The main difference is that because the LED is only on one side the BBs only glow on one side. If you're in the dark it's plenty to see where you're shooting though.

Today I bought my magwell grip, now installed, gives me a few more grip options and helps my cack handed quick mag changes too.

Just waiting for my single point sling to arrive...and can't make my mind up on which Eotech 551 clone to buy

The main difference is that because the LED is only on one side the BBs only glow on one side. If you're in the dark it's plenty to see where you're shooting though.

Replied to here, in the DIY thread.

Just bought 3000 Blaster 0.25g Tracer BB's for £15.29 posted (inc. 10% discount given to UKAPU members)

Edited by Ian_Gere
BB's

I just got one of those for a very similar purpose (single shot on an M249)!

M249 at an indoor CQB site, should be interesting :)

Lozart likes this

^^Like "Aliens" :lol: Let's rock!

Lozart likes this

Place will look like a ball pit in a creche after using that!

...Albeit 6mm balls

Lozart likes this

Place will look like a ball pit in a creche after using that!

...Albeit 6mm balls

There is an ACTUAL ball pit at The Malls....

Unfortunately it chrono'd at 346fps (site hard limit is 340) so I couldn't use it. Apart from the weight it's actually pretty manoeuvrable (it's a para so with the stock collapsed it's actually shorter than an M4). Next time.....

Sako likes this

There is an ACTUAL ball pit at The Malls....

Unfortunately it chrono'd at 346fps (site hard limit is 340) so I couldn't use it. Apart from the weight it's actually pretty manoeuvrable (it's a para so with the stock collapsed it's actually shorter than an M4). Next time.....

It'll all end in tears, and bruises...lots and lots of bruises.

Purchased the following over the last three weeks

• Element AN / PEQ-16 A Laser Light Tactical Torch Black and Pressure Pad
  • Oakley hard knuckled OLIVE GREEN Medium (Clone)
  • PTS AFG2 Angled Fore grip Black (Clone)
  • Rifle Flight Case Lockable 125cm
  • Shemagh Scalf in Black / White
  • Helikon low profile protective neoprene pad tactical knee trousers inserts
  • Helikon SFU trousers Coyote Tan
  • G&P Kill Flash for Aimpoint Sight
  • IMI DEFENSE Retention Roto Holster for Glock 20/21/37/38 (Black)
  • IMI holsters accessories - Molle attachment - Low ride belt loop - Belt attachment
  • Flyye dual AK magazine pouch molle – Coyote Brown
  • Genuine Czech military vintage shoulder bag
  • Austrian army alpine jacket military hiking coat
Airsoft_Mr B likes this

Personally, for £13 and free delivery I would say definitely, they 'seem' the same sort of quality as my OD Viper gloves and I have played in those for the last two years and they haven't ripped or torn once so fingers crossed - http://tinyurl.com/oamb29u

Sako and Airsoft_Mr B like this

12729987593_84d37d2b7f_c.jpg

WGC bringing the goods, as per.

-VFC KAC profile 11.5" Outer

-VFC and Prometheus inners as per the above

-Dytac URX3 Hand stop

-PTS MOE Trigger guard - Foliage

-PTS MOE Pistol grip - FDE

-PTS x Rainier Arms LM4 Charging Handles

-PTS x Griffin Arm FH, Flash Comp & Tactical Comp

Also I don't think I posted the WAS Sabre and Nemesis rigs from a week or two back. Picked 'em up to review and check Warrior kit was still up to snuff seeing as I've been recommending it to people all this time but not actually bought any for a long while.

An original NOS Soviet Afganka in size 54-5 at last! Woohoo!

soviet_afghanka_at_allequipped.jpg

$150 posted from Russia :gulp:

Russe11 likes this

A large can of Zero One 'pro' gas and a 10 pack of 12g CO2 capsules, £14.50

JackHG likes this

^^Oh bugger, that reminds me - I bought 4 Thunder B grenades and a pile of 12g CO2 caps from our own dear Curly68 t'other day too. And there was me starting to look around for a Soviet Khaki RD-54 backpack and rig... better give the wallet a rest. It's probably hiding in its little mousehole!

TacMaster and JackHG like this

just ordered another 4 mags for my GHK G5 as well as an M4 stock tube and stock and pistol grip the other day

^^Love the Star Wars flash hider, PT :) If you're not into it, can i have 1st dibs on buying it off you?

Although am using the Noveske noise amplifier I think I will keep hold of the flash hider for now Ian.

You can get it new from these guys though:

http://samoon.com.tw/gun-parts/ghk-g5-parts/g5-01

Ian_Gere likes this

Bought a new gun bag, and another 9.6V battery which now makes 2 I have (think I'll need two for a full day skirmish), and a WE Eotech 551, plus 2 G&P midcaps. (Gives me 2 midcaps and 2 hi caps). Reckon this might be enough mags and batteries for a day?

Bought a new gun bag, and another 9.6V battery which now makes 2 I have (think I'll need two for a full day skirmish), and a WE Eotech 551, plus 2 G&P midcaps. (Gives me 2 midcaps and 2 hi caps). Reckon this might be enough mags and batteries for a day?

not sure about the batteries as use LiPo's, one of them does me possibly 2 full days with my AEG.

Depends how you play re the mags, I was running lo caps on my G5 and didn't use all I was carrying (7 mags so almost 250 BBs) in any of the rounds we played Sunday, I have however rinsed over 1500 BBs in a single round previously.

Sako likes this

Just paid for an internals job on my Galil

And ordered some R4 parts as well from SA!