The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

New O rings for my VSR 10,the ones in already are dried up and fucked beyond saving.

Oh,forgot to add.Negotiated with my friend to buy his broken CYMA CM031,so I can practice tech work.However,He told me that if I ever fix it,i give it back to him.Gave him 50€ for it nawt bad.

Wont get this till Sunday afternoon but have just sorted out a Comtac 2 headset to replace my Bowman.

post-6210-0-67249900-1364933791_thumb.jpg

Just got my new G&G. I have a personal hate for clear plastic, but it will have to do. I might make a Flecktarn sleeve for it one day. I ordered the battery for Thursday, hopefully Royal Mail won't cock up this time.

Also thinking about swapping parts out and replace it with loads of Magpul parts.

From Kenya got a real Maasai knife with genuine animal blood stains on it :D and all for only 1600 shillings!

Here's some pics of the knife :D

12_zps8483ee16.jpg

Size comparison with my arm...

11_zpsc695fd94.jpg

• Supporters

That's so cool. I saw one in a shop in Bristol years ago, but it wasn't flat profiled like yours. The blade had been pattern welded like yours, but around a central rod which was left unhammered. I expect it was a springier temper of steel and the edges were harder to keep an edge. Yours was probably made by a better smith, one who could harden the edges independently after the constituent rods were hammered together.

Yours sounds like it might have been whats referd to as a "tourists" one, made a lot cheaper. This one is meant to be genuine, whcih sounds about right given the blood stains on it and the god awful smell of dead animal on it :D

The guy originally wanted 5000 bob for it!

• Supporters

You may be right. I didn't own it though, I just saw it in a shop I was thinking of buying a deactivated PPSH 41 from. TBH though, it didn't look like something that was made to be a souvenir: the leather on the grip was thicker than on yours and stained from use.

How much is a shilling worth?

may very well be a real one, never seen one with a rod down the middle though..

£1 = 133ksh

AR sling mount adaptor

Angry Gun Power Up Silencer for my MP7

TM tri-shot shells

• Supporters

£12 for a hand forged blade is good going I'd say, Nick.

Maybe this one I saw was made by a particular smith or something. You know how yours is made from 4 rods pattern welded together? The middle 2 will have been pre-tempered to give the blade resilience and the outer 2 for hardness. But the heat and slow cooling during the hammering of pattern welding must anneal both types, thus must be accounted for in the pre-temper of the centre rods, because afterwards only either the whole blade or a single edge can be tempered again. A 5th rod in the centre would make it far easier to achieve the same result and also, after grinding, act to make the blade easier to withdraw from a stab wound than a flat blade.

• Supporters

You seem to know a worrying amount about this, Ian haha.

• Supporters

Yeah, you wouldn't want to find yourself in my basement, Ed!

joke

- I'm not only old, I'm a sponge for interesting yet ultimately useless, unless civilisation ends and needs to be rebuilt from scratch, information. For eg, traditional English swordsmiths would have used the same method, except that the 2 centre rods of the blade would have been twisted before final spring tempering. Placed side by side, with each twist going the opposite way, once they are hammered together with the blade edge pieces there is a pattern left which looks a little bit like a head of barley, or fish scales even, down the centre. They used to intentionally rust the blade and then heat treat it with some mineral or other, which prevented the rust from getting worse, so when it was polished much of the blade would be dark brown with this shiny pattern running down it...

• Supporters

You ought to go on QI lol

Or Who Wants To Be A Millionaire! I'll take a cut when you win, 'cos it was my idea lol :3

• Supporters

I hardly know anything about sport and nothing about soaps or any electric valium culture...

• Supporters

If you're a cheating arsehole, yeah =/

Kinda need someone to know the answers for them to cough though...

• Supporters

For a million quid I have no problem cheating and, whatever I did, Chris Tarrant would still be a bigger arsehole. But yeah, my problem would be that I don't know, or want to know, anyone that is an electric valium afficianado...

• Supporters

For a million quid I have no problem cheating and, whatever I did, Chris Tarrant would still be a bigger arsehole.

Lmao! Ahahaha, best comment ever.