The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

I just ordered an Element valve tool so I can fix my Sig magazines and I also ordered some imitation Oakley hard knuckle gloves, because I'm sick of the genuine ones being out of stock everywhere...

i got me some of these too (gloves) from fleabay £10.99 and that inclued p&p. they not bad just the knuckle protector on right hand is a bit high or it my be because of my big hands but they look and feel ok ok

I just ordered an Element valve tool so I can fix my Sig magazines and I also ordered some imitation Oakley hard knuckle gloves, because I'm sick of the genuine ones being out of stock everywhere...

I was told the genuine ones are crap and to go for the copies as they last longer.

Anyway i have treated myself today.

My list:

Imax B6 balance charger

Elite Multicam beanie

Bulldog Multicam small radio pouch

Brand new MTP PCS Smock

MTP S95 combats

Brand new MTP PCS UBACS

picked up a pair of binatone 950 radios. saw them waking past cash converters! BARGIN!

• Supporters

I remember Ian once saying - He's a sound engineer or something - That Binatone are often referred to by those in his field "belongs-in-the-bin-a-tone" lol

But hopefully, you got something semi decent.

Well for £20 (RRP is £50) for 2 radios with charging dock, power leads and instructions i'll risk them not being amazing. They appear to be more or less brand new.

Don't see the point in spending massive amounts on a radio that will get used once/twice a month.

• Supporters

Funnily enough, the hard knuckle gloves I ordered from China arrived t'other day and, although I didn't know it when I placed the order, they are Fauxkleys! I ordered the XL size and I'm really impressed with the fit (I have major probs finding gloves to fit my fingers properly); I am glove size 9-10 for reference.

Got my 350 lumen gunlight - £12.50 from China inc P&P, 3 different mounts, 2 end caps (1 button, 1 pressure pad), and 1 18650 battery - my only issue with it is that to access the different functions, the various brightnesses, the emergency flash, and the strobe, you have to click through the cycle of functions each time to get to the one you want.

Also bought British Army NBC gloves and MK V overboots, plus an S10 respirator with canisters, 1 powder decon pad, and an OD satchel - I've already got some other decon stuff and chemical weapon detector paper pads. Oh, and a couple of different S10 microphones that fit over the speech diaphragm I think, but I'll have to get a real Bowman headset to use them, which I'll then have to modify to use with my z-tactical PTT, which is more of a ball ache than it sounds.

• Supporters

I used mine today and got on with them swimmingly. They are slightly tight around the wrist but when you're playing you don't even notice, so it's fine.

Plus, they just look sexy, so it's all good :P

• Supporters

MTP Camelbak.

Also got 4 more Emags to bring the total to 12 - no more plastic crap STANAGs for me.

Got a pot of .30s for the L85 as well. Had it shooting around 400fps on .20s the other day, it was overhopping .25s beyond the range I could see, even through the ACOG, so I'm hoping the .30s will bring it down so they fly level for ever.

I just hope Skirmish will let me run it as a DMR if it turns out working well, 'cos the ICS L85 can't be locked to semi, it requires the auto mode on the selector for semi to work.

• Supporters

Plus, they just look sexy, so it's all good :P

Yeah they do. It's the little rubbery holes on the fingers... sounds weirder than it is, lol!

Got a pot of .30s for the L85 as well. Had it shooting around 400fps on .20s the other day, it was overhopping .25s beyond the range I could see, even through the ACOG, so I'm hoping the .30s will bring it down so they fly level for ever.

I just hope Skirmish will let me run it as a DMR if it turns out working well, 'cos the ICS L85 can't be locked to semi, it requires the auto mode on the selector for semi to work.

I think they will, Ed. You could offer to put some tape over the fire selector maybe, as perverse as the notion is... Although they let me use my L1A1 before I got the replacement fire selector to replace the filed down one that allowed full auto, so you'll probably be alright. I just struck me... it's really cool having a local-ish site where the cock factor is generally so low!

• Supporters

I think it's the way they run the site. I was talking to Wallace on the way there and back 'cos he offered me a lift, he was saying that when they used to play people used to operate out of car boots and never talk to each other. When he used to walk around at lunch before he realised doing so was "taboo" people used to be really defensive whenever he asked them what gun they were using and what have you, so him Stef and everyone all said "I bet we could run a site better than this"

And the rest is history lol.

I think it's their friendly manner that does it though, if everyone is pleasant, then it breeds pleasantness. It only takes one charismatic dick to ruin everything.

...It's a miracle Pocket hasn't brought the whole site crumbling down yet haha.

I don't think of it so much as going airsofting anymore, for me the social aspect of it has become a part I look forward to. Like last time I went with you to Brit-Tac, and this time at Skirmish were the only times I've been with none of my own clan with me and it was great, got some right conversations with people. I almost preferred going alone because it gives me a chance to get to know and talk to other people and it's thing like that that prop up the site, it's fantastic.

I think it's the fact that other sites don't offer that atmosphere to the same degree that make me not enjoy them as much, 'cos I almost don't think about the social site when I'm reviewing the day, but in retrospect it plays key to a lot of my enjoyment.

Anyway though, I think I've gone off topic enough now...

Magpul Back up Iron sights, the flip up ones, from Hong Kong.

I remember Ian once saying - He's a sound engineer or something - That Binatone are often referred to by those in his field "belongs-in-the-bin-a-tone" lol

But hopefully, you got something semi decent.

No kidding?! I'm a sound designer/audio engineer :D

• Supporters

I'm on an economy boosting streak this week.

Just ordered a single point sling for my L85 and some Afghan style knee pads for the loadout.

• Supporters

No kidding?! I'm a sound designer/audio engineer :D

No kidding. What do you think of Binatone stuff? I had a headphone amp once... had being the operative word.

Yeah I know what you mean, Ed. I tend to be a fairly unsociable cnut and, tbh, there are good reasons for that; but the way they run Skirmish makes most of those reasons irrelevant. It's pretty simple I suppose: we're all there to have a laugh and any reasons we might otherwise fasten upon to judge, dislike, or be suspicious of each other don't seem to get much if any of an airing.

I've even found myself making a jokey reply to a xenophobic comment, the staggering ignorance of which would ordinarily have been my cue to make that person admit they were a fool, or demonstrate it in no uncertain terms, one way or another. Not that I'm suggesting anyone should go along with that kind of thing, but honey catches more flies than vinegar etc. For that reason I'm not going to name'n'shame either, but it wasn't anybody you'd be disappointed in...

I wouldn't say Pocket is a dick. He's a very different person to me and he's fcuking enthusiastic, which is either cool or really annoying depending on how I'm feeling. I can't get on the military tip like a lot of airsofters do and I spose Pocket is on it more than most. I mean, yeah i dress in British Army DPM and have a MK6 helmet, L1A1, bla bla, but it's a game/sport/hobby - I almost joined up when I was too young to know better but nowadays I'd be more likely to volunteer to airsoft bollock naked than recommend being a soldier as a sensible career choice :lol:

Well i used them all day on sunday and they performed without fault.

Have just bought a bowman headset and PTT for it.

Have added to the pile once again!

bought a VFC PEQ 15 and am waiting for a visit from marksman556 on sat to drop of a WAS DCS PC.

Saturday will also now bring a Multicam WAS PLB Belt and 2 x multicam WAS closed M4 pouches.

this means that in 2 weeks i have changed all my loadout bar my boots and gloves!

• Supporters

Waiting for some stainless steel tri-glide buckles to replace the plastic ones on my 3 point sling. A plastic loop gave up the ghost @Brit Tac so I thought I might as well do 'em all at once. I'll have to use Krylon on them at some point. Buggered if I could find any made from black laquered steel, or even just plain mild steel, but at least SS won't rust...

I could've just replaced the thing I spose, but there's nothing wrong with the laquered steel clips, the webbing, or the side release buckle, so, since it cost £4.50 inc P&P (after I complained and accepted 1/2 back rather than getting a full refund and sending it back or a replacement) and another £7.25 for the buckles (actually I ordered 6 so I can do another sling also, for £14.50 inc P&P) that's still plenty cheaper than a good brand, even if a can of Krylon was only enough for these buckles.

Just brought a second hand HFC M190 (M9) full metal, full and semi auto for £30. Just one problem with it and thats fire selector.Right side selector part missing and the small locating pin in the left missing. Found a new selector at Firesupport. Just need to sorce the little pin and spring. (any ideas on this part would be great)

• Supporters

From Circuit Airsoft Closing Down Sale

Umarex H&K G36V Electric Blowback AEG (Black)

Una%20G36v%20bk-500x500.JPG

£120 inc VAT - what, are you 'kin serious?

No, but at least one jammy fcuker got exactly that sweet deal! Barstid!

What really makes me nauseous is that I did know about Circuit closing down yesterday, from the current discussion about mesh goggles, but I didn't bother to look until an hour or so ago. The only consolation I can take from this sad event is that it wasn't the KV version, which is the one I actively want; but still, since I'm planning to mess with it quite a bit anyway, this would have been just as good a starting point as a stock KV, just not what I would want in the interim :'( About all else I can think of is that there seems to be a question of reliability hanging over them, which is not what you need when buying from a company closing down.

What I did get was:-

HEROSHARK DAGGER NOSE

Daggernose-500x500.jpg

Cost me £14.40 (£23 from heroshark.co.uk) - Somewhat bizarrely, IMO, these were the cheapest and the most discounted (£6.80 vs £4.40 or £4.20). I'd have chosen them as the best of the four available choices, because they are the only ones without a pillar in the centre or two separate 'lenses' - the problem with either of those being that when you glance to one side, the vision of the opposite side eye is compromised by the frame, which thus must interfere with depth perception.

Hey ho, I spose not many people think about things like that, but fresh from a discussion about the relative merits of various types of eye protection and types of mesh, I can't help it. The whole reason I decided to give them a try, apart from the fact that I feel that there is a good chance I will not get on with them so it's only worth a punt since they're going cheap, is that the gaps which are wider than other types of sheet mesh offer less restricted vision... I mean, duh! Such wide holes increase the slight risk of being hit in the eye by a fragment of shattered BB, but, for much better vision, that's a risk worth taking I reckon. Why then, given the option, and accepting that slight increased risk for better vision, would I choose anything other than the most open field of view? Somehow I feel it probably has to do with the way a game character or three look... you know, in the same way that some people would rather wear a desert UBACS in a British woodland than CS95 DPM lol!

MAG 140 Round AK74 Magazine Long (Bakelite) x 2

982_mag-ak74mid-500x500-500x500.jpg

Cost me £5.40 each - TBH I hate this colour, even though I have six the same that hold about half as many BB's, but they didn't have any in black - I spose that's what Krylon is for lol!

They have got some Lonex AK47 Flash mags, but I've heard bad things about them, compared to the STANAG type, so I don't feel that £28.80 is cheap enough to take a punt.

G&P Military Distress Marker BB Loader

gpbb-500x500.jpg

For £6 I thought fcuk it, why not? It does seem to look just like the real thing lol!

G&P 8.4v 2200mAh AK Type Battery

gp553ns-500x500.jpg

£13.20 - a 2200mAh battery for less than the price of a 1400 - woohoo! I expect that it'll last all day, even if I end up laying down a lot of covering fire. This photo, the eagle eyed amongst you may have noticed, isn't an 8.4V - it has 8 cells so it's a 9.6V - but I'm sure dodgy pics wasn't what caused Circuit to fold. However...

P&P: Standard Parcels Service

£15.86 - yeah, that's not a typo, it's a piss take :rolleyes: and that kind of thing can't have been good for business. Still, for a total of £60.26 for this lot delivered, I feel like I've done pretty well for my wonga...

No kidding. What do you think of Binatone stuff? I had a headphone amp once... had being the operative word.

As in the communications stuff? Never used them. I'm less of the internal hardware audio engineer and more of the digital kind. Recording, mixing, mastering, audio restoration and such. I dabble in acoustics now and again too :)

Anyways on topic my SERPA 1911 holster is here! Only problem is the dropleg platform is not =/ I need to buy a decent holo scope next.

Well after working this morning and leaving my son at home, I thought it would be nice to take him to the local surplus shop. He bought a long sleeve thermal top and a thick belt. I bought a Swiss Arms rifle case, US tricolour desert shirt, trousers and coat. After a bit of battering and discount it came to £90. Considering the coat was reduced from £50 to £35 and the Swiss Arms case was £25, I think we did ok!