The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

My most recent purchase was the JG Ingram Mac-10 from Airsoftworld. Hoping I don't miss the delivery tomorrow! Looking forward to trying this weapon out. Anyone had experience with them?

I'm still fairly new to Airsoft so I'm still picking up little bits and pieces such as dump pouch, waterproofs for the wetter days and a half-face mesh mask to protect my beautiful face from BB's. More or less sorted now in general. Loving my all-black based kit :)

Bought a second MTP PCS smock as the first one was a tad to small. Also got a pair of un-issued DDPM combats and some tan knee pads.

As for the Binatone radios. These have now been sold on as you cant get a decent headset and PTT that is a direct fit. I bought an adapter and that would not work either. So i have replaced them with a pair of Motorola ones. Sold on ebay for £15 more than i paid!

• Supporters
So i have replaced them with a pair of Motorola ones.
I managed to get just 1 XTR446 from somebody in Portugal off fleabay... £9 + £6 P&P!!! TBF there are no legends left on the buttons, but it's not that complicated to remember what I need to.
Sold on ebay for £15 more than i paid!
:lol:

A TM MP5 High cycle, with the drum mag, three high cap straight mags, four 8.4V Ni MH batteries, a charger that will do for my other batteries including the LiPO, a tight bore (6.04) barrel fitted and a load of other bits and pieces or it, all for £260!

Yesterday I ordered a low powered bolt assembly for my MP9 from the States.

Just wish I could find some reasonably priced MAC11 and MP9 GBB KWA mags now. That would make me happy!

Propane!!!

Although the AI adaptor is either poo, or my MP7 mags don't like the adaptor much.

only used propane + ai adaptor on my gasguns and never had any probs^^

• Supporters

58 Pattern Water Bottle & Mug (plastic) £3.99 + £3.49 P&P - I only wanted the bottle, but for that price who cares?

58 Pattern Mug (enamelled metal) £8 + £2.75 P&P - arguing with the seller now b/c it's in rough condition...

SA80 Cleaning Kit £6.50 + £2.75 P&P - the new type zip up pouch, atomiser oil bottle & stiff pull through (not a full kit by any means lol).

I got this for a few reasons: I don't like the idea of using pressurised cans if there's a good alternative, plus the atomiser is much smaller than a can of Abbey; the stiff pull through should work just as well as the plastic rods that come with AEG's and it coils up in the pouch, which is much easier to carry around than a rod long enough for an AK, let alone for my L1A1; I can put a few other bits and bobs in the pouch and that'll be a handy, little AEG maintenance kit.

British army General Service Olive Green Shirt £4.95 + £3.75 P&P - I'm slowly heading towards a cold war loadout.

Viper Black Kneepads £5.11 + £2.99 P&P - I'm also building a special forces style all black loadout.

Actually, I really should make a gear wanted thread in the classifieds...

Some M4 thread size Nuts & Bolts £0.99 & £1.79 inc P&P - for general repairs.

They're stainless steel wich isn't ideal, but, through experimentation, I think I've found a way of making them black in a way that will last.

Snap On Allen Key Set 8mm - 2mm £7.11 + £3.25 P&P - how fcuking annoyed was I getting with cheap Allen Keys rounding off when I tried to tighten a hex-bolt up properly?

1m Black 25mm Flat Elastic £1.19 inc P&P - I need to make loops to hold a torch pressure pad onto various AEG's.

2 x Large Flameless Ration Heaters £3.90 + £1.00 P&P - for the night game @Skirmish 15/12/12

These are way better than the standard size and leaps and bounds better than the US MRE type.

All from fleabay. Fweabay is my fwiend :wub:

Oh yeah, and from cadetfactory.co.uk Viper Black UBACS shirt £34 inc P&P - hopefully I'll have it before the 15th, but if not, I want it for my spec ops loadout anyway.

• Supporters

100 smoke grenades

Not planning on robbing a bank are ya? :D

Just ordered from http://www.armysales.co.uk -

British Army Issue 120 x 55 cm Green Towel 100% Cotton Terry Towelling £2.49 - thought about getting the micro fibre type but I like cotton on my skin.

Web-tex Military High Gloss Parade Boot Polish £1.25 - running out...

SA80 Nylon Spiral Bristle Bore Cleaning Brush £3.32 - will clean 6mm bore just as well as 5.56mm but not scratch like the brass or steel types.

Sub-Total: £7.06

UK Shipping (Weight: 0.70kg): £4.99

Coupon(Ebay10%): £-0.71

VAT (20%): £2.27

Total: £13.61

Right that's it for this pay cycle... unless something unmissable pops up lol!

• Supporters

I almost bought 1 of those a couple of weeks ago Finius, but the bloke wanted a daft price and stuck at £105 in the pre-f2f haggle and its under-folding stock was knackered on 1 side...

I was still tempted though, because I've heard a few TM AEG's and they're pretty quiet firing, compared to most AEG's. I haven't heard a TM AK though.

Is it quiet? If it is, I'd find a cheap Beta Spetsnaz front end and put a PBS 4 silencer on it to cover a new TBB. If the new front end had plastic wood effect furniture, I'd replace it with an aluminium RIS and folding foregrip and if the stock was plastic too, I'd either replace it with a side folding stock, or get a wooden stock and cut it down, or just make it from scratch, and fit 1 of those sniper style adjustable butt plates on it. Spray the whole thing, including 8 AK47 metal mid-caps & 2 plastic waffle hicaps, in urban camo using Krylon Black, Grey Primer and Fusion Flat White - the last 2 with various degrees of Black speckling (using sheets of plastic from blister packs etc. as templates with 3mm, 7mm & 15mm length paisly pattern* shaped holes in) to darken them down and bits of the Black lightened with Grey/White through the templates.

*Think about that shape and how it appears at a distance. The black on a lighter background or light on black background would create an optical illusion of colour in the concave curved bit, blurring the edges of blocks of colour. Where does the brain get information with which to fill in the visual field when the eyes cannot resolve what is actually there into a sharp focussed image? The surrounding colours is where...

• Supporters

To be honest, for an old TM AK47, if it's ex-rental, about £50 is a nice price to pay, £105 is a bit much IMO. A tenner on the other hand is just ridiculous.

TM AK series tend to be fairly quiet in a sense, I think though it's more that they have a different sound to most guns; a lot of AEG are very "snappy" in their sound, whereas the AK series tend to be a bit more "woody", if that makes any sense at all, if anything it makes them harder to hear at range, mostly because they sound further away than they are...

Interesting project you've suggested, I quite like the idea of the paintjob especially - it's going on the "serious contenders" pile ;)

• Supporters

Bugger, that reminded me - I want some Krylon myself! I've just been waiting for Patrol Base to have Flat Black back in stock and woohoo, they do...

1 can £10.14 inc. P&P - best price I can find in the UK.

Edit to add/Re: Patrol Base P&P costs

GBP3.15 for 1 311g item - Royal Mail cost for 1 packet up to 750g 2nd Class Recorded Delivery? GBP3.15

To any/all ye airsoft suppliers who may read this, that is the kind of P&P that will bring me back to them... I'd have been happy with £3.85 to cover packaging materials TBH, but when it gets to the fivers+ I feel skanked and that predisposes me to look elsewhere...

Edit 2 to add: pound sign failure, Dev. Can't remember if this is exactly what Ed was on about, but it's defo similar lol!

• Supporters

I don't think his was ex rental, Finius, but it was damaged. I'd have gone to £80, maybe even £85 if it seemed otherwise ok, but he was adamant on £105 and I didn't have the money to arrange a f2f meet and haggle him down that day. By the time I did have the money spare he'd sold it.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean about the sound of the TM AK range. Describing sound is very difficult in English, particularly the timbre (the word you're looking for btw).

As a sound engineer, what "woody" and further away than it is suggests to me is sounding like a combo of something that is hollow being struck and that the sound is muffled. Woody could also suggest a filtered waveform called PWM, pulse width modulated, which can be similar to a square wave, that you get from brass instruments, but with a slight variation in the wavelength, and a low pass filter taking the harshness out by removing a degree of some of the upper harmonics plus a comb filter altering the balance of harmonics so that the "harder edged" brass sound square wave, which is comprised of odd numbered harmonics layered on top of the fundamental harmonic (that which determines the pitch) is complimented by a small amount of even numbered harmonics (which on their own, added to the fundamental, produce a triangular waveform which sounds completely artificial and a bit unpleasant usually) because, even though a pure square wave has none, a natural sound will have even harmonics, just very quiet in comparison to the odd and a comb filter can boost them selectively while also reducing the amplitude of some of the odd harmonics selectively... See what I mean? WTF does any of this mean to a lay person? You might just as well describe the sound as "a bit brown" and, funnily enough, some people do...

Muffled and far way are both effects produced by a loss of upper harmonics - they are the 1st to die out in reverberation and the easiest to block by some mechanical means...

Anyhoo, yeah I really want to try that paint job myself. I have an ICS AKS 74U which, if I can get a decent RIS to fit, I may have a go with. I reckon that using 2L round plastic bottles for some of the stencils might be a good plan for some parts, as well as flat ones for others. I dunno about my AKS though. For 1 thing I think that a funky paint job like that would need to be on a gun with a silencer and a more substantial stock than the basic steel frame my gun has, or it'd look silly. Yeah, I could modify it, but it's the only CQB length AEG I have...

Guest WhiteDeath

Ahh...the memories of my old TM AK....The one I had was a mostly broken ex rental too,but it fired great,I had to install a new hopup rubber onto it though.The hand guard was completely wrecked and had a ton of layers of electrical tape over it.Stock was broken off so I had to tape the battery to the left side of the receiver every game.

I got rid of it earlier this year and got myself a VSR 10 Gspec.

Anyhoo,bought a fresh bottle of BBs and a bottle of green gas for all for €31

Bought a sight for my MP5 :) It helped A LOT. I could actually aim properly instead of relying on instinct aiming and adjusting by watching the BBs. Ironsights are a pain. Also the mud was free with todays game... I spent a lot of time diving into muddy cover :D Some got into my 1911 and made it unusable for one game!

20121208165626.jpg

Am looking to invest in a decent BDU, I'm thinking along the lines of PL Woodland. So will likely go for those for both top and bottom, rather than a mix. Also looking for a decent air of jungle/combat boots, but yet to see any that I can really afford.

• Supporters

Am looking to invest in a decent BDU, I'm thinking along the lines of PL Woodland. So will likely go for those for both top and bottom, rather than a mix. Also looking for a decent air of jungle/combat boots, but yet to see any that I can really afford.

Check these out @Patrol Base. They have pretty much the best deals on surplus boots in the UK, so if those don't suit, they have a fair few options.

• Supporters

Warrior Assault Systems RICAS base unit plate carrier in Black £64.10 inc P&P from fleabay.

I'd vaguely had my eye on this and was only going to bid up to about £35, not because it's not worth more, but because I don't really have the money spare. Well, not without sacrificing something previously decided anyway. I just really want to try using a tight fitting PC, to see if it helps with my bad back, and, at least with a good one like this, it should do up tight and stay that way.

But that is definitely it for a while. I can't afford to put any bleedin' pouches on it right now, so I'll have to wait on generosity for xmas and my birthday (commiseration even)...

ok pre Christmas binge, brought the wife her first GBB in purple... New gun, so new you cant get mags yet!

Looks rather fun from Redwolf UK who had it in stock in her favourite purple colour. Will post pics once it arrives (hopefully tomorrow)

WE N&P XW40 GBB - Purple

And as I was on with them seemed a waste not to make full use of the postage, so a Mr Cripps recommended Hi Capa + the Tornado impact grenade christmas pack (Grenade, Gas Can and Propane adapter kits) also (cough) accidentally got ordered as well...

Do let us know what its like, been waiting on the tm M&P since the beginning of time and may end up getting the WE

Happy to review once I get 5 mins with it :)

Its really for wife (and my daughter who also after it) I want to get wife out airsofting but she "Doesn't like guns", so a purple one is a good back door since its not fitting her definition of a "Gun". Wont try to understand, if I can get her out plinking I am hopeful it will grow on her and I will get slack to buy more toys. Hehe... So on that front it a winner already.

Its pricey compared to the Hong Kong price (coming on double) but it had to be purple so what choice does one have. Redwolf HK are out of stock anyway, but luckily the UK arm had some. Total cost was just over the £100 mark for gun with mag + £9 postage from Redwolf UK.