The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

An ex-police wicking tshirt and a dpm shirt, curse my gf for being too small for small sized clothes, pics when I'm finished ;)

In my Tan n MC gear i was just sat two feet from a bush and i could see people through it but they just kept

Hiding behind something doesn't make good camo :D Also I've found in airsoft no one looks around themselves!

FG is far superior to any camo I've seen yet in a woodland enviroment.... I've had people look straight at me not hiding behind anything and not see me in FG

You know what I spend so much time going on about camo I;m going to have a "Nick's approve and disapprove camo list" thread.. I think I'll do it tomorrow!

here we go again the camo debate.

lets be serious any camo is Shite unless you have some fieldcraft knowledge to move around the AO.

Back on topic.........

I just picked up a Element Fast Jump Helmet in tan for a bargain! (pics up once it is painted!)

Picked up a SIG-X5 Open to replace my old X5 Closed which sadly exploded recently.

Pretty happy so far, it seems that in the past year KWC/Cybergun have re-designed parts of it which I didn't like/were badly designed.

Best bit is, I can recycle a few old parts (like the outer barrel) meaning I don't have to customise everything all over again. And should I need to, I can cannibalise the old X5 for spares should anything break.

• Supporters

My Osprey arrived this morning, it fits fine, but attaching stuff to it is basically impossible. It fastens in the middle at the front, so I can't attach anything molle to it that covers the middle section... Since I've got 3x double mag pouches and 1x double mag pouches, I have to have my mags in a 6 and 2 config with more on one side that the other and all the added bulk on both sides makes it impossible to put on and fasten properly...

Is there a sort of molle cover I could attach to the front of it or something?

Does anyone know what I mean? When I'm not so bogged down with work I'll have to post some photos as reference or something.

Im guessing i know what you mean. Like a molle admin panel with more molle instead of Velcro? :P

Would be costly but why not new single pouches?

• Supporters

Yeah that's right, just like a big rectangle of molle weave that I can attach to the front of the rig.

I would get another set of pouches, but it wouldn't help, 'cos when there are pouches on the front, it's impossible to grip it properly to fasten it tightly enough, which is my main problem.

I need to be able to fasten it, then fasten another panel on the front over the fastenings with all my stuff on it. I want it to look something like this:

http://www.google.co...gQ9QEwAQ&dur=39

• Supporters

?

There is no zip bit.

• Supporters

Ed you're looking for this bit, in MTP of course ;)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJ,!m!FBR0RrQ,PBQW5lQv5TQ~~60_35.JPG

And all the odds and sods to fasten it to the osprey base

• Supporters

Yes, yes I am. What are they called?

• Supporters

Osprey front flap :P I've no idea although I'm sure if seen them on eBay on there own

*Edit*

Item no. 261147820218

• Supporters

I think it's called an Osprey ops panel.

But I still can't find one for sale anywhere. <_<

• Supporters

I'm thinking of the one i posted a link to in the supporter's Forum where it had the Zip in the Lower Part only but i'm pretty sure that's the Latest issue?

• Supporters

Not a clue, I'll have to go and look at the photo.

I'm about to upload some photos of the osprey to the loadouts section if anyone's interested in going to look. I'd post them here, but I think it's more relevant over there.

Put the cummerbunds back on and managed to get 8 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, admin pouch, medic pouch and rifle sling all on there.

It came with ceramic trauma plates in the side pockets of the cummerbund and with all that stuff attached and the plates fitted, it weighs 11kg...

I'm going to have to start jogging again just to cope with this thing.

• Supporters

11Kg? That includes mags, right? That'll put some treacle on your twinkle-toes, mate!

Do we know if that bib Nutster linked to has velcro hooks on the back? Probably doesn't need velcro to be able to ditch the cummerbunds to save weight, eh, but it might well feel more solid stuck in place than attached to the vest molle only at its edges, especially if it needs Malice clips.

• Supporters

It includes the mags and the trauma plates, but I'll remove them for skirmishing.

It would be nice if the ops panel did have velcro on the back, but it's not essential, the seller I got the rig from might have one, but I won't know until he goes back to work tomorrow.

Edit:

Tris just found one for me on ebay, so I've ordered it :P

Ought to be able to drop a bit of weight now. Hopefully it does have velcro on the back, 'cos it doesn't come with the side fastening malice clips, just the loops at the top.

• Supporters

Wouldn't happen to be the one I gave you the item number for in my previous post would it ed? :P

And you can get all the clips aswell, just gotta know where to look

• Supporters

I'll confess I didn't know what to do with the item number haha, but it probably is the same one lol.

Clips will be less easy to find methinks.

• Supporters

Ed just paste the number into eBay ;)

Do the same with this one 281048869183